Old 06-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #1  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Red face Why I decided to lose weight, reloaded

Okay, I have posted this thread before, I know, but I need to do this for myself. Again. I always tell people who are looking for motivation to make a list, and yet, my own list is very old. Many of yours may be as well. Please share with us the reasons that you decided to lose the weight. This thread always helps to motivate me!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #2  
Katie

I used to have a different list, I think. But now, after losing quite a bit, I have gotten comfortable in my skin. I am still fat, but not like before. I have a lot more energy, buy my clothes in the Jrs Dept, and overall, have a lot more confidence in my appearance. This level of comfort is starting to scare me a little, however. I am not working as hard to lose, have gotten lazy about going to the gym, and have lost a lot of will power. It is time for me to take a good hard look at where I have come from, and where I want to be. So, the current reasons that I am going to lose weight:

1- I do not want to be diabetic, and I am on the road to it. I DO NOT want to have to check my blood several times a times a day. I WILL NOT give myself shots of insulin. I REFUSE to damage the organs in my body by letting my blood sugar run wild.

2- I want to wear a size 5 in jeans, size small in tops. I know that it can be done. I am very tiny when I am not overweight. I currently wear a size 10 or 12 in jeans, depending on brand, and a size M in tops. My bottom is much bigger than my top. Like my DH says, I am just a really curvy girl.

3- I want my daycare kids and insanely rude Walmart clerks to stop asking if I am pregnant.

4- I want to motivate others around me. I get so excited when friends and family come to me for WL advice. I just want them to see that it can be done.

5- I want to go back to a certain Dr someday when I am 130 lbs. I want to sit down in his office and remind him of the day a few years ago when I went to see him, depressed and tired of being fat. He told me that there was no good answer to WL, and that I would probably always be fat. I left his office in tears, humiliated and defeated. I went home and gained about 20 more lbs before I finally found LAWL. I want to show him what I have accomplished. I want to explain to him that it can be done, and that no one should ever have to feel the way he made me feel that day.

6- I have a crazy dream of being a motivational speaker for women. In my profession, I see women all day long who are settling for less than the best in every aspect of their lives. I want to be able to stand before women from all walks of life and help them realize their true value and worth. That being said, I need to help myself to stop settling for less than the best in my own life, both in my WL efforts and my career.

7- I have decided once and for all that when I get to goal, I am going to have a TT, even if I have to finance it. I have a very similar tummy to Kim, and no amount of exercise or WL is going to make it go away. I deserve to have the body that I want to have.

8- I want to weigh less than my dogs.

9- I want to have fantastic overall health for as long as possible.

10- I want my children to be healthy eaters and exercisers. I do not want to have to opt out of a walk, bike ride, or game because my body limits me. I chose to have 3 children. They deserve to have a mother who cares enough about them to care about herself.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #3  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Great reminders, Katie! Here are a few of mine:

1. I was thin(ner) once, and I loved the feeling. I want to feel that way again.

2. I also want to have a TT and a breast-lift, but refuse to get either until the rest of me will match, at least somewhat, heh.

3. I want to be able to go to Sturgis with my sweetie and not feel inferior to the skinny chicks wearing thongs on the backs of bikes. (Not that I personally would dress like that...I just don't want to be embarrassed that I COULDN'T do that.)

4. I want people to start noticing me for ME, not for my body-size. On that same note, I don't want my size to be a descriptor when people direct others to come find me.

5. I want to know what it feels like to wear a bikini and not have to cover my stomach up at the same time.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #4  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

hey girls!
Thats a great list you got going up there... mine goes something like this.
1. I want to be able to run up the stairs without feeling my heart is about to jump out of my chest.
2. I want to be able to choose foods wisely and KNOW ... JUST KNOW... what a normal portion size is.
3. I want to wear UK SIZE 10 clothing...
4. I don't want to get ill as a result of my weight
5. I want my husband to be able to lift me up (he does now but I always try to stop him... I know he would love to be able to lift me any time he wants... I really want to give him that)
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Katie......I love your reasons You remind me of me sooo often it is frightening. Thanks for reading my mind and reminding me why I need to do this. XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 11:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280.5/268.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Why I want to lose weight

1) I need to feel good about myself inside and out.

2) I need to have better health that comes along with losing the excess weight.

3) I would like to hear, you have a pretty smile and face, because I do and not just because I am so heavy they feel they have to give me some sort of compliment.

4) Most of all, I want to live to see my daughter accomplish everything I hope she can.
slim&fitby40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:00 PM   #7  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Wow! This is a great thread! DH and I actually sat down and listed our reasons for wanting to lose weight on the night before we started LAWL. Here's my top five:

1. I want to live life at its fullest with my family, enjoying everything we do together. That means I want to live longer to enjoy more - and living healthier will help me with that!

2. I want to be able to buy my clothes wherever I choose.

3. I want to be able to go ANYWHERE without worrying about whether I'll fit into the seats (the theatre) or the rides (the zoo, the park, etc.).

4. I want to be known for who I am - not what I look like. I'm tired of being one of the biggest people I know.

5. I want to feel comfortable onstage again. I used to be so at home singing or speaking in front of an audience. It was a huge part of my life. Now I worry more about how I look than what I sound like or what I'm saying.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #8  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I had all kinds of valid reasons the first time this thread was introduced but really it all boils down to the one really important reason.

1. I want to lose this weight is to feel proud of myself again. To feel good about me.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #9  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

1. I want to buy totally cute/sexy clothes...not tents
  2. I want to model good eating habits for my DS and DSD
  3. I want to feel as confident as possible, and losing a tremendous amount of weight would be such a big accomplishment that even if I'm never a size 5, I know I'll feel very proud of myself, and confident.
  4. I hate being the biggest woman in the room
  5. I never want anyone to ask me if I'm pregnant again either Katie!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #10  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Ok, I really had to think about it.

1. I never want to be the BIG and BITTER girl ever again
  2. Conquering years of disordered eating habits
  3. To every so often come off as skinny and aloof sales girl
  4. To be able to blade that marathon next year
  5. Not to be dependent on caffiene and sugar to fuel my body
  6. TO BE HEALTHY!

I mean I know I'll never be a size 2 or wear a size small shirt. Frankly I sort of like my curves and would like to keep them.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:13 PM   #11  
Katie

[QUOTE=marzbe;1719318]Ok, I really had to think about it.

[LIST=1][*]I never want to be the BIG and BITTER girl ever again

That is where I am at too. I have some friends who are very overweight, and they do not care in the least. It is not a factor that keeps them from trying new things, dancing their wild heads off in the clubs, or walking up to strangers and making new friends out of them. Those two girls are my heroes. They refuse to let weight rule their lives, they are too busy out living life and having fun to worry about it. I was never that way though. In fact, I sometimes still get so self conscious about my weight that I make myself crazy. Ah, no wonder that they say losing weight is such a mental battle.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 127/127/115

Height: 5'0"

5. To feel comfortable in my clothes again.
4. To be able to make love to my husband with the lights ON.
3. To take control of my life.
2. To look in the mirror and smile at my reflection.
1. To be a good example for my kids and nieces of a healthy active person.
love4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

I want to loss this weight because...

1. To like what I see in the mirror ( I avoid mirrors at all costs)

2. good example to my kids

3. fit into the clothes I wore before I had kids

4. to be tone and fit

5. To make myself a priority again

6. Not only for myself and for my family but for my mom who would want me to be healthy and happy as I used to be.

7. to not feel like everyone is looking at me ( I am sure its more in my head then anything though)

8. for the self confidence I used to have

9. so I don't feel gross around my dh ( though he loves me reguardless)
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #14  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

For me I started this b/c:

1. I want to be healthier. I want the BP medication gone or at least reduced.

2. I want to feel happy with me again and achieve a goal I have set for myself for me.
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #15  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Right now - my main motivation is my 10 year old daughter - I know I do need to do this for myself, and believe me I am, but I also want to be a good role model for her. She had started some bad eating habits - and is a bit on the "chubby" side. She is about 5'1 and weighs almost 120 - yes she is only 10 and is about ready to pass up her momma in height - Recently, she has said that she NEEDS to weigh 90 lbs, I am not sure if someone has said something to her at school or not,but right there and then I decided that we, as a family need to have better control. I have been really focusing with her that she can eat whatever she wants, but we have to be aware of serving sizes (she's the kid who will eat a bag of chips at a sitting) and that we need to eat out of all the food groups - like if you have chips or crackers and you are still hungry - maybe grab fruit or veggies instead of more chips -- its all about moderation !

Sorry about going off on a tangent there - but my main focus is just being healthy and right now at the height and weight I am - I am not !
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote