Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #1  
Hunnasgirl

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'8"

Default New to 3FC - Need a Weight Loss Buddy

Hello all -

I am new to 3FC but certainly not to dieting. I have been struggling with my weight for a long time and last week, I snapped. I am done with being fat! I decided to "take the Special K Challenge" to jump start my metabolism, got a treadmill, and am trying my best.

I have at least 80 pounds to lose and wanted to find a weight loss buddy because I need the accountability that someone is counting on me to lose weight. After the 2 weeks on the Special K Challenge, I am not going to follow a "plan," instead I am going to make healthy choices and exercise daily.

I need motivation though and have lots to give (to everyone but myself ). If you need a weight loss buddy too, let me know and maybe we can help each other out.

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #2  

Hello! I myself have been looking for a buddy. I have a hard time sticking to things if i dont have someone to help give me advice, so if you have not found anyone yet I would be more then happy to help you keep motivated which in turn will hopefully keep me in check. Let me know what you think.
~K~
Old 10-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #3  

Default hi

i'm new here too, and i just snapped last night ^_^; so i'm trying to find a way to get fit without getting bored too soon, starving myself...or going broke.

i been waiting for months for my friend to be "free" to join the gym with me, but last night i realized she doesnt really care, and to be honest, i dont think i could do it by myself, but now i found this great site! i plan to start the special K challenge tomorrow aswell (have to go shopping) but today i started with basic workouts.

so if you girls are interested i would love to be one of your weight loss buddies
Old 10-30-2006, 10:49 PM   #4  
I don't look back

S/C/G: 235 / 196.2 / 145

Height: 5'4"

Hi there:

I've been searching for buddies too. I've been at the weight loss game for a while now, but always end up getting bored with it and giving up for a few months. I need some extra motivation and I think it's important to have a buddy system. (By the way, I'm also in Maryland. Where are you from?) We can get through this and both of us can and will meet our goals. PM me and we can exchange email addresses if you would like. Here's to continued success.

Last edited by Losingme; 11-01-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Question

Hi I see there a few people looking for buddies, I would be more than glad to have more than one buddy, the more the merrier and encouragement! What do you girls think?:
Old 10-31-2006, 05:35 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I would love to be included as well although you'll all probably be done way before me, since it looks like I've got the most weight to lose. But I am super determined and would to give and get help from others.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 216/216/140

Default I need a buddy...

My name is Sue. I have decided to lose weight because my weight has gottne out of hand. I used to be thin, and then I had my son and didn't change my eating habits back. I am 5'4" and I weigh 220. I am going to a meeting tonight. I have tried weight watchers before, and I ended up quitting. I had no one to support and I started to feel like the small plateaus I was reaching weren't fast enough or good enough. I want someone my age who knows what it is like, and can help me realise that I am able to get to my goal.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:52 AM   #8  

nice to meet you everyone! i just wanted to make clear i dont really care how much weight my buddies (yes i also think the more the merrier) want to get rid of, the way i see it, even when you get there, you still have to be careful to stay there ^_^ and its not a race.

sue, i just saw your post
here
i love vampires too! ^_^ my information is above her post in case anyone is interested
Old 10-31-2006, 01:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/151/135

Hi all - my name is Tammy and I'm from Washington (state) and I'd also love a buddy to help me out. I've recently joined Weight Watchers here at work and am determined this time (after many other tries) to make it work for me. I think support is the key and I haven't really had any the last few times I've tried, so if anyone needs a buddy, please think of me. We can do this!
Old 10-31-2006, 02:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/255/175

Height: 5'9"

Smile Also looking for Weight Loss Support Buddies

Hi All.

I have just started (once again) on my quest to be thin and healthy. I need tons of support and would love to be there for someone else to offer them support. You can never have too many friends, right?

I'm not sure how this all works, but I'm a quick study. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Old 11-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #11  
I don't look back

S/C/G: 235 / 196.2 / 145

Just getting our little support group started, I sent each of you a PM this morning. I hope that everyone is feeling good and making good strong decisions today. :-)
Old 11-01-2006, 03:11 PM   #12  
Annie

x

Last edited by partyofsix; 11-01-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Closed Thread