Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #1  

Arrow No more emotional eating...

Hi... I found this website while looking for some sort of support to help me lose weight. I was doing so good calorie counting and exercising, and then my marriage started to fall apart and I started to do that emotional eating thing I do when I'm stressed, or upset, or... y'know? I need to stop that and get back on track... I really want to lose weight, but I need support. Why is it so hard?
Mych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #2  
something witty

Hi and welcome Mych!

I'm sorry to hear your marriage difficulties.

Yes it is hard to change unhealthy habits. But you can do it! On this site you will find many who have gotten healthy their own unique ways.

Best of luck to you!
linki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #3  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

I did the divorce thing, too... and it is a rotten thing all around, I know. When I found myself doing the emotional eating thing - which I did - I took up crochet. It keeps you concentrating on something other than your hunger, it keeps your hands busy in front of the t.v. rather than dipping into the bag of potato chips, and you get to be creative and spend time in the craft store ogling pretty new projects.

Needless to say, I have crocheted LOTS. MILES AND MILES of crochet. :O

I'm new here, too, and this seems like a great place to get the kind of support we need in all areas of our lives so we can get healthy and happy.

Hang in there...
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:12 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm sorry to hear about the marriage problems. I did the divorce thing 10 years ago and had the opposite result. I literally starved myself until my hair started falling out. And I thought I looked good!!

I am not an emotional eater in the same sense as many people are. I eat when I am content and happy.......this is not a good thing all the time because I am truly happy in my second marriage and we both love to eat, LOL

You can do this!!! Find a hobby you can do with your hands......something that getting food all over it would ruin it! Or better yet, rid the house of all evil foods. This is easier if you don't have children around, didn't work for me because I have 3 junk food addicts here.

You will find plenty of support here. This is truly a wonderful place to visit.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Mych!

Sorry to hear about your marriage problems. I went through the breakup of a long-term relationship a few months ago, so I know how hard it can be. Joining a gym was a big help in making me feel better.

What part of California are you in?
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #6  

Right now I'm in Central Ca. But, I'm moving back down south in Summer... yeah...
Mych is offline   Reply With Quote