Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #1  
from FAT to PHAT

Default Need Buddy

I am in need of a buddy. What do I need from a buddy? Let me tell you about ME and then YOu decide if you are what I need!

Me: 35 in 2 weeks, need to lose 40 pounds, married mother of 6, work full-time. I work in the Operating Room at a busy hospital, 5 days a week (at least) from 11 AM to 7 PM, with a few 12 hour days thrown in to boot. I also own my own Personal Chef company called The Comfort Kitchen. So I am the main meal cooker in the house. I have done WW and I really like the points system. I just recently signed up for iShape at this site's recommendation. We are planning a vow renewal for 2008 and I am determined to get in shape.

Beyond that I have a 14 year old daughter that needs to lose the same amount of weight. I have a diabetic father that will be coming to live with me as well.

I need someone who can keep me on track. I have gotten frustrated in the past because my hours are often varied and sticking to a set meal plan is hard for me, though I LOVE to do meal planning! I have an entire set of SOFTWARE devoted to it!! But if I have worked all night and have to be back at work in the morning eating breakfast is LOW on the priority list compared to SLEEP. Another frustration is that eating healthy is EXPENSIVE!! At least on every diet I have ever been on. Chicken breasts are EXPENSIVE here in Southern California, land of the thin.

Ok enuff whining...I want to get ME back. I want to be smaller than I was when my husband first met me. I want my daughter and my father HEALTHY. (and hubby could lose a few pounds too!)

anyone up for the challenge?
ChefGaNeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #2  

Well, you sound like you have a lot on your plate. I am not that busy but I would be happy to help. I am 26, with a boyfriend and a dog. I work in the mortgage industry and I have about 40 pounds to lose still (already lost 20). I do WW as well, and I do meal planning. All I really plan is dinner, because I know what I can eat up until then to get to the points I need. I eat breakfast at work because I too would rather sleep. I think eating healthy is a little more expensive but when you cut out going out to eat, it evens out for me. I buy my chicken breasts and fish at Costco. So, if you want to be buddys I would be happy too...I must warn you though, if you want to stick to this I am not taking any excuses (except PMS because that is just cruel.) Let me know. Natalie
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote