Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169

Height: 5

Unhappy Bad day = Eat Lots!

Hey everyone,

So I have had .. well .. I very hard time at life in generally and after being ok for a while .. depression over money, work stress, children stress and stress from stress .. has set in and the pounds are starting to come.

The other night I got a phone bill for $586.. I made a dozen cookies and ate 7 before I even realized what I was doing.

Does anyone have any insight as to how to stop this? I would love to work out when I feel this way but I have three kids that I can't wake up at midnight when all of this hits.

Any ideas? Please .. anything!!!!

Thanks,
Evette

www.evette7.blogspot.com
Old 10-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #2  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

This might be a dumb idea, but when you feel like working out and your kids are asleep, could you just go out into the backyard and walk some laps? Maybe take the baby monitor with you and just walk? Or maybe just walk the hallway or any large enough area inside the house? Surely walking wouldn't wake them up.

Just an idea off the top of my head.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:29 PM   #3  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

I am not sure how far in to this weight loss routine you are, but it would help tremendously if you did NOT keep that stuff in your house. It takes time and thought to put together cookies, to bake them, let them cool, and then eat them.
I realize you have children, (I have a 5 year old who won't touch fruits or veggies to save her life!) but no children will die without the cookies in the house. Your best bet is to keep fresh fruit in the house, if you feel like going to the fridge, grab some grapes, grab an apple, get on 3FC and post, do the dishes, do a load of laundry, try ANYTHING to keep your mind and your body OUT OF THE kitchen! Its all about retraining yourself.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 169

Height: 5

I am at the "ugg" stage of weight loss lol I lost a bunch of weight 2 years ago and in the last couple of months, I have put back on all but 15lbs of it (

I try not to have bad stuff in the house but I do usually have either cookies or cool whip so my kids can have desert. I have been pretty good about everything but the past week has just been hard and I am feeling a HUGE about of pressure... which is resulting in my willpower being lowered. Just sucks.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #5  
Chicken Wings!

S/C/G: 150/140/130

Height: 5'2"

I feel the pressure thing, PMS on top of a divorce (including 0 child support), making sure I dont over draft my bank account every week (and sometimes failing at that!) a VERY stressful, low-paying job, a 5 year old, and diet/excercise on top of it-FORGET IT!
But how about making them eat healthier "deserts?" I dont know how old your kids are, so its hard to say how well they adapt to change, but my daughter doesn't realize that I stopped giving her Whole Milk, or that we don't eat ice cream any more at night, she has appreciated the Rainbow Sherbet that we share every once in a while, and doesn't even realize that mom doesn't make cookies/brownies/breads anymore (Oh how I miss it). You can keep FF whip cream, or maybe find some recipes for healthy cookies/breads/brownies. You can absolutely always find your way around these situations. Have faith in yourself! You CAN do it. No excuses!
Old 10-02-2006, 01:58 PM   #6  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

I agree, keep the cookie ingredients and any other junk food out of the house if you can. If I feel like eating cookies late at night, well that's just too bad because I don't have them. It stops mindless eating or at least reroutes it to something less damaging like fruit.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:48 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Boy I really feel for you and know exactly where you're coming from. For me I finally decided that I MUST come first from now on. After all taking care of myself will be the best gift I can give to my kids. The ONLY way it works for me is to have absolutely NO JUNK in the house. My kids aren't thrilled, but I and they realize this will benefit them as well. I keep lots of veggies in the house and when I need to eat and pig out I steam up some cauliflower and some sugar snap peas. I can eat a pretty large bowl of it and I feel satisfied and it calms me down till the next stress sets in. Also I put on the radio to a good dance station and I just dance for a few good songs and before you know it 20 minutes has passed and I've exercised a bit. HAng in there!
Closed Thread