Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default New here too, in need of motivation and Support!

Well lets see...I suppose that I've always struggled with my weight although looking back on old photos I wouldn't mind being at the weight I was in high school! I can't say I've tried everything because I've never thought that any sort of diet pill or unhealthy fad was a solution. I can tell you I suffer from lack of time, lack of activity and lack of motivation to name a few...not to mention being surrounded by unhealthy choices all the time!

Over the past few years my weight has taken a 45 pound jump (and my numbers weren't great to begin with) and I'm living in fear with a desperate need to reverse this trend before it gets any further out of control. Between balancing a full time job, pursuing a masters degree and an hour and 1/2 commute to and from work the gym has become something that I basically waste money on because I'm always too tired or busy to actually go.

I try to make healthy food choices but those temptations...well...They are everywhere!!!!! They are out for a nosh and drinks after class...they are lunch out or in/the boss is paying...they are the ******* dish of chocolate that is always full that I have to walk past at the office 30 times a day! I work in entertainment as well so there are always shows that I attend....which are almost always paired with drinks/food before the show and an after-party that comes fully catered with extremely delicious
billion calorie items and once again there are those empty-calorie drinks!

In 3 weeks I'll be finished with school which will open up some time in my schedule and leave me with no more excuses. My goal is to get back in the gym and get my socializing calorie consuming self under control! This week so far I have already managed to not eat out at all, make healthier choices, get some crack of dawn yoga in a couple of mornings and avoid that chocolate bowl. I'm ready to make some life changes, I want to be healthier and more active and feel energized.... not to mention it would be nice to look good in my clothes! I just need some encouragement, motivation and support along the way! Help!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:37 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I know exactly what you mean. I'm a workaholic and I'm so tried of always eating out. We're always so busy that someone just runs out and grabs all of us breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We're especially busy at the end of the month so sometimes I eat all my meals at my desk. I'm so tired of loading up on empty calories. I'm ready to change things!

I'm only 26 and I feel like everyone has control of my life but me. The one thing I definitely have control over is my weight and it's time that I started showing that control. I am bigger now than what I've ever been and I'm tired of it.

Why don't we set a mini-goal of losing 10 lbs by the end of the year? This year instead of gaining the 10lbs through the holiday season we can lose it!
jthurman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #3  

I can get on board with that goal! I'm just going to be turning 26 next month too and though I feel that I don't currently have any control over my weight I feel it is one area where I can re-gain some control! Lets keep in touch with progress!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

So how'd this weekend go for you? I didn't do that bad actually. The only thing I left out this weekend was exercise. I'm not used to working out and I don't have enough motivation to keep doing it everyday. Sometimes I think I'll be fat forever!
jthurman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #5  

I actually did pretty good this weekend... I got over my fear and dragged myself back to the gym on Saturday then fought through the aching muscles on Sunday and went back for some cardio. On the other hand i went out for drinks on Saturday night and did a bit of extra snacking on Sunday but nothing crazy.
I weighed in this morning I weighed for the first time since I started making changes about 2 weeks ago and i'm down 5.5 pounds so that was a bit of a motivator!
If I have a snack day it is usually Sunday. What I have been trying to do is cook on Sundays...I make healthy meals that will last me through the week that I can take to work and such....and who can resist a taste here and there while cooking!
I know there is no time to get to the gym during my hectic work week so this morning I got up 1/2 hour earlier and did some early AM power yoga which actually got me really going for the rest of the morning. So far so good today with food...getting in lots of veggies etc. Its easier this week with my boss gone for the holidays...no chocolate laying around!
You can totally do it....if you need a motivation to get out and get moving I'll be your motivator! I've always found it easier to go if I have to be accountable to someone about it!
Happy Monday
Old 11-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/217/140

Height: 5'7"

NESunshine,
I love your profile picture! It cracked me up....
Welcome. I was reading through your comments above and I absolutely agree that being accountable to someone other than yourself is key. If I know I have to answer to someone else, than I am much better about my diet.

Good luck this week and, if you'd like, keep in touch.

Dania
Dania27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #7  

ha ha, ya thats a funny one. Got sent to me at work one day! Keeping in touch sounds great! The more accountable I need to be the better I'll do!
So far Monday has been a success!