Old 11-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Default Any one on here do the old Carbohydrate Addicts Diet?

Hi,

I few years ago I lost almost 70 lbs on CAD and I've gained a lot of it back which was stupid on my part. I am so at myself. Any way I have decided to get back onit and just wondered if any one here is doing, does or has done it. Thanks. Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/128/135

Height: 5'4 ¾

I did it about three years ago and lost 30 lbs. If I remember correctly, you keep to proteins and certain veggies for all meals except eat a balanced meal mixed with carbohydrates and consume for no more than an hour a day? I did this for about a year and it was novel at first but because I became obsessive with that hour trying to get all my sweets in before my time was up, it became impossible for me to maintain this way of eating. I would find myself making poor choices for all meals. I'd eat unhealthy fatty meats, not balance my carbo meal by eating ice cream or cake for the hour, and leaving out the veggies. I eat so many eggs and pork rinds I couldn't see straight. After the hour I was usually in pain and bloated. I don't think it's necessarily a bad diet, when followed by the book, but definitely not for everyone, especially if you are of an obsessive nature like me.
MaggieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #3  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

http://forum.lowcarber.org/

here is a good link for you with all kind of folks that still eat that way. I used to do that a long time ago. I was a pretty good plan, certainly do-able, I just got tired of having to eat dinner or any carbs confined to a one hour time span. I mean, what if I want to linger over dinnner? Have toast for breakfast? I just didn't think I could live forever like that...but that is me...
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote