Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-29-2006, 11:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/248/160

Height: 5' 9"

Lightbulb My first post...

I just thought I'd introduce myself.

Mine is definitely not an original story. I've been overweight most of my life. I've been doing the same things in the same patterns for as long as I can remember. I grew up this way. I've lost weight many times only to regain it all and more. It is time to change. It is time to break the pattern.

Change is difficult. I've never really been one to confide in others. I've always found this type of social support group difficult. But, perhaps that's part of my problem. If I'm going to finally make changes in my life, I now realize that I need to change more than just the foods I eat. I need to be active. I need to stop doing everything on my own and accept support where it is available. That is why I am here.

--pearl--
--pearl-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #2  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Pearl - to 3FC!

From my experience, permanent weight loss doesn't occur when we try and go on short term diets, but when we make long term commitments to change our overall behavior and thinking. At the same time, this doesn't need to be something that happens all at once, but you can change one thing, then another and another without feeling like you have turned your world upside down.

Please feel free to come over and check out the 300+ area. Sometimes it is easier to talk to other people who know what it is like to have that much to lose. The main forum is here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124
Feel free to jump in on the numbered chat threads.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

Hi, and welcome. I agree with Nancy, you have to take one day at a time and set long term goals, something you can live with it. Everyone needs support and this is the place to be. Goood Luck. Lori.
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote