Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

You gals have to stay healthy! Take care. Peas, I'll bet there are some wonderful things to eat in Boston.

I noticed when I was doing the fitday food thing that I had spinach, onion and tomatoes in all three meals. An omlette for breakfast, a salmon salad for lunch and spaghetti with a spinach salad for dinner. I hope I don't end up looking like Popeye with all the spinach.

Yep, Meowee, I could never do this with as little food as some folks eat.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:08 AM   #107  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Vegetable stew

At a potluck yesterday, I started with a big cup of "vegetable stew" - mostly cabbage in enough water to almost qualify as soup. That started the feeling of being satisfied; moderation after that, even though faced with a full table of choices, was easier than when in similar situations.

Methinks you Volumetrics folk are on to something

XXXXXXX 7 XXXXX|| 14 ||||||| 21 ||||||| 28 ||||||| 35 ||||||| 42
Completed Beck Program-day 12. 30 to go. Keep going!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #108  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Linda- feeling crummy from diabetes? I deal with migraines almost on a daily basis, so if it's something like that, I can relate.

Gail- thanks for the tips. I think I really need to plan ahead and have cooked and ready meals in the freezer like you suggested. Last night I was too tired and unorganized, so my husband went and got a pizza, and I didn't fight him. Kiss of Death. Before that, I was feeling pretty positive about the whole week. Something ready in the freezer would have prevented the pizza.

Does everyone usually weigh in every week?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #109  

I usually weigh in every week. When I first started "weight management". I sometimes got too tired and too hungry like you are taliking about. I figured out that I had to have some quick energy on hand, and I used a nut/seed/dried fruit mix. One serving is 1/4 cup and has almost 200 calories. That is a lot of calories for such a small amount of food, but it kept me from eating pizza or other stuff that would sabotage my diet. I carried a small container of it in my purse for emergencies. Now that I have been doing this for a while, I don't seem to have so many times when one minute I am fine, the next I am falling apart with hunger.
+
Old 10-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #110  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Hi gang . . . Afraid I'm really down in the dumps . . . "lost" one of my 7.5 month old kittens yesterday. He tried to fight with one too many plastic bags. Such a freaking waste of such a special little life. Today his sisters are wandering the house trying to find him. Guess Heaven needed a Bengal kitten yesterday.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:13 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Linda,
I'm sorry for your loss. Take care
Old 10-30-2007, 09:07 AM   #112  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

I'm feeling quite a bit brighter this morning -- amazing what a good night's sleep can do for you. The sun is shining, too and that always helps. It is cold though; just above freezing; but no snow yet.

Have a great day gang . . .
Old 10-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #113  
Liz

Linda- I'm SO sorry about your kitten! They become such a part of your life, like your own children. Sometimes it's just so hard to understand why the bad things happen. I'll think of you when I hug my kitties today.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #114  

Oh my gosh, Linda, I am so sorry to hear about your kitten. That is so sad. They become such a part of the family that you really miss them when they are gone.

We lost one of ours, too. A few days ago, we let him out in the morning, and never saw him again. The very next day, I saw a bobcat cross our driveway with a rabbit in his mouth. We wonder if maybe that's what got Simon. We are so careful about getting them in before sunset and not letting them out before it is fully light, but I guess it didn't work this time. We miss our little Simon. He is the one on the left in my avatar.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:31 PM   #115  
Onward and Downward

Oh GAIL . . . not knowing if Simon is okay or not must be really hard . . . at least I know that Freckle has gone to 'that good place'.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 AM   #116  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Looks like this is going to be one of the best Halloween's (weather-wise) that I've seen since I moved to Nova Scotia -- Sun is shining; high is going to be about 10C/50F; and the good weather is predicted to continue through the evening hours.

Best of all -- for me, anyway -- I let the scale out of his corner and he grudgingly rewarded me with a 2 pound loss for the month of October. He's going away again though. I know he'll be constantly trying to get 'under foot' if I leave him out and then we'll only start fighting again. So he's staying hidden until the last Wednesday in November (the 28th).

Hope you all have a very Happy Haunting Day . . .
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 AM   #117  
Liz

Gail- I'm so sorry about your Simon- how old was he? Is he still not back? My calico got attacked by a dog once. She survived, but her personality changed permanently, so I just don't let them out anymore. I can't take the anxiety. They're not too happy about it, but I guess that's too bad. Once in a while I let them out on a long leash while I sit and read- guess that's better than nothing.

Linda- congratulations! It looks like you only weigh in once a month? I was wondering if that was a smarter way to go, since on the Volumetrics plan you tend to lose at a slower pace. I thought that maybe I lost 1/2 lb last week, but I can't really tell on my scale, so it almost feels like I lost nothing. I think I need to switch to monthly or biweekly weigh-ins to not get discouraged.

I also noticed that if I don't get enough sleep I'm hungrier. I was really tired yesterday and felt hungry all day. I think they're connected.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:38 PM   #118  
Onward and Downward

I'd like to weigh-in weekly . . . but that seems to evolve to climbing on the ratty thing daily and then getting really about the perfectly normal ups and downs . . . so, for me, out of sight, out of mind is my best bet. Seems that once a month is all I can handle without driving myself
Old 10-31-2007, 06:05 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

It was a crazy Halloween day at school with way too much junk food! Back on the volumetrics plan tomorrow
Old 10-31-2007, 06:50 PM   #120  

We had a potluck lunch today. My lunch was one slice of cheesecake. Over 400 calories, but worh it. There is candy lurking around here, but I am refusing to notice it.
Closed Thread