Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #76  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Tammie - the 2 slices of lt bread = 1 starch was written in a "Gold2" plan issued by Deb's corporate center (I think it was Deb that shared the plan). I'm with LeaAnn - if it's to my benefit, I do it!

AJ - you are a great furkid mom! A friend of mine has a mutt dog (her baby for the last 7 or 8 years) who did what yours did (chewing door frames, kennel, etc., to the point of bleeding. In the end she took her furkid to the University Vet School and she basically got dog therapy for Cheyenne and it has worked (okay, therapy, some meds, and lots of work on the owners part). Another neighbor used to have to raise all their window blinds, because their pup would chew at the window blinds in an attempt to leave (I guess). I wonder what goes through a dog's mind during those times???

Barb - I hear you on the sad, but I guess it's better for him. I love shar peis!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:05 PM   #77  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Wow AJ...we are neighbors! I go to the Brentwood COD, do you? I work in Maryland Farms, maybe we can hook up for lunch or coffee one morning.

Nicole - Glad you are back safe and sound. Next time consult with me before you invite her back for a "project". LOL Her "Ash" story is too much, I would not have been able to keep quiet on that one.

My bunny is afraind of T-Storms...he thumps his tail really loud...it's so sad.

Tammie- I live in Franklin, TN!! Small world.

Letisha - Good to see you again!

Lea Ann - Your girls sound like they are having the time of their life! Hope you are taking some time for you.

Dan - Sounds like you had a happy Father's day! I love amusement parks.

Wendy - I love Disneyworld...Tell Mickey I said "hi"!

I am happy to report a big NSV... my boss and another co-worker both asked if I was losing weight! Both on separate occasions....gotta love it! Made drinking my slimdown for lunch much easier
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #78  

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! Went for WI today and was down 3 lbs. since Fri. Wow! Can't believe it! Made my 30 lb goal with 2 weeks to spare before we go on our trip. Maybe I can lose another 4 or 5 before we leave. YAY!
BobbySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:10 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

My dog is sneaking up on 12, which is pretty ancient for Shar Pei's, but I love him to death and am babying him into a long life. If I could only get him to stop chewing on himself! But apparently he thinks he is delicious! We don't get thunder very often here in Oregon, so it isn't such a problem. Fireworks are also scary for a lot of dogs and they are going to start selling them here soon.

Joni, your boxers are just beautiful!

AJ, how awful that your dog broke his teeth like that. My dog did some trash diving when we were gone one day and cut his tongue on a can and bled something awful (had to go to the vet and get stitches in his tongue).
It looked like there was a murder in our family room, so I can imagine how bad it could be. That carpet is never going to be the same.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #80  
Debbie on LAWL

Oh my gosh...you guys are breaking my heart! Poor puppies
Old 06-18-2007, 09:13 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow BobbySam, 30 pounds is awesome! 3 pounds when you are already down 27 pounds is really great too.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #82  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yahoooo Bobbysam!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #83  
Debbie on LAWL

CONGRATULATIONS BobbySam
Old 06-18-2007, 09:51 PM   #84  

Height: 5'2"

Letisha - LOL! I'm far from a teenager, but thanks!! And, unfortunately, I do NOT feel like one. But, I must admit that I do feel so much better since LAWL. In fact, last summer sucked because I had all kinds of weird health problems...ER visits, CAT scans, MRI's, etc. They never could figure out what was wrong with me, and thankfully I slowly got better. Hopefully having this weight off will keep whatever it was from coming back.

Debbie - I'll definitely tell Mickey you said, "Hi!" This will be my 5th visit to Disney (the 4th in my adult life), so he and I are great buds. And, my awesome DH even took me there for our honeymoon. Ironically enough, our 10 year anniversary is this Thursday, so I guess you can say this is sort of a 2nd honeymoon...albeit with 2 kids and the in-laws!! Thankfully, I don't have an EMIL like so many others on here.

Nicole - Glad you survived EMIL and can come back and play with us.

Okay, I know I missed many others. Hello to Lea Ann, Felicia, WendyII, Dan, Kim, Tina, Carrie, Norissa, Cassi and Kristen (WE MISS YOU!!), Joni, and everyone else I missed. Have a great night!! Gonna go have my last fruit of the day.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 AM   #85  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all
I have been a flower planting fool lately. Today I moved some rocks around to make room for a new garden bed and dug some holes to plant some grape vines. If I didn't get my exercise in today, I would be surprised.

Britt- Good to see you! Congrats on graduating and getting the teaching job. Kindergarten, how fun!!

Tina- Cute new avatar and great NSV!!

Nicole- Glad that EMIL is gone and you can come out to play.

Bobbysam- WTG on the 30 lbs.!!!

Debbie- Yay on the NSV!! You are doing great!!

Norissa- I hope your day got better!

Val- I love that picture. Too cute!!

Tammie- Welcome

Our dogs are fine with thunder and fireworks. They are hunting dogs, so they get aclimated to that noise early on. The puppy was just funny as heck though during her first thunder and lightning storm. She couldn't figure out where the noise or the lightning was coming from so she just started barking at it. Then she saw a plastic bag stuck to a weed blowing in the wind in the back yard and just went crazy, she stalked it and started barking at it and running circles around it. When the thunder boomed, she ran away from it. Finally after about 10 minutes of trying to attack the bag, she got the courage to just grab it. She pounced on it, grabbed it, shook it around for a bit and then brought it to me. She must have thought she conquered the thunder, because after that she hasn't barked at the thunder since. She is a pretty strange hound dog. I just wish I would have had a camcorder to record it because we were laughing our heads off watching her.

Gotta go take a hot shower and head for bed. My back is definitely feeling all the digging I have done tonight. Night all!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #86  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all!

Deb- Cute story about your pup. What would we do without our dogs, huh? Hope your back feels better today!

Wendy- Your trip sounds great! We honeymooned at Disneyland in CA. And just celebrated our 10 year anni. We must be twins!

Joni- We are leaving Sunday morning and coming back Monday night. A quick trip, but that is all the time we could manage right now.

Nicole- I have been saving an EMIL story for you. Last week my SIL calls, who still lives with EMIL, and like a fool, I answer the phone. She asks if Mykah, my 7 year old is home, says she hasn't talked to him forever. I am thinking, how nice, she probably wants to ask him about the last day of school or something. So I get my son on the phone. Well, SIL hands the phone off to DH's stepfather's grandaughter, who is staying with them from Vegas for a few weeks. She is 9. So she says, "Mykah, remember last time I was here and we went camping with Grandma? That was so fun, and we are going to go again and ride 4 wheelers, and I really want you to come. Can you go?" My sweet little boy says, "No, I can't go. Bye." and hangs up. Then he looks at me with this sad, sad, face and says, "Mom, can I just go lay on the couch for a while. That made me really sad." I was furious. For those of you who do not know, my DH will not allow his mom and stepfather to be around our kids because EMIL has a venomous tounge. She takes every chance to bad mouth me, my family, and DH's dad (they are divorced) to my children. She also throws the F word around constantly regardless of who is listening and uses one racial slur after another, on top of a zillion other things. Anyway, having this little kid call and invite Mykah to go camping with them was just plain mean. They knew dang well that we would not let them take him anywhere. It was a very manipulative thing to do, and it really hurt my little boy. I was as mad at myself as anyone else, though. I should have know better than to trust my SIL. I will not be stupid enough to think that any of them are just trying to be nice ever again, I will tell you that right now. DH was livid about the whole thing. Unfortunately, any time something like this happens, he just gets a litte more bitter towards his family. He has been trying to get me to pack up the family and move a long ways away from here to get away from them for years. I just can't imagine leaving my family, however. They are our only support system, and my mom and sisters are my best friends. Anyways, that is the latest on EMIL.

I made a really good recipe last night, my family loved it. It is called Pork with Ginger Plum sauce. I will post it in the recipe threads.

Lets have a great, POP day everyone!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:07 AM   #87  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Katie--I really feel for your DS--it's so unfair to put children in such a position. Your MIL sounds like a winner.

We had our grilled chicken-butt last night and if you have never tried it you should! The rack is just a square veggie grill with a tube in the center for your can or wine--whatever you want to use for moisture/flavoring. You just put the whole chicken (butt) over the tube and put it on the grill for about an hour and a half--at 45 min. we put our veggies on (mushrooms, asparagus, and zucchini) --it all turned out perfect--we just used Mrs. Dash as a rub, and EVOO and garlic powder on the veggies. It was great for us since DH prefers dark meat but I never buy it. Those that know me know I don't cook much so this was easy and really quick prep--just put it on the grill and go do something else.

Since I was such a slug yesterday I really need to accomplish something today--now to decide where to start!
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:16 AM   #88  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Katie...........what a bunch of jerks. It is amazing how low some people will stoop, isn't it? I am totally going to have a POP day. I was good yesterday.........and it was really hard. I started FF yesterday, and I had swedish fish, sundae cones, and home made strawberry freezer jam (I am the dumba$$ that made it last week for company) in my house. I almost caved and got the swedish fish out last night after looking at my checkbook, but somehow I managed.

That's when I started thinking about what Joni said from her Dr. Phil book. I always look to munch when I am really feeling like I have no control over my life. I didn't really "do" anything instead of eating last night, but I really do need to make a game plan.........cuz at least once a day, I feel that way.

So anyway, this morning I was standing at my sink, waiting for my coffee to get done, when I realized that I use the term POP way to casually. I am no longer going to say it unless I REALLY mean it. To be POP is huge, and if you are truly measuring and weighing EVERYTHING that you are supposed to, getting in all of your water, consuming your lite salt, and not manipulating ANYTHING in our books.....why then you are truly POP........and then you rarely stall. So, today, I am going to make a very serious effort to be POP, cuz I want to start stabalization with my friends Kristen and Wendy and Megan and Kim #2 (you are starting stab aren't you?) the other ones that I cannot remember their names right now (sorry). We can do this girls and Dan. We do not have to be fatties ANYMORE!!! That is such a liberating thought, isn't it?

Ok, boys are fighting (again).......so I must be off. I will be back
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #89  
Post-Master

Height: 5'7"

oh, and congrats Bobbysam! WHOOHOO!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:27 AM   #90  
Post-Master