Old 01-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #1  

Default Wanna lose weight while sleeping? Don't snuggle! (warning: silly)

This guy lays out a very scientific approach to losing over a pound a week with no change to eating habits or exercise...while you sleep!

It makes about as much sense as the 'chew ice cubes all day and lose weight' plan...but it made me laugh with the effort he put into it.

http://mb-soft.com/public2/diet007.html

If anyone loses sleep tonight because they were shivering, don't blame me!
casperjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #2  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

That's fascinating! I've skimmed it but want to re-read. Believe it or not, I've heard the idea before, but in nowhere near as much detail. Dr. Ellington Darden, who had already written 30 or so sports-medicine and strength-training books by 1992, wrote just a paragraph about his opinions on it that year in a little book I happen to have, "Two Weeks to a Tighter Tummy". It's such a short excerpt that I believe it is within copywrite law to quote it all here.

Quote:

Your body will burn significantly more calories each night if you sleep slightly cool. I'm convinced most people bury themselves under too many covers when they sleep. This prevents their normal thermostat from kicking in and supplying natural body heat. If you tend to sleep with too many covers, try to eliminate one or two. Try to wean yourself from using an electric blanket and flannel sheets during the winter months and during the summer try only a single sheet on top of you. Soon you'll be burning several hundred more calories each night and forcing your thermostat to work harder. - Ellington Darden, Ph.D., 1992
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #3  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hmm...we keep our apartment at 70 degrees Fahrenheit (if not a few degrees cooler) all year, and I only have a sheet (not flannel) and a comforter (not down) on my bed, AND I sleep with an oscillating fan pointed at me all year long. But I'm still fat Maybe I should try putting some ice cubes under my fitted sheet?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #4  
is there a miracle pill?

S/C/G: 220/220/180

Height: 5'3

I used to tried "cold almost freazing vandages", It was a special liquid that keeps the vandages or clothes cold for almost 1 hour. They worked for a while. I move aboard and I couldn't continue with them. I can not say that I lost weight, only inches.
yanis is offline   Reply With Quote