Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #1  

Cool Hello!

Hi everyone! My name is Katie, I'm 21, married and I have a beautiful baby girl

I had my baby 7 months ago, and my pregnancy helped me pack on some extra pounds, but I was already working on gaining weight before that In october of 2004 I weighed 140lbs, and I had just had a breast reduction, and I was so so healthy and happy with myself. Shortly thereafter I started dating the man who is my now husband. When we got an apartment together at the beginning of 2005, I just wasn't sure what to do with my new found food freedom! For the first time in my life I didn't have my mom breathing down my neck, and I could eat whatever I wanted. Added to that, I have this theory that my hubby wants me to be fat. He encourages me to eat, and laze around :/ Anyway, when I got pregnant I had already gained 40 lbs and weighed 180 lbs. So that's my immediate goal, to get back to my pre-preg weight. But long term I'd like to get back to 140. I started seriously counting calories and exercising last week when it dawned on me that I weighed 199.9lbs (how I ignored that for 7 months, I really don't know). Monday was my weigh in day, and after one week I've lost 3 lbs, so I'm currently hovering around 196.9lbs and hoping for another good week this week.

I really just need a place to talk to people that can relate, and maybe have some accountability for my actions. It's also really important to me that I be part of a community that doesn't encourage eating disorders, I have my mother to encourage that kind of behavior
Old 09-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #2  

Old 09-29-2006, 12:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Hi Katie!

I don't know why no one answered your post till now, but now I am.

I'm 23 and a student and I'm trying to lose about 30 pounds.

How old is your baby?
Old 09-30-2006, 12:26 AM   #4  

thanks so much for the welcome

and my daughter is almost 7 months old
Old 09-30-2006, 01:06 AM   #5  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Katie! Best of luck on your journey, I know you can do this! I remember how fun it was to move out for the first time and realize I was the queen of my domain too. lol Made it soooo easy to gain weight, so you definitely aren't alone. Altho' now that I am in my mid-30's I don't have much of an excuse, do I!

There is so much great information and fun groups on this board, I know you will find a niche and a place to call home here very soon.

Many blessings to you!

danielle
Old 10-01-2006, 03:09 AM   #6  

Thanks for the welcome Danielle!
Old 10-01-2006, 07:54 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Katie that is me to a T. Only I'm 42. As soon as I got married, about 20 years ago I started packing on the weight. I was able to eat whatever I wanted and had nobody to tell me differently and my husband was right there next to me and we stocked up our apartment with ice cream and other high calorie stuff. I am just soooo glad you are trying to do something about it now and not wait the 20 years and 3 kids later like I am finally doing. Good luck you can do this.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:49 AM   #8  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Lightbulb

Hi, Katie! Sorry you didn't get an initial response. But don't get discouraged. No one responded to my introduction, either. I found this site about 3 wks ago (or so). Anyway, I'm not sure if you're a WW/ or just what type of nutrition route you are choosing to take; but browse through the "threads/ conversations" that are already in progress, introduce yourself and just jump in. The people here are very encougaging and friendly. I'm a weight watcher.. and the "girls on track" and weekly "weigh in" gals are great. And they are there to lend you an ear. If you're a ww come on over; if you're doing LA Weight loss, go there for support & advice w/ recipes, etc. This is truly a great site. It's just that most people are involved w/ the conversations. Congrats on your start and relax & enjoy your progress..

By the way, my ticker scale indicates my starting weight is 170.. That's just this current journey. In 1999, I topped the scale at 199; stepped on the scale one day as if I didn't know I was overweight and burst into tears at the figure. So I know how you feel; it's like I had my head in the clouds re: my weight. I tried low carbs @ first, and then low fat. I lost the weight but nothing kept me from being hungry as with Weight Watchers. Good luck w/ whatever route you decide. Just stick to it and be blessed!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Katie, and Yes, there are unfortunately times when a post can get "missed" or responses slow. Glad you hung around and I hope you will jump into the threads and become involved. It's a great place for encouragement. Congratulations on your first 3 pounds gone.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hi Katie! I have had the same problem. I'm a 21 y/o nursing student. After I moved out 4 years ago, I started packing on the weight. I use to eat out about twice a day. It really helps to have people to support each other. Also, I will be and RN in about 9 months, so I figure I better get into shape so I can be a better role model when I start my career. Keep in touch and don't give up!
Closed Thread