Old 08-07-2007, 02:43 AM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Well I have gained and lost about 1000 pounds over the past 20 years (sigh) but this time I genuinely had an aha moment. I was sitting in my car in a shopping center talking on my cell phone to my mom. It was raining outside and my car faced the disabled parking spaces when I saw a wheelchair ramp in a van jam on the way down. Much to my horror, the woman in the wheelchair pitched forward (her chair was secured to the ramp) and fell about 4 feet to the ground and landed face first on the ground.

I ran over to her and the van driver was on the cell phone dialing '911' but she was lying there in a lot of pain and couldn't breathe. I am trained in first aid, but did not want to attempt to move her and compromise her back or neck (where she was complaining of severe pain). I got her a blanket from the van to shield her from the rain and keep her from going into shock waited with her until the parametics and fire rescue arrived.

I was literally shaking as I walked back to my car, realizing that would be ME if I didn't do something about this 100 pounds I have to lose. She was a lot younger than I am, and weighed probably about 400 pounds. The image of that poor woman is still in my brain and I made an appointmentn at the nearest LAWL center the next day.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #17  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

I"m not really sure that I had a true aha moment. I turned 40 this year, Battled Breast Cancer Last year and had just sunk into the excuse of well I"m 40, I'm suppose to be this big and will keep getting bigger as the years come. I also used the excuse of I need to concentrate on recovering from my treatment and I can't worry about diet and exercise right now. If I get bigger, I just get bigger. Other people are and are happy, I can be one of those people.

I have tried just about all the diet pills known to man and THEY DON'T WORK. Resolving after trying them each time never to by another one. I was constantly looking at women of all sizes wondering if they were happy with their weight and the way they looked and wondering why I couldn't be happy with the way I looked at my weight. They seemed to be.

Then I heard a commercial for LAWL and they were running a special for $149 for 6 weeks. I knew I had blown that and them some on diet pills and Dr Visits, and I had heard that LAWL worked. I went in for a consultation only to be told it would really cost me $343.00 after they added on the scales, bars, etc. I walked out. To me that was false advertisting. It was the principal of it. But it kept nagging at me. I wanted to change. I wanted to learn the right way to eat and to make myself healthier. I asked myself was it worth $343.00 for me to lose 20 lbs? THe answer was yes and as they say, the rest is history. It has totally been worth the money that I have spent on the program.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote