Old 06-06-2007, 09:54 AM   #1  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Default LAWL vs. the others

Hi all......is there anyone here that is doing LAWL now that has done Jenny Craig or something of that sort before. If so, what do you like better about LAWL? How do they compare?
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #2  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

Yep, I like that description much better - deleting mine!

Last edited by smjezzy; 06-06-2007 at 10:31 AM.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

LOL - well, I think a lot of us (me) are career dieters.... I like the accountability (actually I hate it, but need it) of going 3x week. Up in the sticky area of the forum there is a thread about the program that was thoughtfully written that might answer the question more.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:06 AM   #4  
Start Date Alli 1-4-08

S/C/G: 262/197.5/150

Height: 5'9"

What I preferred, when investigating plans prior to starting LA, is that I needed to learn what and how much to eat so that I can apply it to the rest of my life. I just couldn't see eating pre-prepared frozen foods for a lifetime and I didn't see how that would teach me how to eat at restaurants, at friends, at Mom's, etc. I seriously considered it though as I have had such a fear of making bad food choices that I really just wanted someone else to do the thinking for me so that I could just eat "safe" food and not think about it. I realized though that I didn't want to just gain it all back as soon as I stopped eating their food so I felt this was really the best plan for me. To each her own though! JMHO

Best of luck!
RaceGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #5  
Val

I previously have done Weight Watchers and Nutrisystem. Although both are good plans, when you have as much to lose as I do, a plan like Nutrisystem does not teach you enough to be successful long term and you quickly get tired of eating pre-packaged foods and long for "real" food. Weight Watchers is also a good program, but as Kim, I need the accountability of weighing in 3 times a week. I found when I was on WW that I would WI on Thursday, slack off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then be good again on Monday. Really not the ideal way to succeed long term.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #6  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

I absolutely HATED NutriSystem...did it for 3 months and ended up selling leftovers on eBay, heh. Every time their commercial comes on, I shout LIARS! at the TV. Yeah, you get to have a hamburger, but they only supply the meat patty, and it doesn't have to be refrigerated??? Uhh...what's wrong with that picture? Sorry, didn't realize I was signing up to live on MRE's until I reached goal.

Bitter? Me? Nahhh....hah!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #7  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I have had friends who have been successful on Jenny Craig and WW, but for me, I finally needed to learn to eat the right way and understand how foods interact in my body. I have just started but I can already see all of the mistakes I would make, even when I thought I was being "good". I knew I couldn't do a pre-packaged plan bc I love to cook, need variety and also can't picture myself going to a friend's house and bringing my own box of food! It just wouldn't last. I like how this diet does not let you save points to have a double cheeseburger. This is everyday for life, this is to actually make the change! Make it the last diet you ever try!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #8  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Well....I had a meeting a LAWL at 11:00 and am really excited about learning the RIGHT way to eat. I officially signed up and will start the two day express tomorrow. The interesting thing was that while I was there, I noticed one of the success stories on the wall was someone that I know. I met her just a few months ago and never would have thought she had a weight problem. I was so surprised to see her before picture that was just a few months before I met her. When I left the LAWL center I called her and told her what a great job she had done. She had never mentioned it to me. Of course she had only great things to say about the program.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote