Old 09-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #16  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormomto6 View Post
My name is Cindy and I've been on Alli since September 1st,
I'm 44 and have 6 kids, 3 are grown though. I also am a grandmother of 2 with one more due in November.
Hi Cindy, welcome to the Alli thread - WOW 6 kids and you are so young! I'm 42 with 1 and sometimes that's too much to handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck1Beck View Post
But the good news is, my weigh-in this morning has me holding steady. I was sure I'd added a pound or two, but it looks like I dodged the bullet this time.

Got back on track yesterday, so lets see what happens at next week's weigh-in.
Good job maintaining, Beck. That is really the key to success, not gaining weight back.

Quote:
If I could lose 2 lbs a week, steadily, I'd be thrilled. I'm not sure that will happen in the long term.
I have been averaging 2 - 2.5lbs a week since July on Alli, before that it was 1.50 - 2 a week. So Alli is helping me quite a bit to stay on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post
I am doing ok! Nothing spectacular. I have noticed that I am retaining water like CRAZY!!! I feel miserable, but it will pass I am sure.
What's up with the water? are you having lots of sodium? I hate that, my fingers get big and my rings feel tight, but since I have been eating low salt I haven't had the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
well I have been lurking around the thread for days so I finally decided to post. I really need to get my eatting under control. My weight seems to go up and down. I want to get it down and stay that way.
Hi Bev! welcome to the Alli thread. Have you started Alli? how is it going for you?

Quote:
....How hard are each of you trying to reach your myalli targets?
I set my targets lower, I'm in a hurry!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
Do you take alli with every meal? My mom mentions I should need to take it all the time, especially if I'm eating right. But I don't know. I still like how alli can help me control myself.
Hi Daimere, I don't take Alli with breakfast, but I take it with lunch (approx 5 - 7 grams) and dinner (approx 10 - 15 grams)
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:16 PM   #17  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Yeah i dont know what is the water deal....it is annoying..but oh well. I dont think I am getting toooo much sodium, I have been watching it. I think it is the adjustment to the new meds. Who knows, I will get through it.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #18  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Taylormom
That is one of the very reasons I haven't started taking the Alli yet, among other reasons. They tell me 1800 calories. I don't count calories but when I do check them to see how close I am. I am never over 1300. Fat they say something like 54 grams a day. I am never over 30.

I try to eat six meals a day. before breakfast and breakfast ( breakfast broken into two meals ) before lunch and lunch ( lunch broken into two meals ) before dinner and dinner ( broken into two meals ) and then some kind of snack. Most of the time before the before dinner meal I am so stuffed I don't know how to get another bite in me.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-26-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #19  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I've had to force myself to eat breakfast. I even have to wake up earlier one the days I could sleep in so I can get it in. But I know it's good for me and I'm starting to really enjoy eating breakfast now.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #20  

gosh i have missed you guys ! i kept checking but i couldnt find the new thread! i was worried about you all. the dr has me off work until dec 1. then i start looking for a new job. i am hoping to lose at least 10 pounds by then. a few of my friends work at disneyland anaheim and want me to join them. so we shall see..sue
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #21  
Rennie

Daimere
I was never a breakfast person no matter what time I got up. I have found I need to eat smaller portions and eat more times a day. Eating breakfast has really helped get the food into me that I need. I still don't eat enough.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #22  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hey cats and gators!

hope everyone's having a great day/week!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:20 AM   #23  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

well my week is going "okay". Nothing major happening. I had a good day yesterday and I am aiming for another. At this point I am taking things ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #24  
Happy New Rears!

I've been sitting day dreaming about food all morning, somebody please slap some sense into me...

I keep picturing toasted bagels with melting butter AND cream cheese and potato chips and dip. What the heck is wrong with me today?
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 305/282/199

Height: 5'6"

Default Welcome to Beckie's World

Hey, all!!

