Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-18-2006, 09:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/138/135

Height: 5'6"

Default New to dieting!

I have gained weight over a year and a half about 20 pounds. I was waiting for it to fall off again well I guess that isn't happening lol! Anyway I am 5'6" and weigh 150 pounds just wondering if anybody else is where I am and if you can give me any ideas how to start.
reo60511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

1. Find a free online journal and put in what you eat. It keeps you educated and gives you a better picture of what you are doing. Measure your foods. Eyeballing is grossly inaccurate. There is an accountability factor of knowing you have to put that food into your journal.

2. There is a myriad of diets here. I suggest you pick something that works with your lifestyle and start there.

3. Do try to make healthier choices. If you are gonna make choices to lose weight, you might as well get healthier in the process.

4. Excercise. Even if it isn't the formal gym kind, find ways to move more.

5. Make a master list of foods (and meals) that you can eat on your chosen diet. You can see variety, make educated choices, and it gives you some control over your shopping.

6. Write down all the obstacles or bad behaviors you currently have. Think of strategies that would help you overcome these. Be realistic. You want success.

7. Drink WATER!

8. Don't get too restrictive with your diet. People don't realize that this is a lifestyle change (if you want it to be succesful). Also don't get too restrictive because your body will start to conserve.

9. Confront what you eat, both good and bad. Be educated. Ask questions. Find support.

10. Have fun! This is a learning experience and it can be a lot of fun if you let it. There will be frustrations, but as long as the scale generally moves downward on most weeks (or inches are removed if you measure that way) then relax and teach yourself how to change those bad habits for better ones.

11. Change One: Change 1-2 habits at a time, when you are getting the hang of it, add a new one. Sometimes trying to do everything at once is overwhelming.

12. Aim for progress, not perfection. Your goal is to constantly strive to do a little better, but know that NOBODY is perfect.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/138/135

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for your help. I will have to just get to work. I have started drinking 72 ounces of water a day and trust me I feel it I think I gained 2 pounds in water weight over the last 3 days. LOL
reo60511 is offline   Reply With Quote