Old 01-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #1  

Default I'm baaaaacccck

Hi old friends (and new ones, too)

Some of you may or may not remember me. I am just now recovering from a full tummy tuck on Dec. 21. I have a little more than ten more pounds to go, and am moving full steam ahead to get it off. I am not going to a COD, but am going to do it on my own.

Katie, Boo, Lori, Deets, HeatherPP, other Heather, Julie Marie, and any of my old friends - how the heck are ya? Any of you still around? What's everyone up to?
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello Stiesta...........we have not yet met. It's wonderful you are back.......and please, do tell.......how was the tummy tuck? It must have made your holidays a bit miserable. I was just talking about one in a different thread. I would love to have one.......but I am so uniformed and scared.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:34 PM   #3  

Hi Nicole, nice to meet you, too!

As far as the TT goes, on the whole I'd say it's not been too bad. I stayed at at a plastic surgery recovery spa for three days, and that was absolutely heaven. Coming home was not too bad - DH was there to take care of the kiddos. Christmas day is kind of a fog - me sitting in a chair watching them open presents is about all I can say for the day. Slept through most of it.

The drains are the WORST part of the whole thing. I ended up paging my surgeon new year's eve because one had popped the stitch holding it in and it was sliding out - and very painful. He had me come to his house (as he was in the middle of a new year's eve party) and pulled the drains right there on his couch. So embarrassing for me, but such a great guy to do that. Once the drains came out, I was a new woman.

The only other complication I have had is my incision popped open at about four weeks out (I'm almost six weeks out now). It's pretty gross looking, but a very superficial wound. Dr. says it's just going to take time to heal - one of the potential complications you can have. I'm pretty swollen still, but have no more loosey-goosey skin or stretch marks on my stomach. It's possible that at some point in my life I may wear a bikini (and I never thought I'd say that!)

Anyway, way more about me and the TT than you probably wanted to know, but I feel like I researched this and researched it, and there are just some things you can't know about until you do it (or until you meet someone like me - ready to share the real deal!).
Old 01-25-2007, 04:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Stiesta - So good to see you, and so glad to hear you're doing well! And so timely with the TT story, definitely not TMI! Now we need you to stick around and update that avatar!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #5  
Post-Master

Definitely NOT TMI for me. Thank you. I tease DH all the time that I am going to get one. Now, here's a bit of TMI for you...........I told him if I ever decided to get a TT that he should totally support me on it, cuz it would make me more confindent in bed...and it would probably make me want to "ride top," more often
Old 01-25-2007, 05:14 PM   #6  

why do you think my DH was so willing to pay for one?
Old 01-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #7  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, Christie, how cool! I was just thinking about you a few days ago, remembering that your DH said he would give you a tummy tuck with his Christmas bonus. I was wondering if you ever did it. I am green with envy right now while I suck in my jello-belly. I am so glad to see you! Did you get your house sold?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #8  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiesta View Post
why do you think my DH was so willing to pay for one?
LOL, that is awesome!!!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #9  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

We never met but Hi I am Barb. I am glad that you are here.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Stiesta! Yay! Glad to see you back! I'm on a roll with the exclamation points! Check out my website for the newest goings on in my life! Everybody here is probably getting sick of me talking about it! But I'm a one topic girl lately! Unless we're talking about moobs though!

Okay-I'm done . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #11  
Post-Master

JM......everytime I found out I was getting a baby........and I say 'getting,' because I truly believe all babies are put into families by God, whatever means He uses to get them there are irrelevant..........that was all I could talk about, think about, dream about..............of course, I had not yet heard of moobs....LOL. Don't apologize for your excitement and anxiousness......it's adorable!!!! All expecting mothers are like this
Old 01-25-2007, 06:07 PM   #12  

First off, JM, all I can say is WOW. You are going to make one heck of a mom. That is such a neat story - gave me chills reading all about it. She looks absolutely beautiful. Love the name, too. Congrats!!!

Katie, old friend! Yes, our house FINALLY sold after eight months. We closed on it right before Halloween. Probably the most stress I've ever had, but thank goodness it's gone. The Boston market tanked even further, so it makes me so glad to be rid of it. And, yes, DH ponied up for the TT. He's a good man. He told me that he would do anything if it made me feel beautiful. I so love him!

It's good to be back - I've got to get going and get these last few pounds off. I feel like I paid all this money and I need to look GOOD! Gotta have something to show for this pain! You gals look like you're rocking the WL world - it's inspiring!
Old 01-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

You know we want pictures, right?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:55 PM   #14  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Christie--WOW!!! It is great to see you and hear that things are going great for you in sunny San Diego. I am thrilled for you on the sale of the house--I know how hard that was for you. You are a brave woman for the TT--not sure I could endure it. Yes, we want photos!! You were already so gorgeous--I can't even imagine now--you're gonna kill'em at the beach this summer. Congrats on EVERYTHING wonderful going on with you!

JM--I finally got to see the room--school computers block everything good! It's adorable--she is so so so lucky!! Can't wait to hear the news that you are on your way to get your hands on her.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
You know we want pictures, right?
Soon as the doctor okays me standing up straight, I'll take some afters (I have some before's). I still have to walk hunched over because of the split-open incision - which is a HUGE pain and so embarrassing. I see him on Monday and am hoping he clears me to start standing. I have forgotten what good posture is like.

Boo, good to see you, chickie!