Daimere: I eat breakfast, (Special K with almonds and 2% milk). I don't take a pill with breakfast (not enough fat) but do take one with lunch and dinner, no matter what we're having.
Thin: Thanks for the pat on the back.
Got2: Make sure you don't let weight loss interfere with whatever the Doctor's got you out of work for. They always told me that healing requires the right vitamins and proteins.
Thin: Try picturing those greasy bagels superglued to your butt.
Still: I know how you feel--when I start holding water, I'm absolutely miserable. I never understood how drinking more water could help me to loose more water. Oh well, welcome to Beckie's world.

Keep on Keeping On:

Here's some more of my favorite WORDS TO LIVE BY:

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice Doggie!"......'til you can find a rock.
Beck1Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #26  

beck i loved the picture in my mind of bagels stuck on the butt. mine goes to my hips i eat breakfast too. most days just yoghurt and toast, sometimes eggs and veggies. i still have not hit the high calorie goal of 1800 or the fat grms of 19 per meal. i take alli anyway 3 times a day. i am having a high stress day today, and crawling out of my skin with nerves. hid the high cal junk my husband eats and going for a walk..
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #27  
Rennie

Thin
Now a toasted bagel is only 1 gram of fat ( I eat the mini ones ) and a Tbs of cream cheese ( the whipped kind ) is only 3 grams of fat. Nothing wrong with that. Nice breakfast along with a banana, small glass 4 oz of orange juice and a bowl of grape nuts 1/2 cup cereal with 1/2 cup 2% milk That is about what I eat for the before breakfast and breakfast meal. That is two of my six meals a day.

Pre Breakfast
Bagel ( 1 mini ) Fat = 1 Calories = 130
Cream Cheese ( Whipped Kind ) Fat = 3 Calories = 30
Orange Juice 4 oz Fat = 0 Calories = 55

Total Fat Pre Breakfast = 4
Total Calories Pre Breakfast = 215

Breakfast
Grape Nuts Cereal 1/2 Cup Fat = 1 Calories = 200
Banana Fat = 1/2 Calories = 100
1/2 Cup 2% Milk Fat = 2 1/2 Calories = 65

Total Fat Breakfast = 4
Total Calories Breakfast = 365

Total Morning Meals
Fat = 8
Calories = 580

That is if I get all the food eaten I am suppose to eat by 10 am lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-27-2007 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 269/244/150

Height: 5'6"

I eat the mini bagels too. I eat them with a meal to add some calories and fat (I just had a Healthy Choice Steamers Basil Chicken, very good, that was very low in both, added a mini bagel with onion flavored cream cheese).

I eat them for a snack with FF or Light Stawberry flavored cream cheese. I have 5 kinds of cream cheese in fridge, lol, some reg, some light, some FF depending on my needs I think its a great way to get closer to the targets.

Now if I could just find whole wheat bagels, I'd feel a lil better about them.

Cindy T
Taylormomto6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #29  
Rennie

Cindy
Don't know if you have a Giant Eagle around you. They sell the whole wheat bagels. I don't like the fat free or low fat cream cheeses but I have found the whipped is way lower in fat than the regular and tastes better than the low fat or fat free. I should get adventurous and try some of the other flavors. Have never tried any but the regular cream cheese.

Beck
Since there is only 1 gram of fat in a bagel. You don't have to worry about grease or fat or much of anything. It is a nice addition to the daily intake.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-29-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #30  
Debbie

S/C/G: 230...............175

Height: 5' 6"

Default Still going strong!

Got on the scale today and I lost another 3 pounds! That totals 17 pounds lost since I started taking alli. I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but for a few weeks I was staying at 220 and 219. I was getting really frustrated because I've been watching what I eat and exercising 5 times a week. But all my hard work is paying off!

I know muscle weighs more than fat and I really wasn't worried because I went down a pants size. I'm donating my size 18-20's next week!!!

I'm heading up to NJ this weekend to see the family. I plan on moving back the end of February. It's time to leave NC and head home. Since I separated from my husband, I really have no reason to be here. Plus jobs are really bad here. Too many plants are closing.

Well, everyone have a nice weekend!!!
debalina is offline   Reply With Quote