Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #1  

Unhappy I need MAJOR HELP!!!!!

Hello Everyone!
I need some help. I am new to this site. I've only posted once so far but that was during the week i was taking exams and nothing would motivate me to quit eating during that week... but now the exams are over and I need major help! I crave food so bad especially chocolate, desserts, etc... I need help making the cravings stop. I need to eat healthier! But also seem to crave fast food all the time and my down fall is the fried foods and especially french fries... I need major advice if anyone has any on how to get over this. I need to lose at least 50-60 pounds. I want to be happy with who I am because I havent been for awhile now. I was doing pretty good until my grandpa passed away in January and was suffering with depression. During a period of depression i eat non stop... this is my problem! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
pushagrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome to 3FC.
I'm so sorry about your grandfather. You've come to the right place for help. There are so many great sub-forums here. Please post in a few different areas, and you'll find lots of support.

There's a forum here for depression and weight issues...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76

one here for people with eating disorders...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64

and a ton of others if you look through the main menu...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/index.php

Good luck to you...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 11:13 PM   #3  
and 4ever

S/C/G: 187/170/125

I'm sorry for your loss. I likewise need help with my weight loss goals. I have bipolar disorder and I tend to overeat in both my highs and lows. Plus, one of the side effects of my medication is that it causes weight gain. So I just seem to eat all the time. Plus I don't ever seem to have the time or money to eat well. It's too bad that you can't get what you want on good intentions alone. But I would love to have a buddy in this weight loss war, if you're up for it.
4thefuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I have found that having nutritious snack at home and food ready to eat, helps me.
I follow weight watchers and I make a pot of low calorie soup to eat on Saturday or Sunday. I make sure I have fruit on hand. I like the fruit in a cup that Del Monte has, it usually on 70 calories for a half a cup.
My chocolate fix, I eat sugar free pudding by Jello.
As far as the fast food, I hate to say it, but don't go, even if you are craving. Go for a walk, drink a glass of water, or if you need to do fast food, go to Subway and get a sandwich, just choose low cal toppings. I usually get the turkey breast and ham.
The thing is just don't give up. Find a support. Weight Watchers has helped me, but you do have to pay. Enlist a walking friend. Go to Tops meetings or to Overeaters anonymous if there is one in your area.
Finally, don't try to starve yourself. That just makes you crave worse.
Anyway, feel free to contact me anytime.
Good luck in your weight loss journey. Don't worry about a bump now and then. We all have them, just remember to get back up and keep trying!!!
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/205.5/150

Hey! I am new here and can totally sympathize. My motivation is low right now too and I can totally relate to the stress of exams and the impulse to eat nonstop. I would love to be your buddy in this weight loss war.
cereschick is offline   Reply With Quote