Old 07-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #16  

Height: 5'9"

I have found that the Lunas travel better than LA Lites and I do substitute them once in awhile. My favorites are the Carmel Brownie and the Peanut Butter Cookie.. I also like the Strawberry Yogurt and Blueberry Yogurt kinds...Suzette
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #17  
Stephsjourney

S/C/G: 195/191/149

Height: 5'4

Default Is everyone still losing weight with Luna bars?

I was just wondering this, as I do the plan without the lites as well. It would surely help me if I could add those Luna bars. I am currently on the red plan with no lites. I have only been doing this for a couple of weeks, and I have made a big deal about not being able to afford the bars. I am kind of nervous about telling them that I would like to try the Luna bars. You know they are all salespeople and they want to sell THEIR products! Are they used to people making substitutions? I could use some insight....please!
stephsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:05 PM   #18  
Kris

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/180

Height: 5'8"

I hope you have better luck if you choose to talk to your COD about a substitute. My doctor just took me off lites (after 6 months) due to soy intolerance. The counselor was irritated because she would have to email the dietician to modify my plan. And when I asked about substituting, the counselor gave me the lecture that I would not be following program because there are no approved substitutes for the LA Lites. She was completely offended that I would even ask such a question.

I think there are alot of people here that substitute the Luna bars but they write Lites in their diaries - just to avoid the hassels.

Good Luck!!
Kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:43 PM   #19  
Marleymom

S/C/G: 176/156/120

Height: 5'1"

Yep, that's what I do- I use LUNA Bars and write in Lites in my diary. BUT, there are days I only have one bar and some days none (I am on Gold with 2 lites), what can I add in their place? My COD won't tell me. They just keep saying you MUST eat TWO lites a day or NONE! Some days I just don't need two bars, and some days I don't need any! Does anyone know what you can exchange for a bar?
Marleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 168/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm on the Gold plan too. A counselor at my center told me that if I don't eat the lites then I need to add 2 oz. of protein. So if I skipped two bars I'd add 2 oz. to each serving of protein. I hope this helps!

Last edited by curiousone; 07-30-2007 at 09:17 AM.
curiousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 PM   #21  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

I have to tell you I only have 3 more paid boxes of lites so I have been experiementing with the different flavors of the Luna bars, I just had the Luna Sunrise this morning Vanilla Almond you have to try this flavor AWESOME!!!!!!
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:09 AM   #22  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

I have tried the Luna Bars since reading all the positive posts and they are good. My comment is to watch the calories on them though. They make several different kinds and the calories can jump up to 240 on some of the nutrition bars so you want to read the labels.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote