Old 10-30-2007, 11:23 AM   #16  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Tamara - you are most definitely right - I do need to fit in the fruits & veggies into my diet - but am scared to change too much as I am seeing such successes these days! I can't say I don't get any fruits or veggies - usually a few times a week I do - but clearly not enough at this point. Thanks for opening my eyes about it - I guess I have just "forgotten" about them!

So - the scale keeps moving for me this week - down another 2lbs today! That is 3.5lbs. this week (and it is only Tuesday!) but much deserved after 10 days of no movement (damn that Aunt Flo!)

I feel like my mini-goal of 195lbs is totally attainable for Christmas - and I can't wait to get there and keep on truckin' past it!

Well - Happy Tuesday all - thanks for the support Tamara!

Oh - and your engagement photos are fabulous Tamara - you look so happy & in love! Congrats!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #17  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I have been using slim fast optima with pretty good results. I'll have a shake in the morning with some high fiber cereal or a multi-grain eggo waffle, hold the syrup. I'll have a snack in between which usually consists of a special K snack bar (90 calories) For lunch I'll have my second shake and a sandwich or some cottage cheese and wheat thins. I'll eat an apple in between lunch and dinner, and then for dinner I eat normal, just with smaller portions than what I used to have. however, I am learning that this plan was actually too drastic of a calorie cut from what I used to eat (I have hit a plateau after a loss of 7 lbs over 4 weeks) so I am going to try to eat more snack in between meals. Great job all! We'll all reach our goals someday if we just keep going!!! WOOHOO!!!
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:10 PM   #18  

Height: 5 ft 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutieshirl40 View Post
Well, I am thinking of starting slimfast after many years, but I know I tried it a few years ago and find it never holds me for long...I am hungry soon after or feel almost like a burning in the esophogus, like I have acid reflux..anyone have any suggestions of how I can do this? I am hypothyroid and am taking hormone meds so the weight has packed on over the year to about 20 lbs..I have to be motivated to go to the gym....any suggestions??
Hey everyone,
I am like cutieshirl40 - would like to start slimfast, but when I tried once I was still hungry, now when I was look at a package of slimfast, I see that they recommend food with the shake - which is great, as the calories consumed on the old slimfast diet would be almost like starvation ....now it seems they are promoting a healthier, more realistic diet plan - correct me if I'm wrong ?....any suggestions or advice from those that are using slimfast ?....thanks so much
no8hunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 PM   #19  
Pat is in KY

S/C/G: 283/283/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Slimfast

I was watching a nutritionist on tv who said that drinking a glass of low fat milk is a much better quality protein than drinking a Slim Fast. And what is ironic is that my doctor, an internist, said the exact same thing when I told him last year I was on the slim fast diet. I still buy protein bars. But, the problem is, they are tempting to eat for snacks.
goincrazyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:33 PM   #20  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

Hi No8hunny - I consume about 1200 calories per day with Slim Fast shakes being 380 of those calories. I also really try to get a lot of fiber into my diet (the shakes have 20% of the daily recommendation - so I already get 40% with 2 shakes)...then I try to have a Fiber One bar every day - they have 35% of daily fiber and help to keep me full (and 140 calories). I keep SF bars around in case I want one (I like the chocolate chip muffin bars) and 100 calorie snacks as well. My "sensible meal" per the old commercials is generally around 500 calories - and usually a ham or turkey sandwich with a side of light chips (low calorie, fat free, made with olestra - I can't help it - that is my one thing I can't give up - so I choose a healthier version).

As you can see - my diet does not have a lot of fruits and veggies - but per Tamara's mention of this, I am trying to incorporate at least one per day - today it was a banana with peanut butter....I hope to up this number up to 6-8 per day...but it will take time for me to do that....I'm basically scared to do too much change in my diet because I am losing so well right now.

I also work out 6 days per week for about 90 minutes per day...some days longer, some days shorter.

I hope this helps you with your goal! I love stepping on the scale daily to make sure I am either maintaining or continuing to lose! Slim Fast has really made the difference for me. I have lost 19lbs. in less than 6 weeks Good Luck!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote