Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-26-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Looking for a buddy....

I was a member here for a while, last summer, and had lost 20 something lbs... I've since gained back about 10 - 15 lbs.

Anyway, I'm looking for a buddy for support, motivation and a little butt kicking every once in a while

I'm 24 years old, and will be 25 this June. I do not want to be a size 20/22 when my birthday comes this year. I'm tired of being overweight, and yet I cant seem to motivate myself to exercise! I was doing WW last summer, and had great success with that, and have been trying to count points again. I started last week, and did ok for a few days, and then just couldn't say op. I still kept track of everything though.

I've been overweight for most of my life, and I don't want to be anymore.

More about me - I'm 24 years old, I'm not married, but am living with my boyfriend of 7 years. I have an adorable little fur kid, named Cocoa. He's a Chihuahua, and I'm sure he'd love it if I were to take him for more walks I don't have any children, I work in a dental office, so at work, I'm pretty sedentary. I need to work out in the morning, otherwise I wont do it. I live in Jackson, MI.

Please feel free to PM me for email address, IM names etc

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7''

Hey - hows it going?

I just joined today....read your post and seems we have some stuff in common. I'm 24, 25 in July and from Ireland. I work in IT and am sat on my bum all day...I've joined weightwatchers twice and after a few weeks I just never went back.

This time I took my time - I turned veggie about a year ago and tried to settle into that before I went the weightwatchers road again...now I'm ready! I'm following the points thingy but only at home. I still weigh myself each week and do still track what I eat.

As for exercise; I joined a yoga class and really enjoy it. I also took 'improvers' swimming lessons...I find that because I have commited to these classes it MAKES me go :-) sucessful so far :-)

I think where I miss is that I love being active but if I don't go for a few days then I lose the routine and it just gets harder to go back....

What about you? why start then stop?
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 11:28 AM   #3  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!

My name is Sunshine I am 26 mommy to 3 and married to Brian for almost 8 years!

Good Luck with your weight loss!! You can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the support sunshine! Good luck with your weight loss too!

Finn - There isn't really a good reason as to why I stopped. I moved last October, and just put it on hold ever since then. There really isn't any excuse... I guess I just got tired of it, and was busy with moving, and I just let become my excuse I'm doing WW at home too, I think maybe in the next few months when $$ get more under control, I'm going to look into joining a gym or WW. When I have to pay for something like a gym membership, I tend to go more often

I agree that when you loose the routine, its harder to get back on track. I'm having issues with getting back into my exercise routine. I HAVE to work out in the morning before work, otherwise I wont do it when I get home. I know that. Its just SOO much easier to stay in bed at 5:30 am, than get out of bed and work out But I'm trying. Today I walked on my lunch break, its about .7 of a mile, so its a start.

Please feel free to PM me Finn, anytime!

~Liz
Lizzyg is offline   Reply With Quote