Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #1  
Chocoholic

Default New Here

Hi Everyone -

My name's Beth. I am 37yr, married with a 2 yr old daughter. I am really struggling to lose my baby weight (2 yrs later mind you). I am 5'1" and right now I am weighing in at 168lbs. I need some SERIOUS motivation help!!

Anyone want to be buddy?? I am so good at giving others support and encourgement, but I'm having so much trouble getting myself started

TIA!!
beth145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/187/135

Hi Beth, my name is Tammi I'm 33 years old married 3years . I have a 2 year old daugther and a 8 month old son. I have been having trouble staying motivated too. So if you want a buddy let me know
tammijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:28 PM   #3  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

Hey Beth
' we area bout the same weight and Height I am 5,2 and 168. And as you I have no problem helping others but when it comes to me its like "whateverrrr"

I have 3 kids 14, 11, 9 so I really can NOT use babyfat anymore , took me 9 years lol......I work treadmill now,,,,and really try to watch what I eat.
Whats worse is that 3 years ago I was down too 125 !!!!

Well pm me if u like
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Default Also with a 2 year old (plus a 5 y o)

LOL, noticed your post b/c your name is Beth (my dd's name). Also new here. Also have 2 y o. Unfortunately, I can't blame her for my weight. I lost weight with both my pgs (started 176 and ended 6 weeks pp at 168 with ds and started 190 and ended 6 weeks pp at 176 with dd). Stayed 176 for the first year of her life (breastfeeding helped). But have been creeping back up. My home scale says 180 and I am going with that, but I'm probably a bit higher (always measure about 5 lb more at the doctor's office whic is where that 176 came from). Oh and I am 5'8" so I hide my weight relatively well.

I have been irritated all day with my jeans cutting me in half. Then a friend who participates on this web site (that I know through a mommies web site from when our first babies were born the same month) came on to our mommy site and asked how everyone was doing with their weight watching, I was SO ASHAMED. She started in January with this site and is down 35+ lbs. If I had only joined her then, I could be a size 10 by now!

I am a total stress eater. I feel like it is so hard to carve out time to exercise with the two kids underfoot (especially 2 y o Beth who is a crazy child - always into something!). I just bought an elliptical this week. I need to get my butt on it! The weather is finally fabulous and yet I have only taken one walk this week. What the? I did manage not to eat out (a big downfall for me) or drink coke for 3.5 days this week. Fell off and went out with dh and kids last night and scarfed chips at the Mexican joint.

My work is insane right now. An event that I have been planning since last July is in two weeks and I am totally feeling the urge to binge. Any kicks in the pants to stay on track are appreciated.

I believe strongly in healthy dieting (balance of carbs, protein, fruit, veggies, some fat and lots of water). I believe regular exercise is the key to weight loss (even though I hate doing it). I know what it takes to be healthy. I've read most of the books and magazines. It isn't for lack of knowledge that I am fat. It just takes mental and physical stamina that I have seemed to lack since my kids were born.

But I am sick of being tired. I am sick of feeling unattractive (and it HAS affected my relationship with dh A LOT). I am sick of getting winded running up the stairs. I want to be able to not be ashamed anymore.

I'm in if you are.

God bless, Christina
missouripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 06:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome Beth, Tammi and Christina! Great having you at 3FC!!! Christina, I see you are from Missouri. I grew up in the Houston MO area and went to college in Springfield! So that is my old stomping ground!! Moved away in 1978 though so it has been a while but I still come back occasionally to visit family and friends! Since then I have lived in Oregon, the Philippines, South Florida and now my favorite of all, Seattle!!

I look forward to getting to know all of you around the boards.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote