Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-27-2006, 02:56 AM   #1  

Red face 26 year old in Iowa needs buddy! 48 lbs lost....nearly 100 to go!

Hi my name is Carrie, I live in Iowa. I just got married in December and was at my all time highest weight of 317 lbs. I have been overweight all my life, and for some reason I have never been serious to try to lose the weight, until January 3rd of this year. I had not even made it my "resolution" for the new year...the 1st came and went and I still knew I needed to do something, but I had no motivation to do it. I watched a show on January 3rd about a man that weighed 1,000 lbs. Earlier that day I had also watched Dr. Phil, a show about people who had lost a lot of weight. Its like that night a lightbulb went on in my head! From that day on I have totally changed my way of thinking. Before I never read nutrition labels, and I ate what I wanted, when I wanted, and I didnt think twice about it. Now, I know how many calories the foods I eat have, and I have cut out a lot of "bad foods". I am not on any certain diet, I am just cutting down on how much I eat, and how often, and Im eating better foods. I allow myself McDonalds maybe once a month, because I love it so much! But now its a treat for me, and not just my regular meal a couple times a week.

I am currently at 269 lbs. and have been stuck at that for 2 weeks now. Im getting discouraged, and I need some motivation! I need to excercise more and get a little more strict on what I eat. Hoping there is someone out there who is going through something like this! This website is so awesome! I keep looking at before and after photos and I hope someday soon I will have lost enough to post one of my own!

Carrie
carrielucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/

Height: 5feet 2 inches

Hi Carrie
Do not give up you will plataue from time to time that is normal. Look at the foods you are eating and the portion size. A little more exercise will also help.
Trust me we have all been there.
I am starting out on a new eating plan the Gi Diet and have been doing research on it I like what I read so far now I am putting things into action.
I will send you a PM about myself. Hang in there you have done a great job and will continue to lose weight as well you can do it.
Wulfcwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Carrie, welcome to 3FC! You'll find so much support here. Post in a few different areas and find a place where you feel really comfortable.

Wulfcwen, you're sweet. Welcome to you, too!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 08:59 AM   #4  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss you can do it!! Congrats on the 48pds you have already lost!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #5  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Hi Carrie,
Congrats on the weight you have lost so far !
Don´t give up, at the end you will see that it´s a well worthed effort !!
Have you tried writting down what you eat ? It´s a great way to keep track of what you eat, and it makes it easier to change one or two things when we reach a plato, to give the body the "shake" it needs to keep going !

Good Luck !
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #6  
Fearless and Free

Welcome Carrie,

Congrats on your success so far, that's great!!!
Tirzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:17 PM   #7  

Thanks for all of your support! This is my favorite website!!! Im proud of myself today I took a brisk 25 min walk when I got up today, and then this evening I did the same again! I feel like I am ready to kick it into high gear again!
carrielucky is offline   Reply With Quote