3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Oct 22 - 28 Friends and Losers Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/125471-oct-22-28-friends-losers-thread.html)

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 09:49 AM

Good morning everyone!
TGIF!!!
I am stating my weekend goal of losing 0.2 lbs. Having a weekend goal has helped me stay POP before, and it is going to once again!!!

Ok, now that that is out of the way, I just wanted to say that I am out of ticker denial, and I am finally admitting, publicly, that before this week, I had not done so well for about a month.....I guess whenever it was that I left for Germany. That is over now........and I plan on getting to goal on or around May Day. Each day is new......each day we get the opportunity to care for our bodies in the best possible way. Isn't that encouraging? Yesterday is done and gone...........so start fresh today :)

Kristen........you out there girlie? Today is day 5. I am counting on you to hang tough with me through this weekend.

Ok, boys are having WWF in their room, so I must go check it out. I'll be back......
XOXO

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 09:50 AM

P.S. Lorrie..........didn't make any muffins.......you must have me confused with someone else. :)

KrispieD 10-26-2007 10:04 AM

Hello Hello
Well I have to report and hope with out jinxing myself that I had a wonderful day with Jillian yesterday. Our sitter plans fell through last minute so once I wrapped up my work we met a friend at a play place, came home and they got some computer time with Daddy and then I took Jilly to her Irish dance class and Daddy took Jaimie to ballet. She was so good yesterday and we heaped the praise on her at bedtime. I bought a CD of Paul Potts who if anyone doesn't know won the Bristish Idol competition.. he was a regular worker at a factory and had always wanted to sing opera his whole life. Well he won and has a voice that made me cry the first time I heard him sing. I played it on the way to dance class to try and get us switched off Wheels on the Bus and Jilly said wow mommy he is singing with his WHOLE heart.. then she fell asleep. After dance class we saw a sunset and a full moon so it was a great and much needed by mommy day. I did see a full moon and the last time we had 3 really hard days with Jilly we saw a full moon too. is there any chance that lunar cycles can affect our kids??
I got to go out for a few hours with some other moms I know, no kids and they picked a new restaurant. Well in the middle of it is the largest dessert bar I have EVER seen.. 9 women around me had huge slabs of cheesecake, caramel crunch, toffee apple pie etc... I ordered a shrimp salad and a non fat latte....so Nicole.. I DID IT! I was very proud of myself!!
I'm off to teach two signing workshops so will check in later but I feel so much better today.. scale is moving where it should.
I've attached the youtube link to Paul Potts..have a listen and enjoy some really great feel good music..this man had a dream and made it a reality..just like all of us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxTy7KIAaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Pv-0vpxSc

Dan2112 10-26-2007 10:07 AM

Morning all!

Yay! It's Friday... After the busy week I've had, I'm glad it's almost over...

Lorrie... Chicken doesn't have to be boring.. There are lots of recipies out there.. Just be as creative as you can.. And don't limit yourself to chicken.. There's turkey too! :lol:

Seriously though... You have to learn to eat new things in new ways... And learn to eat some things you've never been fond of.. I HATE FISH... Literally can't stand it.. BUT, I've been able to manage that hatred and have learned to make it in ways I can enjoy it. Well.. Perhaps "enjoy" is too strong a word, but at least I can tolerate it now without making a face every time I put it in my mouth...

Plus, don't deprive yourself of things like beef and pork.. Just make good choices with the cuts you use and always stick to the proper proportions. It's also very easy to assume you can buy the prepared or pre-marinated meats, but don't forget they are stuffed with salt and other icky things... The slow cooker and salt free spice rack are your friends!!

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 10:12 AM

Oh, Kristen.......he made me cry..........

healthy2b 10-26-2007 10:13 AM

Good morning all.....

New avatar is of my new grandson....he is soooo precious!

Karen-Congrats on the new job-it sounds perfect. One of these days, when my kids all get out of college, I'd like a job like that!

Lettie - Karen is right....there will be plenty of time to work and if you can stay at home with your kids right now ....DO IT! I stayed home with my kids when they where young and had to make lots and lots of sacrifices to do so but it was well worth it. When the time is right you will know it and the right job will come around and you'll feel good about it.

Joni - I guess I missed it....what is Olivias Secret? I am so impressed - shampooing rugs after a long day at work - I never have that much energy left at the end of the day.

Kim03-DS and I were talking about those break-up and later make-up stories like your neice last night....He's doing fine but I can tell he still is struggling with it a bit....time will tell....His girlfriend was like one of my kids since she has been around for so long....took trips with us, spent Holidays with us etc..., we'll miss her because we will always love her. DS told me last night that it really makes it hard when we talk to her so we are going to have to make an effort to be sensitive to his feelings....I don't want to cut her out but find a way to work this out for the whole family....it's going to be a sticky situation because she is very close to my daughters also.....really sad situation:(

Lori - Great Loss!! WTG!!

Emily - I'm a little late to wish you good luck with your WI - hopefully it went well:)

Nicole - I'm really late with this but I was eading back about your situation with DF (dear friend), OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I hope everything has worked out!

Felicia - hope DD feels better soon - You are such a good teacher and your students are really lucky to have you!

Barbara - Thanks...I haven't really changed things much except exercising less -I think I was in the gym too much - as weird as that sounds - it seems to be working for me.

Hi Amylou, Liza, Dan, Liz, Tina and anyone else I left out....Good Friday to everyone!

I need to go WI this morning but I'm feeling a little bloated so I'm scared to go. I will make myself go anyway and see what happens.

SpringManor 10-26-2007 10:31 AM

I can't stand fish either, but thanks for the pointers, I will try and be more creative in my choices.

Nicole, sorry about the muffins, I got you mixed up with Felicia. I love your posts though Nicole, you keep our spirits up.

healthy2b 10-26-2007 10:52 AM

Kristen - WOW!!!! he is so talented....I'm sitting in my office with tears in my eyes and everyone who walks by my door is wondering what is going on......great voice!!!!!

emmysmom 10-26-2007 11:01 AM

Awwww, Carrie he's beautiful!!!

I need to go check out that youtube video...

healthy2b 10-26-2007 11:09 AM

I put a neat picture of Landon (DGS) and POPs'(grandpa) finger on my profile. Landon was one day old. Can you tell I'm a proud Grandma...ha...ha!

bayoubelle68 10-26-2007 11:17 AM

Lorrie - the muffins were a big hit with the kids in my class! I even ran to the teachers' lounge and heated them in the microwave so they were warm. The recipe is easy and makes a ton of muffins (36), so there were enough for my whole class and for my own children to have them for breakfast today and over the weekend.

It's a recipe I developed a few years ago and my kids and I make them every year on Christmas Eve so they call them "Christmas Morning Muffins." We make several batches, bag them in dozens, and go and leave bags - along with little tubs of homemade honey butter - on our friends' doorsteps on the evening of Christmas Eve. That way, they can enjoy Christmas morning without worrying about cooking breakfast!

MomOfThreeTeens 10-26-2007 11:36 AM

Good Friday morning everybody!!!

Carrie-Your new grandson is beautiful! I love babies!

Why do there have to be situations every freaking weekend that test our will power? LOL Last weekend was the wedding and tonight is my class reunion!
I'm really looking forward to going!! I have NO idea what I'm going to wear. We're having dinner then leaving from there to go to the Football Homecoming so I dont want to be dressed up to go sit in the bleachers! Any suggestions???
If this had happened last fall, 70 pounds heavier, I'm not sure I would have even gone! Just pray that I survive the food, I'm just now recovering from all the treats from the wedding last week! I'm going to have to throw out the rest of the wedding cake or I'm going to be a blimp! LOL Its red velvet with cream cheese icing and it calls my name every time I walk in the kitchen! UGH!! OH and theres a whole cheesecake in the fridge from the rehearsal dinner! I havent been brave enough to change my ticker but my scale sure doesnt say 157 :::sighing:::

Hope everybody has an amazing weekend!!!!

chiquita623 10-26-2007 12:05 PM

Ok Fellow Losers. I need expert opinions here. I've been stuck at 171 for a couple of month or more. I'm only 11 pounds away from goal. I was on gold w/llites. When I went to the COD on Monday, the counselor told me that since I'm only 10 pounds from goal and I've been stuck for so long that I should move to green. She gave me the green plan and diary, the whole shebang. When I went to WI yesterday, I got a different counselor (the head cheese so to speak) and she said that I absolutely should not and cannot be on the green because it is not enough calories. But she didn't tell me to go back to gold either and she didn't take my green stuff away from me either. And I was down .6 which is a big loss for me lately. So, what should I do? Does anyone know the approximate calories in the green plan and the gold plan? Just wondering if anyone else has had this dilema of 2 different counselors telling you to do different things.

This is longer than I intended and I didn't get a chance to do any personals. Hope everyone has a POP weekend and I'll try to get back on here more next week. I miss chatting with everyone!! :hug:

LizzyW 10-26-2007 12:21 PM

GM all,

I am so glad it is Friday. What a week!! Phewww!! Well I am still at 166, so I am proud of myself. May be I should stay on the plateau breaker until I lose the rest of my weight. This is my last day today then the weekend hits where all eating seems to go out the door. Maybe I will do the plateau breaker during the weeks and regular plan during the weekend. LOL

Glad to see so many loser out there. I must get some work done and then I am meeting a friend for lunch. Talk to you all later.

Liz

slim n trim 10-26-2007 12:22 PM

Carrie, your grandson is adorable.
I am looking forward to going to Calgary on Sunday to see my grandson. He is a month old, and we haven't seen him since the day he was born. I have had the flu, and didn't want to give it to the baby or dd - so we have been staying away.
I love babies, and I am missing out on cuddles and kisses with him.
Have a great day everyone.

MomOfThreeTeens 10-26-2007 12:28 PM

Laurie-I'm not sure about calories/servings on Gold Vs. green. I was told that I wouldnt move to Green until I reached 134. That aint gonna ever happen! LOL I stayed on Gold until I reached my goal. Good luck with whatever you decide to do!!!

bayoubelle68 10-26-2007 12:34 PM

OMGoodness! My classroom stinks SO bad! One of my kids wore a coat today that came straight out of mothballs. His mom didn't air it out at all! It's so bad, my eyes keep watering! The kids are in PE right now and I have the outside door of my classroom open trying to rid the room of the smell - at least temporarily. I started to put his coat outside, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. The other kids were making a big deal out of it this morning after he left his coat in the room and went to breakfast. I had to tell them a bunch of junk about how that smell actually meant that his coat was clean and had been taken good care of during the summer. As much as it stinks, I do NOT allow students to pick on each other. Four of my little freaks have actually said how good they think it smells - and I forced a smile and said, "Me, too!" Who knows? Maybe it will clear up my sinuses!!

chiquita623 10-26-2007 12:44 PM

Thanks Kim. The only difference between Gold and Green is you lose 1 vege and 1 fruit. I've been following Green since Monday and really haven't felt hungry on it. The second counselor also told me that if I stayed on Green that I would lose the weight fast but would gain it all back when I go on stabilization and maintenance. Maybe I'll just stick with gold and tough it out. Guess I'm just frustrated at not losing and they keep telling me I need to buy more weeks. I think not. Believe me, they've made plenty off of me!! Maybe I'll do the plateau buster next week and see how that goes. Thanks again.

Kimphin 10-26-2007 12:53 PM

Hi all! Happy Friday! I’m watching my 13yo neice this weekend, it’s my sis’s 25th anny and they are going to Lake Placid. It should be a price of cake weekend, she’s really independent, plus she has play practice all day tomorrow. But, this means no golf this weekend. Sniff, sniff.

After one solid month of going to the gym 4x/week, today I finally noticed results (other than not being able to walk or reach for things without pain!). Monday we did these ‘curtsey squats’ and by Tuesday afternoon I was in serious distress. I had to do this sliding/rolling motion just to get in and out of the car. Graceful? NOT! Even the class instructor was complaining that her A$$ hurt, and she’s like the size of my femur.

Barbara – yeah, I’m a CPA. I worked for a CPA firm for a while, but it’s not for me. Now I am a school business administrator. I’m contemplating getting a masters and then getting certified as a school district building leader or whatever the **** they are currently calling it – basically what I am, but I would be eligible for tenure.

Tina – I TiVo TBL too, and thank GOD! I end up fast forwarding through most of the filler stuff. I now find that TiVo has ruined me for life. I find it impossible to watch a commercial! Neil ‘playing the game’ like that was disappointing, just like when Matt did it in the first TBL. It makes for an unfair advantage the next week. I hope that they change the rules to not allow that.

Karen – congrats on the job! Gotta keep those golf appointments!

Carrie – beautiful grandson!!! Congrats!

Felicia – that poor boy with the mothball coat! I loved your explanation to the kids about it, hopefully he doesn’t get teased about it.

Hi to everyone else – Nicole, Kristen, Dan, Joni, Liz, Lettie, oh, just everyone!

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthy2b (Post 1906787)
I put a neat picture of Landon (DGS) and POPs'(grandpa) finger on my profile. Landon was one day old. Can you tell I'm a proud Grandma...ha...ha!

Oh, Carrie......you should be proud. He is just perfect. I love his little round face :) I miss having a baby in the house. Today is DS 3rd birthday, and it just seems wild that there is no daycare baby here and I am not pregnant. I cannot wait to be a grandma :)

Kimphin 10-26-2007 01:00 PM

Are we going for 6 Nicole?

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 01:03 PM

Kim.......Tivo has destroyed me too. I'd rather wait 20 minutes after a show starts to begin watching it than watch commercials......:lol:
P.S. I hate squats and lunges......pretty much cuz I am weak and I suck at them........poor DH.

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimphin (Post 1906940)
Are we going for 6 Nicole?

so if you can read my mind, you know the two words that came to my mind when I read your comment :rofl: I am already crazy.......:lol:

Kimphin 10-26-2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Nicole (Post 1906945)
Kim.......Tivo has destroyed me too. I'd rather wait 20 minutes after a show starts to begin watching it than watch commercials......:lol:
P.S. I hate squats and lunges......pretty much cuz I am weak and I suck at them........poor DH.

I do the same thing!

These squats were sneaky in that they were super easy to do! Then, 24 hours later...WHAM! My butt felt like I had been hit by a truck.

Quote:

so if you can read my mind, you know the two words that came to my mind when I read your comment I am already crazy.......
:D:D:D :devil:

BarbaraB 10-26-2007 01:38 PM

Laurie, If you are not hungry on green, and weren't losing on gold, perhaps it is not too few calories for you. We are all different. Believe me, your body will let you know when it is really starving. If you are feeling cold all the time for no reason, it could be a sign of your metabolism cutting back, so if you are not dying of hunger and cold all the time, I'd say stick with green for awhile and see how it goes. You can always switch back if it is not working for you! It is not THAT many fewer calories. less than 100 less per day, I can't see it totally sabotaging yourself. It seems to me that you got advice that the head cheese counselor wouldn't have given and she had to make up reasons why it wouldn't work more than she really knows anything, since it just doesn't make sense to me what she said. I took about 4 months to lose the last 10 pounds, so I can totally commiserate with you on the struggle. I didn't lose any more weight during stabilization. I've struggled to keep the weight down in maintenance, and I followed their advice and went on TO after TO to get those last few pounds off, which was probably more like putting my body into starvation mode than cutting back a plan.

Kim, wedding cake in your house! Oh my gosh, and cheese cake too. I think after a week you should declare it all "stale" and throw it out! Or at least convince yourself it will taste bad if you eat it now since it has "gone bad". I can somehow talk myself into almost believing things like that.

Carrie, what an adorable little boy! So how much did you cut back at the gym?

Felicia, hope the stink aired out! Pumpkin muffins sound tasty.

Liz, Congrats on seeing 166 again.

I've got to go and get some mileage in at lunch for my 50 mile walking challenge.

BarbaraB 10-26-2007 01:40 PM

Kim, I did the biggest loser DVD with Kim the trainer and she killed me with the squats and lunges. I do the Tivo of TBL also, and I just hit fast forward when Kim and Amy were having their drama... just too painful to watch. I Tivo Deal or No Deal and pretty much watch the whole thing on fast forward, as I can see all the numbers and the deals and don't have to listen to the screaming... Hope you have a good time with your niece. It is great that she gets to spend time to get to know you more one on one.

healthy2b 10-26-2007 02:20 PM

Barbara - I was going 4 days a week for 1 1/2 to 2 hours - 60 min. cardio - 15 min. abs - then weights until I got finished - I would rotate muscle groups through out the week now I just go 4-5 days a week for one hour....45-50 minutes cardio - 10 min. abs - and two or three exercises with weights for different body part each day. I usually go over an hour by about 10-15 min. Thats really the only thing that I change besides maybe the Fucothin kicked in.

dawn78 10-26-2007 02:23 PM

Carrie - adorable grandson! It's hard to believe how fast they grow and change.

EmilyLashea 10-26-2007 02:34 PM

Carrie- The picture on your profile is beautiful! He is prefect :angel:

Felicia- That is so sweet that you do things like that for your students. I had a teacher like that once.. They'll remember you forever for it.

Kim- I don't know how you're controlling yourself.. Cream Cheese Icing is the best stuff in the world! I could it it by the spoonful right out of the container!

Nicole- Don't wish to hard for that grandchild thing. We just found out my sister (17) is almost 4 months pregnant... bless her stupid little heart :dizzy: Although now that I'm past the shock I can't wait for a little one to spoil. Plus, I'm hoping it will keep me from catching "baby fever" that seems to be going around and finish everything I have planned before I go there.

So.. I went to weigh in this morning. I'm down 1.6. Not what I was hoping for after TO Monday and Tuesday but I guess any loss is a good loss, right?

MomOfThreeTeens 10-26-2007 02:51 PM

LOL Emily you really made me laugh out loud with your "Bless her stupid little heart" comment. Thats definitely a southern thing! I heard a statement one time that said you could say whatever you want about somebody as long as you follow it with "Bless her heart" And in the south that tends to be the case!

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 02:55 PM

Emily......that is a fabulous loss!!! I know it is so hard to get happy about small loses when you have only been doing LAWL for a couple of months.....but believe me.......every little bit adds up.....and those who lose small amounts consistently are the ones that kick some serious booty!!! Keep the faith!

Kim.......did I read correctly, that you have been going to the gym 4X a week for a month? Damn, girl........you get one big fat WHHOOOOHHHOOOOOO from me!!!! How are you going to fit in working once you have to start? Really though, that is something to be proud of.......WTG!!!

Ok, I am supposed to go do laundry now................so I will change it, but then I am going to have to go crochet for a little while. My brain is still on vacation...........A MONTH LATER :lol:
XOXO

Mama Nicole 10-26-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomOfThreeTeens (Post 1907141)
LOL Emily you really made me laugh out loud with your "Bless her stupid little heart" comment. Thats definitely a southern thing! I heard a statement one time that said you could say whatever you want about somebody as long as you follow it with "Bless her heart" And in the south that tends to be the case!

Awwww, dangit Kim#2......why didn't you tell me that before.......when I made a complete a$$ out of myself by talking smack about my girlfriend, I could have just added, "bless her heart," and I wouldn't have gotten into trouble!!!! I am pretty close to being in the south.........at least on the south side of St. Louis I am......they all have accents, and don't say, "forty,".....they say, "farty." And, they, "warsh their laundry." Blows me away. Do people in other parts of the country consider St. Louis, "the south?"

EmilyLashea 10-26-2007 03:06 PM

Kim- you are exactly right about the "bless their heart" comment. you can say whatever you want and it's a free pass as long as that's at the end :D

Nicole- Thanks.. On a normal week I would be thrilled with 1.6 but with the TO I was hoping for more. Oh well, I'm still feeling good about being POP all week :cheer: And as far as being a southerner, I'd say you're atleast a boarderline yes, so you definately could have used "bless her heart" with your friend and gotten by! ;)

MomOfThreeTeens 10-26-2007 03:22 PM

awwww look at her, shes got the face only a mother could love...Bless her heart!!!! LOL Definitely a southern thang!!!!

Sorry Nicole, dont guess it would work now after the fact! LOL

healthy2b 10-26-2007 03:50 PM

Emily - congrats....thats a great loss....I don't even attempt TO anymore...the most I've lost after TO is .6! Don't know why it doesn't work for me but it doesn't.

BarbaraB 10-26-2007 05:31 PM

Carrie, that does sound like a lot of exercise, so it could have been a factor. I've got to try this fucothin. Everyone using it is seeing pretty good results.

Emily, I know what you mean about wishing that TO was going to cause a really large drop. I think it has the biggest weight drop if you've been a bit off plan and are bloated, as it will clear the salt from your system. If you've been a perfect little POP gal, then it just sometimes doesn't do much. The pounds all add up though, and it does slow down the lower you get. One more pound it will be 20 pounds, and I bet you were hoping to see that over 20 number. Maybe next time though.

Nicole, I too would love a grandchild, only not just yet. My DD has several friends who already had babies, so I get the occasional baby fix via her friends. Sweet things, but seeing the teen mothers who are living at home with their babies scares my DH to death.

So far I've managed all of today on plateau buster. I may not make 5 days in a row, but I'm just going to try to get in as many days like that as I can manage. My DH tends to bring me coffee in the morning and he has taken to bringing a biscotti too. I've finally had to put my foot down since I can consume a starch and fruit serving before I'm even awake that way and it is not plateau buster worthy. My DH is addicted to biscotti's and eats probably at least 2 a day. I love those chocolate covered ones though, so sometimes it is worth the exchanges, but mostly it causes me to get hungry later in the day if I've swilled my exchanges on biscotti's.

EmilyLashea 10-26-2007 06:00 PM

Carrie- I usually lose about 3 with TO which is why I was a bit surprised. Aren't you excited about seeing the 70's again!? I can't wait!! :high:

Barbara- Yes, 20 pounds will be a big mark.. Makes me feel like i'm really accomplishing something! :)

Kim0303 10-27-2007 12:10 PM

WOw Emily, a baby having a baby. Scares me. I have 17yo. I keep telling her and I hope she listens. Not the way you want to start your 20s. That is the years you want to be having fun without the extra responsibility and getting an education so you can support your children if you have to work. I keep telling her to marry rich but she is into this LOVE thing.
Said I didn't marry rich, I was into the LOVE thing, I said well do as I say and not as I did. If he has enough money and stays out of your hair, you won't care what an @#s he is. She ain't going for it darn it!

Dan2112 10-27-2007 12:21 PM

Wow.. Everyone must have had a busy night last night.. The last post was yesterday afternoon??

We're going to be doing our darnedest to stay on plan today.. So far so good, but we have TWO kid parties later on.

Kim0303 10-27-2007 01:36 PM

Dan & Liz, You can DO IT!!! Look at you guys, you have already done great! Hang tough! Have a great weekend!

Liza, Where are you?