Old 02-16-2007, 08:59 PM   #751  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Libby -- When you click on your own ticker, and go to the site, right above your ticker there are three small rectangular boxes. You need to click on the third one, which says "create a new ticker", and things should go smoothly from there.

Jillian -- You're doing really well. I can't believe how great you are at resisting the tasty treats at your work. I would talk to your COD and tell them you were hoping to see better losses, and see what they can suggest. Even if they are not familiar with vegetarian plans, they should contact their head office and find out the answers you need. Also, have you tried entering what you eat in fitday to see how many calories it will work out to be? Maybe that will give you an idea of where to save a few calories with different choices?

Joni -- Have a great vacation! Are you going somewhere tropical?

Michael -- If I haven't said it already, Welcome! Great loss for you! HOly cow, you guys (and WendyII) kill me with your fast losses. I'm totally jealous, but still very happy for you.

Rhonda -- Thanks for the good wishes on our baby quest. I had a trigger shot today to release my eggs (I have three!) so now it's just a matter of doing the deed and fertilizing them. Did you end up swimming today? The bathing suits sound like a great reminder of your goals. Maybe you can pin them up in your bedroom or something. I'd stick with one in each size to play it safe. If you lose more, I'm sure the slightly bigger one would still look fine on. I hope you found time for a nap today.

Liz -- Have a great weekend get-a-way!

Alannah -- Good for you! 1.8 is a super start.

Cassi -- Ouch! I hope your root canal went as smoothly as it could. Hey, do you have a special diet after that? I had one years ago, but I can't remember.

Pearl -- I'm sure your new whirlwind lifestyle is going to help with melting off the pounds. You sound so busy all the time! I hope you can still find time to pamper yourself a little in all that you do for others.

Kristen -- Wow, you are sooo close to 50lbs! You're doing so great.

Kim2 -- You too! Can't wait for your 50lb post!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 PM   #752  

Tonight on 20/20 they are going to talk about LAWL among other things. Just thought I would share the info.
BabySteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #753  
LAWL since October, 2006

Angie, You're welcome. Does the fact that you have 3 eggs mean that you could potentially end up with triplets? I bet DH is happy to accomodate the whole fertilization process.....lol.

I didn't end up going swimming today. I was all ready, and then my oldest son panicked, and told me he couldn't go swimming because tonight is a big game for him at hockey, and coach says no swimming on days of big games because it tires them out too much...okkkaaaaayyy...LOL
DH just rolled his eyes and shook his head when I said that I shaved my legs for nothin...LOL

I am sooo jealous of these quick losers!! (mind you, I'm sure they work hard for it, but STILL.....!!) Kristen, I am horrified when I realize that I started just 1/2 month after you, and I am soooo far behind you! You must be working hard.

Well gotta run - I have to leave for DS's game.... (pretty bad when a kid gives you the "5 more minutes till we leave"....he knows I get distracted when I'm on here..lol)
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 10:11 PM   #754  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

thanks angie, i'm going to COD tomorrow morning, so i'm going to ask some questions tomorrow. i've entered some stuff on fitday, but haven't looked at it too much. i know that i used to eat tons of eggbeaters for protein instead of rf peanut butter like i have been as of the start of the plan this time around. and i've been using almonds for fat.
anyways, i'm gonna see if they'll move me to purple plan instead. it's not that much less food. so we'll see.
i'll report back tomorrow on my results. wish me luck.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:40 PM   #755  
Jennifer-LAWL start2/8/07

S/C/G: 200.8/188.2/124

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Sherry for the warm WELCOME! Both of my kids have had the flu so that is why I have not had a chance to get back on here. This is going to be a good site for motivation for me. I had my first WI just a bit ago and I had lost 2 pounds this week. I was a little disappointed because I felt like I had lost more. I chose at this point not to get the Lites because of the budget. Are there any bars that I could buy in stores that come close to being the same as the lites? At least for a little while until I can save some $.
tnvolgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:17 AM   #756  
On LAWL since 1/10/07

S/C/G: 212.8/183/140

Height: 5'8" or 9"

Angie - Thanks for the hint. I've actually tried that but it keeps taking me back to my existing WL ticker. Guess the site just doesn't want me to have 2 WL tickers. Oh well...

Did anybody get to see 20/20 tonight? I saw a promo for it and saw LAWL flash across the screen but forgot to tivo it. I'd love a synopsis if anyone has one.

Must weigh in tomorrow morning. Didn't get to the COS today but did a BNWI and seems I lost that pesky .4 lbs from the Valentines challenge - 2 days too late.

Hope everyone has a fabulous POP weekend. Hubby and I are going to do some more organizing in the garage to make proper room for his new Harley. I swear, I caught him in the garage this afternoon gazing at it adoringly. You can almost hear a chorus of angles coming out of it with a glowing bright light the way he looks at it. I can tell I've been replaced.

WTG everyone on your losses. Kristen and Kim 2, you're gonna be at the 50 lb. mark soooo soon. You guys ROCK!
DenverChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #757  
Lorraine on LAWL

S/C/G: 207/181/160

Height: 5'8"

Hope you all had a Fantastic (POP) Friday!

Cassi: I hope your root canal was successful and you didn't feel a thing!

Michael: 4 pounds is amazing. As some of the others have said, I am so happy for you and a little envious too!

I have my WI tomorrow. Hopefully it goes well. I feel like it will be a good one. Thanks for all the good vibes here!

Have a terrific 3-day weekend (for those of us who are lucky enough to have Monday off!)

You all inpsire me!
KoffeeDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:13 AM   #758  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

yay!! i'm back online... they sent us three modems before one finally made it to our door... sheesh. anyway.. my first week on LAWL was kind of up and down. i was so intent on staying POP .. only to end up with a major let down. my first WI was great at 5.6 lbs down.. then i went to my second WI only to find i was up 2lbs.. i was so disappointed because i was POP... or so i thought. the food scale LAWL gave me wasn't working properly. i told my counsellor that i thought it was way too much food... only to hear "don't worry about it" well.. i should have worried about it... cause it was too much... only my scale was telling me other stories. when i finally figured it out... i tossed that scale and went out and bought a digital one... (not gonna go through that again). so while i was being diligent about being POP.. i actually wasn't. for the last two days though things have been different... i went for another WI this afternoon and am down 0.8... kinda almost feels like starting all over again..
Wrongway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:26 AM   #759  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Rhonda -- Yes, potentially we could fertilize all three, although that's unlikely given our history of trying to conceive. Still, it's a sobering thought. I don't know what the heck we would do...besides declare bankruptcy.

Libby -- Sorry that didn't work for you. I'm not sure why it's doing that to you, both my tickers are from ticker factory. Maybe you can get help from their customer service? I did see 20/20, it was a bit of a slam on LAWL CODs and the high pressure tactics. Pretty rightfully so, they were showing counselors using tactics to make clients cry, prey on their sensitivities, in order to sell more products. They had ex-counselors on there too, and they said they were never trained on how to help people lose weight, only to sell products. They also claimed they are taught the mantra, "if they cry, they buy" lol (sorry, not really funny, I know) I guess I didn't take much offense to the piece because it's not at all reflective of my experience with LAWL. My COD girls are much too laid back to employ high pressure sales.

Michelle -- I'm glad you figured out the scale problem. I'm often suspicious of my freebee one too. Some days it seems way off, and calibrating it is really tough since the little dial doesn't seem to do much. I may invest in a real one too. Still, overall you've had a nice loss in your first week, and you've been sticking to plan, so that will show up soon on the big scale.

I'm off to WI this morning, I'll report back later.

Tnvolgirl -- If I haven't already said it, welcome to you too. What is your first name? I think Luna and Pria are the comparable bars to LA Lites, they were about 40% cheaper than lites at my grocery store.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:42 AM   #760  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Well, I am back at work again. I am a sucker for punishment I know. In for OT but only for 4 hours this morning. We are having a minor heat wave here for a day or two - it is actually only -10C right now and about -15C with the wind. Much better than -30C and I'll take whatever I can get! I hate the bitter cold as I can't get outside at all. We have had this stuff for weeks now with no real break other than a day or two here and there and then it usually storms and gets cold again.

I am doing pretty good. Not POP but close. I still have trouble getting all the food in most days but I will until I move down a plan. I am used to that. I try my best but some days I am a serving ir two short. My friday evening consisted of laundry...whoohoo!! But at least it is done for another week. After work today I have to go and get something for my mom for her birthday. It is not until mid March but she will be away then so I am giving it to her before she leaves for the month.

Well, gots to get ready to start work for the morning. I'll be back later. have a great saturday everybody!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #761  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning All
Have a class at church this am so wanted to say hi first. I watched the 20/20 so thanks for alerting me to it. Basically it was an expose on the fact that they advertise $7 week (or another amount) and people come in and then after the join, and pay up front then all the heavy handed tatics are thrown at them to push the Lites and supplements. I actually researched LAWL on line before I joined and based on what I saw I almost cancelled my appointment. But I knew a girl that had done it and had lost 75+ lbs and she was able to tell me about the Lites etc. I did decided to do them as I was already buying soy/protein bars weekly for my crazy schedule but I do know they pressure a lot of people that don't realize the plan can be done without. I think being on such a big show like that is going to have them under close scrutiny but it is too bad they didn't show anyone that had done well on the plan, or had a good COD or someone like our Evette that has rocked their scale on the all food plan! The good news if any of us have really pushy counsellors trying to force the new supplements on on we can say "hmm I saw something on TV about this...." I think they are also going to have to look at getting more trained staff on board in terms of nutritionist, dieticians or true counsellors. So many of us on this board have said that we find more information here than we can at our own COD. I do have nice ladies at mine but they have all said I know the plan better than they do!
Hopefully the TV show won't scare off people that are just considering signing up but if any newbies are reading this, you can do the plan without and have success. It's all up to you and how you make the plan work for yourself.
This board is full of wonderful heroes of the scale and the tape measure!

Keep it up gang.. I'm hoping to get my 50lbs next week and will see how much I indulge on my Vday supper tonight!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #762  
The hotness! (AKA Kim)

S/C/G: 180/170/125

Height: 5'3"

Was anyone else annoyed by the 20/20 LAWL slam last night? All it told me is that some people are complete dopes with no common sense. You should ALWAYS research what you're getting into beforehand. Anyway, just made me realize how much I like my COD... they actually reccomend cheaper options to me... like Slim Fast instead of their shakes. And as far as "you cry, you buy" we have to remember that this is a business, and the counsellors work on commission, so I'm not going to come down too hard on them... we all need to make a living right?
The best ME I can be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #763  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone,

Well I skipped the COD today. I slept in and when I did get up, I needed to go to the grocery store.

I saw the 20/20 piece last night and I think it was OK the way that they made you aware of somethings that you may not know up front. Everyone should be made aware that the price they advertise does not include the lites, etc. I did the program a few years ago and was shocked when going in after the two day TO and then given the sales pitch. I decided to do it anyway, but this time around I am more annoyed that the counselors don't have a clue. They can't tell you anything to really help you at least at my center.

On another note, I want to let you all know just how much I appreciate this site, it has helped me far beyond a weight loss plan. I have decided after struggling the last 2 1/2 months, that LAWL is not for me this time around and I am going to do Micheal Thurmond's Six Week Body makeover. I know that program works as well as this one if you work it, so I will give it a whirl. I will check in with you all from time to time to let you all know how I am doing.

I wish you all the best on your journey to a healthier life.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #764  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Ulanda you are too dear to us so even if you are on another program will you stop in and say hi and keep us up to date on how you are doing?
You will do a great job in whatever you do so keep the faith!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:49 PM   #765  
Shea- LAWL since 1/30/07

Height: 5'2

Wow, there has been a lot of post in the past week! Too many to catch up on so I'll just say; Hi to all and I hope everyone is doing well

Some of you may have noticed I took my POP ticker off, yep...I cheated.
I just couldn't resist the smell of the chocolate on Valentines Day! I had 6 pieces of those chocolate hearts and went up .2 on the scale the next day.
Good luck to those of you who are POP

20/20...my friend called and woke me up to catch the bit on 20/20 about LAWL. While I do think that they use hard selling tactics I also think it is up to the consumer to be aware and say no to anything they are not comfortable with. But I feel that spin that the show took was a little harsh. By the way, how the heck did the lady GAIN 12lbs? How long did she participate in the program? It sounds to me like she obviously didn't follow the plan!!! You can catch the video on the 20/20 website in the video section.

Welcome all new comers
I can do this is offline   Reply With Quote