Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/129.5/105

Default Hello

HI I am 35, mother of 3 and a Nursing student. I graduate in may, but the past two years have taken their toll on my body. I am not overly obese, but far from where I should be to be healthy. My mother just started LA Weightloss, but I can't afford that so here I am. My husband is also going to lose with me and he is diabetic so we have to be careful. While researching the LA Weightloss plan I discovered a recipe for the take off diet drink. I made this and it is the very same as what they have and sooo much cheaper. Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions.
mychelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 01:19 AM   #2  
BBW from Detroit

I Found What Was Best For Me And My Husbnad Was The Gi Diet. He Is A Diabetic Too And He Lost A Lot From That. You May Want To Look Into It..
cjlafaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 135/129.5/105

Default Really?

What is the GI diet? DO you have information on it or know where I can find it? Anything to help him, he gets so upset with his weight and his diabetes is not really under good control so it is difficult for him...He also gets very frustrated when he doesn't see a weight loss right away..so...
mychelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:10 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Congratulations for getting through nursing school! I'm a nurse too and I remember (no matter how hard i try to forget) the stress. I was a late booomer too, not going back intill my son was out of school. My BIL is diabetic, just had a stroke. My sister is in charge of his diet now and is doing a wonderful job taking charge. He wouldn't follow a diet before, just ate what he wanted. Total denial. She has him on a Diabetic diet. Had you studied that already? He doesn't even have to take his blood sugar any more it's so regulated. And he's lost weight too. Eating more food that he ever thought possible. dieting is great, but nutrition is important too. Sorry, but these diets don't work for the long run. You, and your husband need proper nutrition.

Good luck to you, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:18 AM   #5  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss!! You can do it!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote