Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-17-2006, 02:07 AM   #1  
nightowl

S/C/G: 319/292/250

Default Looking for buddies with similar lifestyle and goals...

Hi there,

This is my first time posting on here and I was hoping to find some buddies that share a similar lifestyle and weightloss goal as myself. Even if you don't share my story, I encourage you to post your own story on here to find buddies that relate to you. Good luck everyone and let's get healthy!

My story:
I am 30 years old, divorced, and have no children. My heaviest weight was 319lbs, currently I'm 293, and my first goal is 250lbs. I have tried many weight loss plans over the years and they all worked, if I could just stick with them! The lowest weight I can remember as an adult was 220 lbs and that was when I was between the ages of 18-21 years old! If I ever reach that weight again I would be ecstatic!!

So, does this story hit home with anyone? If so, I'd love to hear from you. Let's start a buddy thread so we can all support each other. Throughout my years of "dieting" I've learned that it is very motivating to share your struggles and successes with others who can relate to your life. Let's help each other reach our goals.

Any ideas to name of our thread?
nightowl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:19 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!

You've come to a great place for advice & support!!

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I'm 26, not married by choice to a wonderful bf of over 11 years, no children. I'm a yoyo dieter who used to have some eating disordered behavior, whatever I lost I"d gained back + more....now I'm trying to eat healthy. I have 110 lbs to lose to get to my long term goal of 155. I'm doing south beach and I love it. I've been OP for 17 days and I'm amazed at how easy it is! Any beachers out there feel free to pm me I'd like to be buddies.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #4  
SAHM

S/C/G: 229/221/175

Default Dieting in Louisiana

I am a SAHM with four children. I have struggled most of my life with my weight. In 2001, I lost 80 pounds and over the past five years - a divorce, a new marriage and new baby have gained about 50 back. I am very frustrated with myself because I have the know-how but just don't have the will power at this point in time.

I have been most successful with MT - Six week body makeover. The hardest thing for me to do is excercise because I have a 19 month old and a husband that works alot of overtime.

I am excited about finding this website and hope that it gives me the will-power that I need.
neicey1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:39 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to 3FC Nightowl!

You'll love this website. There is so much support and so many wonderful people in here.

I've been overweight all my life, even as a kid. Now I'm considered clinically obese. I've tried many diets out there, and like you, all have worked but I couldn't stick with any of them. I went on a cruise a few months ago and had a very bad experience, got sea sick, also got sort of an anxiety attack while I was there, I had really bad pain on one of my arms. I thought I was going to die there. I was fine, but at the time I was feeling lonely and lost. It was a work trip so having no family around didn't help. It was sort of a wake up call. I realized that my health was too important and that I had to do something.

I had tried Weight Watchers before but never stayed with the plan for too long. I kept the material so I decided to start again. WW is probably the easiest plan for me. It can be a pain to count and measure, but that's just the way it's going to be from now on. I don't go to meetings, I'm doing it on my own, and I got my husband to do it with me. And I also found this website that has become an important part on my weigh loss journey.

Whatever plan you pick make sure it's something you can do for life. I can't live with any plan that doesn't allow me to eat certain things. I love food, any kind! Now I just make better choices, eat lots of veggies, whole grain breads & cereals, lean meats, reduced fat dairy, fruits, etc. I love to cook, so it makes it easy to plan and make healthful foods. And I plan, plan, plan. It seems I'm always thinking about food, and what I'm going to eat next, and what I'm going to cook, etc. But that's what helps me stay OP.

There are a lot of sources for inspiration in here. I'd suggest you go to the maintainers forum and read the posts there. You'll be amazed at what you find! I subscribe to Cooking Light magazine, it's great if you enjoy cooking, they also have a great website. There are plenty of books out there too, the new 3FC one, although I haven't bought it yet. There's Thin for Life, Eating Thin for Life, both are great.

Best of luck to you! You definitely have come to the right place. Keep on going, you're doing this for you, and losing the weight it's going to be the best gift you can give yourself for a million different reasons.
friendlykat4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:46 AM   #6  

Welcome neicey!

I also lost a lot of weight before, like 70 lbs, but I found them all back and they also had new friends with them!

But now I'm working hard at it again, I have a long way to go, but I'm going to get there.

Were you born in 1971??? ME TOO!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:44 AM   #7  

I'm another 1971er!

Since there are quite a few of us starting this journey, maybe we could form a support group and post on that forum. What do you think?
jjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #8  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

I'm 22 and have been overweight for most of my life. I'm married to my wonderful husband (two years this June). I just started last week....again. I've tried em all but never stuck to em. Maybe we could form a "Sticking With It" support group. Just a thought...cause my biggest weakness is NOT sticking to what I know is right for me. My long term goal is to get down to 150 pounds....it'll take a while, but after a successful week last week I'm 3 pounds on my way there. Hopefully I'll get to know yall pretty well soon
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #9  

Hpnotq: Way to go! 3 lbs is great! What plan are you following? Maybe that's what you need, to find a plan that you feel comfortable enough so you can stick with it for the long run.

I'm doing WW and it's working well for me. I can definitely see myself doing this for life, which I realize is what I need to do to lose the weight and keep it off.

JJeanne: That sounds good, how do we do that? Do we just start a new thread under the support forum?
Old 05-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #10  

OK, I like Hynotq's name of "Sticking With It" so I'll start a post inviting others to join us. We can start an official post on Monday.
jjeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:02 PM   #11  

Sounds good to me, just let me know where to go!
Old 05-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 335/324/230

Height: 6'1

Hi, I'm also new. (Well, I've actually lurked on this site for a couple of years, but never signed up until today).

I am a big-time yoyo dieter and have gained and lost so many times, it's ridiculous. About 7 years ago I had my biggest weight loss of 90 pounds (with much support from friends I made on another weight loss board) and thought I had finally lost the weight for good, but, after a very stressful past 3 or 4 years, I have gained nearly all but about 15 lbs of it back. I tried again last summer and lost 35 pounds but gained it back again.

So, I've been back at it for almost a month now and have lost 9.5 pounds and am very motivated right now to keep going and actually making this a lifestyle change instead of just a "diet".

I got married and moved half way across the country 3 years ago and have absolutely no support at home, but I know I need it in order to be successful. So, I would definitely like to buddy up with any others who have large amounts of weight to lose as well.
kaybee1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:28 AM   #13  

Welcome Kaybee!

It seems you have the right idea now, this is a lifestyle change. That's what's helping me out this time. I realize I can never go back to my old habits if I want to keep the weigh off for good.

You'll love this website, there is so much support here, people are wonderful.

I'm doing WW, but there are a lot of different plans out there. Whatever you picked, just make sure it's something you can do for the rest of your life. I'd also recommend you read the maintainers forum, there is so much inspiration there, and tons of information too.

Best of luck to you!