Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-18-2006, 10:09 AM   #1  

Default New :)

Hey everyone. I was so excited to find a site like this. My name is Shantel and I live in Missouri. In January, I slowly started to make healthy changes and it has really snowballed. I have lost 14 pounds and am feeling very positive and encouraged about life. I won't say that I haven't had some setbacks, but I just try to move on when they happen and just keep making healthy choices. I'd love to talk to anyone that's new to this too.
shantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #2  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Shantel, I am in Missouri too. I started my life change in January but have had a down hill spiral the last week or so. I used to Lurk and not post here but after my downhill lately I think I need to talk it out to get it out.

I am a food addict and binger (sometimes purge as well) and this site has so many topics on both problems. They really help I spend hours just reading throughout the day. You will never run out of suggestions or things to read here.

Welcome from a fellow Missourian and Good luck with all your goals
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #3  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Congrats on your loss so far that's great. Keep up the good work. And yes, don't let the set backs get you down. Just pick up and start back up that's the way to do it. I'm in Iowa very close to the Missouri border so we are like neighbors.

LeaLee: I can relate to having bad weeks. I having one of those too. I just can't seem to get very motivated. It doesn't help that I am trying to get over a darn sinus infection. But I am really trying to keep myself on track. Just remember tomorrow is a new day and just remember to take it day by day. You can do it.

Annie
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #4  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Shantel and

I also am a Missourian. This is a great site with a lot of encouragement and support in many areas. I'm sure you will find the support that you need here as I have.

Best wishes
Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:12 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Shantel!

What a riot this thread is! I don't live in Missouri now but I grew up there and lived there until I was 29!!! Bunch of Midwesterners in here LOL. Now I am in the great Pacific Northwest and loving it!

Glad to have you in the forum and thanks for the intro. Great picture too! Looks like "down home."
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:26 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone. It's cool that so many are from this area. It's exciting to be able to talk to and interact with others with the same goals and mindset. I know I'm going to like it here.
shantel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi Shantel! 14 pounds is an amazing start-- you're almost halfway done already! And don't worry too much about the setbacks. Life will always throw trip-ups in your way but you always can manage to get past them.

I love your icon too; it's very serene and refreshing. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote