Old 06-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/217/150

Default Lawl east coast corporate = pure weight loss

My lawl center in FL just officially reopened officially as a Pure Weight Loss center. According to the center manager all East Coast LAWL centers that are corporate will be PWL. It is "a sister corporation" to LAWL.

It was discouraging for me to walk into with all new people, carpet, decorations, etc. and have them kind of scrambling to figure out what to do with me - a former LAWL customer at that center. I really miss my old counselors who probably quit when LAWL was going our of business 2 months ago. I am grateful that they reopened as PWL rather than losing the center completely.

Program seems very similar. A little more concerned about the medical side. Took my blood pressure, asked about my last BM.

I am sticking with this not letting new counselors get me discouraged. I have lost 40 lbs since Dec 1, 2006. About 60 more to go.
agoodddeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #17  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

I've been meaning to post something about this...I subscribe to the laathome website, and they have this in fine print on the log-in page...
"This site specially designed for clients on the L A Weight Loss, Pure Weight Loss, and Family Weight Loss plans."
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #18  
LAWL Salt Police

Hmmm... It gets me wondering if this new name will somehow end up here in NM, to replace all the COD's that closed here...

Are they completely honoring your old contract?

That sucks about all the old counselors leaving, but maybe you and some of the other old LAWL clients can whip them up to speed!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #19  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

I mentioned it to the counsellor that I like at my COD and he actually looked into it. This is what he told me in a nut shell. For instance in Florida, several CODs were sold by corporate LAWL to a franchise. The franchise basically ran them into the ground so badly that corporate decided to buy them back but change the name to Family Weight Loss until they could get them back on track and, I guess, earn back the LAWL name.
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #20  

I live in south florida and joined LAWL Monday. It is named LAWL. Monday I got right in. Tuesday there were several people waiting and the were saying that both the girls working there were new. I gained 2 lbs. This is my first diet, but I plan on sticking to it.
NannyofACRACD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #21  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyofACRACD View Post
I live in south florida and joined LAWL Monday. It is named LAWL. Monday I got right in. Tuesday there were several people waiting and the were saying that both the girls working there were new. I gained 2 lbs. This is my first diet, but I plan on sticking to it.
Well welcome to LAWL and welcome to 3FC!! If you have any questions fell free to ask them here. I'm pretty new, too. And if your COD (center of doom) is LAWL then it's probably a corporate center and that's probably a good thing. All I can say is keep your eye on the prize and you'll do fine! And it doesn't hurt to remember how much you paid either!!l

Good Luck!!
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:43 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Nanny - I'm in S. FL too. What COD do you go to? Feel free to ask any of us any questions you have. It can be a little tricky at first, but you'll soon get the hang of it!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 257/217/150

Default LAWL = Pure Weight Loss

Apparently this franchise owner had 7 franchises in Central FL. I know mine is now Pure I assume the other 6 are. So far they are honoring my contract. I think there is no way they will give me a refund when that time comes. To be honest, I am not that concerned, when I make goal and maintain that will be worth all the money in the world to me.
-Deede
agoodddeed is offline   Reply With Quote