Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #1  
Jinx! You owe me a beer.

S/C/G: 209/191/155

Default Yet Another Newb

Hiya.

In short, I'm looking for extra encouragement, and I heard this is a good place to get it. I'm not sure I'll stay for long, I'll just have to see how it goes.

My story: I'm a yo-yoer, who's been fluctuating from about 190 to 230, but hit a low at 178 two years ago. I'm a ways away from that right now.

I've tried everything: Beef out the ears (atkins-ho!) to cabbage soup out the ears (what a great way to ruin perfectly good soup for LIFE), to half a grapefruit and a slice of toast every morning (boring and unoriginal) to starving myself (aka Bernstein diet - which I have a LOT to say about, so before you decide to go down that dirty path, talk to me!), to weight watchers (the only thing that actually makes sense and works, and is liveable that I've tried so far).

So, that's pretty much my story in a shortshortshort nutshell. Nice to meet you all, and can you imagine if this is how we introduced ourselves to each other IRL? Thank god this is a weight loss community
Oracular_Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Jinx, welcome!
There's a ton of great support to be had here. Take a look around the forum, and I'm sure you'll find a diet/place where you fit in. Good luck with the weight loss!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:17 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome to 3FC!

Hi Jinx,

You've come to a good place for advice & support.

Eating plans are as individual as people....gotta find what works for you & make it a lifestyle change.

All the best to you,

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote