Old 08-09-2007, 05:44 PM   #181  

Height: 5'2"

*Hi Nanette - regarding the green plan it is the same as gold except you lose one vegetable and one fruit. Way to go on your recent weight loss.
*Nicole - I keep forgetting to tell you how adorable your children are. You should submit the picture of your youngest as the "keeper of the cataloupe" to one of the magazines that publishes cute pictures of young children.
*Angie and Nicole and anyone else currently on or going on the new "numbered" plans - my advice is to use a variety of starches and not rely heavily on just the bread category. Try to incorporate starchy vegetables into your daily plan. This is my personal belief. We were so used to rationing our few starches that all we think of is bread, muffins, pitas, etc. I think that people who are using at least one starchy vegetable a day are losing at a faster rate than those who are not.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:48 PM   #182  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

awwwwwwwwww, thanks, Lynn
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #183  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Dan - if you check in (we know you will!!)...look at the 100% Proud thread...it's in your honor!!

I'm going to bed.....if not, I think I'll start eating and I'm not even hungry...just bored....nothing on TV (and we get like 800 stations) appeals to me tonight. I played a couple games of scrabble...so much fun! I mowed the grass when the sun went down a bit..I think it was still 95 degrees, but it really didn't feel that bad. Only when I came in did I realize my clothes were sopping wet...gross....I rarely sweat like that. Hope I lost a couple ounces....(oh, I'm scale obsessed and have to pass on the no scale challenge).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #184  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Just wanted to stop by and give you all a quick hello. I hope to get back to regular posting when I return from vacation. I've been lurking and reading that most everyone is going to the new program. I will be off hold on Aug 20th and can't wait to see if my COD is changing. It sounds like it is working for most.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #185  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi gang..

We're back and in one piece from our trip to Denver..

The concert was AMAZING.. The pure power, majesty, brilliance, and overall sheer talent of Rush has never been so obvious.. Redrocks is an incredible place to see a concert, however, the parking and subsequent long-a$$ walk to the ampetheatre was long.. But at least we got our exercise.

As for our diet, we were able to get our veggies and fruits in without too much trouble and I didn't even overindulge in the "liquid" starches!! Overall, we did eat too much as far as starches go, and as always seems to happen when we travel, regularity was fleeting (no pun intended for those of you who got it)... So at this point, I won't be getting any accurate scale readings for a couple of days until my system flushes itself... *sigh*

Anyway.. That's it for now.. The music is still fresh in my ears... There was a guy at the show who had a sign that read "If I loved women as much as I love this band, I'd still be married"... I laughed a long time at that... Good think Liz is as understanding as she is, and recognizes the beauty that is the music of Rush... Makes me jealous of all you Canadians....
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #186  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Dan I'm so jealous! I was invited to camp out with my favourite three bands in the Columbia River Gorge for the Download Festival at the end of this month but just had to cancel my arrangements due to financial constrictions. It's a lot like Red Rocks - being the ultimate to see your fav acts!

While that is a disappointment, all is not lost. I still have the week of vacation on the books for all jobs and am making plans. I'm heading to my little hideaway in Rosarito, Mexico. I haven't been there since this time last year. There will be much imbibing on liquid starches (of the hard variety) with the neighbors. Since I haven't been there for a year, they have been stocking up and waiting for my return. Every time I promise myself and them that I'll be back in a month but I get caught up in work when I return. I miss the fun friendly neighbors and the quiet mornings staring at the ocean (hungover) with a cup of coffee, the dog, no cell phone, computer or other distractions. I'm in a debate with myself over the trip down there this time though. Mini-Me isn't particularly interested in going. She gets bored without the above mentioned distractions. I understand because when my Dad retired to Hawaii when I was younger, it was the most boring place on earth to me. I hate taking a vacation without Mini-Me but at the same time, am longing for some time off from such responsibility. I've been a Mom since I was 17 and taking care of my parents and siblings before that. While at times I think it's my turn and I deserve a break, I keep thinking of the fun things Mini-Me and I could do together. She can help me finish the fountain on the patio and we could head to the Titanic Museum at Fox Studios... blah. I might still bribe my friends to take Mini-Me for the week and head down there by myself. I've never been good with plans so we'll see how it pans out.

In the meantime, and I think I've shared this before... here's the view my hideout (and one day retirement home):

I think I'm going to add a ticker counting down to my vacation
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:48 AM   #187  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning All

Just wanted to check in briefly before my very busy day starts. There is lots to do getting ready for a party we are having for my nephew and his fiance tomorrow evening. We rcvd our last RSVP yesterday and EVERYONE is coming, about 50 folks. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully WI will go good this am so that I can enjoy myself more tomorrow without the guilt

Lynn- I like your idea about the starchy veggies. I may try that to see if it helps boost my losses.

Carrie - Have a wonderful, relaxing, vacation!

Joni - Don't you just hate those evenings when there is absolutely nothing that holds your interest? Like you I tend to munch

Dan - Welcome Back! Glad to hear that you and Liz had such a wonderful time.

Liza - Your hide away sounds and looks wonderful. GIve yourself persmission to go and enjoy. You deserve it! Mini Me may not be interested now but give it a few years and she will be jumping at the chance for a week alone with you!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 AM   #188  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning all... Seems like I just went to bed.. *yawn*

Had to get up early to get some work done before I spend the day stripping the floor down at our State Fair building.. fun fun fun...

Liza, the getaway sounds like the perfect place. While I'm not as anamored by the ocean as I am with the mountains, I still wouldn't pass it up for anything... It's hard, when you're a teen, dealing with that kind of situation when you're cut off from the world, but I agree - give it a few years and she'll be dying to go.

Ok... I need to get back into full time diet mode.. I'm thinking an honest to God TO is in order here.. My last couple attempts at doing it failed, as I never really got into the swing of things.. We have a pretty boring weekend planned, so this may be the time.. Think I may try to track down some Knudsen's juice and try it that way...

Anyway.. I'll talk to y'all later.. Have a POP day!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #189  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

I know there are posts on several different threads about the "new" plan and the "old" plan and who likes what better. I don't even know what plan I'm on!!! I signed up on 7/25 in Maryville, TN and after TO got the LA Express Menu Plan Kit (skinny white book with limited food choices) and a monthly diary that's white and purple. On the front it says "daily menu plan 2". I get 2 1/2 proteins, 2 fruits, 3 veggies, 3 starches, 2 dairy and 2 fats per day. Is this a new plan, old plan or some other unheard of plan?

I gather from all I've read that this is the plan appropriate for my current weight and that when I hit a certain milestone, I'll go to a different plan. Is that right? I figure I have a ways to go before that happens, but am just trying to anticipate how this is gonna go so I don't get surprised later.
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Heather!!!!! I cant answer your questions about plans because I'm on stabilization. But if its a number instead of a color, its a new plan.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 AM   #191  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! I've just been lurking this week, but I'm still going strong Today is my birthday, so a friend is taking me for a manicure at 10, then DH and DD are taking me out for dinner later...unfortunately, I have to work in between I took my DD to the mall last night and she wanted to go into the Hallmark store. When we went inside she said "Mommy, I want to get you a birthday card"...I almost cried...children are such a blessing!

I don't have too much time for personals, but Liza...go to Mexico and have a drink for me! You deserve some time for personal reflection. Maybe you and DD can just do something special before you leave and again when you get home. And DO NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT GOING!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #192  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Heather the Plan 2 that you are on is one of the new numbered ones. Your menu will be expanded after the first 4 weeks (from what I have read). Previous to the new numbered plans you would have been on a gold plan with less food. They changed the food portions when they went to numbered plans.

Good Luck!
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #193  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Dear Tina! Hope you have a wonderful fun filled day. Enjoy yourself during that manicure. I think we all need to pamper ourselves once in a while.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #194  
Bring sexy back

Liza- that view is fantastic. It's funny because at this point I would hope to go alone...without kids. I am up to my ears in diapers, boogers, and drool.

I'm having a much harder time with the plan this time around. I am just perfect during the day, but at supper time I have absolutely no energy to cook and no desire to eat meat. Also, that is baby meltdown time. At supper time yesterday I had DDPSSFVVVV left. Too much! I ended up and made "breakfast supper" and probably had an equivalent amount of calories to that but didn't get it in those specific categories. Still, I have lost 4 lbs and I am going to try try to trudge along instead of giving up. I figure at least I am calorie counting that way. I really want to get below 200...maybe that will motivate me.

Tina- I got the "you're the best mom everrrrr" yesterday at lunch. They are really sweet.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:51 AM   #195  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Nanette -- Congratulations on your loss! Good luck on making it to goal!

Nicole and Katy66 -- I'm up for a no sclae challenge. I just need to weigh in on Mondays for our Chick's challenge.

Lynn -- Yes, I think you're right about the starches. One of the first things I thought was "i can eat cereal again" when I was limited to 2 starches there was NO WAY I would 'waste' one on cereal. Likewise, I never use anything other than cheese or yogurt for dairy...now with 2 per day I'm looking forward to a glass of skim milk sometimes.

Joni -- Where did you settle on for your scrabble games?

Dan -- Welcome back, sounds like you had a blast. Did I ever tell you that I met Geddy Lee on my 30th birthday?

Liza -- Looks like a great place! Is it a hotel/resort or a private place you've found?

Heather in TN -- You're on the new plan, the numbered plans. Formerly the plans were identified by colour.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote