Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-15-2006, 02:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/216/155

Default Another newbie here

Hi! This is such an awesome site! It would be wonderful to have the support of others as well as to be able to give it to others. I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life-including during my two pregnancies-and I just can't live like this. The weight has slowly crept on over the last few years and it's mostly because of my work schedule. I work in production at a company that manufactures sheet plastic and my job is VERY physically demanding which wears me down. The hours are crazy-8PM to 8AM-three days one week, four days the next. Seems I can't sleep on the days that I work and only want to sleep on my days off. A new job is out of the question for now-need the health insurance for my daughter who is in college. So....my New Years resolution was to get tough and stop feeling sorry for myself. For the most part it's going good but there are days when it's difficult. If anyone is interested in a buddy I would love to hear from you. If you're like me you need all the help you can get!
chuckieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:23 AM   #2  

Hello and Welcome I am also new here. Congrats on your loss so far.
CMElliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome to both of you.
Tell us what you like to do and what you like to eat and we'll help you find some threads where you'll feel right at home.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:07 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Chuckieb! You have a great attitude... "...my New Years resolution was to get tough and stop feeling sorry for myself..."
That's really what it's all about. It doesn't matter that we don't enjoy it, or that we're discomforted by our efforts... we just need to do it!!
You can do this, hon!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/216/155

Thanks Susan and ellis. Finding this site is going to be so beneficial for me, I can already tell. Hopefully I can do the same for someone else. As for what I like to do and eat... I'm not following any diet in particular. I've kicked the fast food habit which was a major stepping stone. I stick mostly w/vegetables,fruits,chicken,fish and turkey (beef rarely and NO pork). I make my own salad dressing, I tried some bottled dressing a few weeks ago and about gagged! Amazing how your tastes can change. The only thing I'm having a really hard time w/is the coffee. I use Splenda and reduced sugar creamer but sometimes I drink two pots a day. Gotta cut back on that. Basically I'm still in the learning phase, trying new things to see what I like and what I will be able to stick with. I firmly believe that whatever you do to lose weight is what you will have to stick with for a lifetime if you want to keep the weight off. I did lose 50lbs. using Herbalife but gained it back plus some extra. I'm not a really active person. As I said, I have a very physically demanding job and the weird hours on top of it wears me out. I am hoping that as I lose more weight I will gain more energy. I used to walk five days a week and I could walk five miles in an hour. I would like to be able to get back to that. I've thought about getting a Gazelle for the low impact aspect. The ol' knees ain't what they used to be. I'm just taking each day as it comes. If I fall off the wagon I just get right back on the next day and go from there. Thanks for listening-sorry if I rambled.
chuckieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #6  

Ramble away! That's actually a very encouraging post.
Cleaner eating is what I call that. Maybe the coffee will come along as you progress.
Have you done some reading around the boards? Just post where ever you' d like.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: height: 5' 2"

ur doin great chuckieb! im a newbie here too, n hope i can get support or motivation from all u out there~
babyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #8  

You sure can Princess! What do you like to do? What do you like to eat? And how did you come up with your weight goal?
Old 03-15-2006, 10:07 AM   #9  

i *used to* loveeeeee rice! but its a complex carb so i have cut that down a little~ my weight goal is all about looking good before i turn 20 this year n also to stop mean relatives n/ ppl teasing me being fat.. *all my life* my uncle used to compare his arm thickness with me, and always made all my cousins laugh at me..so my new year resolution is that i would have a damaged esteem anymore!
Old 03-15-2006, 10:09 AM   #10  

*would not have a damaged self-esteem that is.. LoL typo
Old 03-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #11  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Hi, welcome Chuckieb, CMElliott and Babyprincess.

I'm relatively new here, joining in last Thursday. Looks like everyone is on the right track and ready to take off.
I'm also looking for support and willing to give support wherever and whenever I can. My weigh-in is tomorrow and hopefully my ticker will move out of park.
I'm 46, have 106 lbs. to lose, looking for some one to buddy-up with maybe in similar situation.
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:13 AM   #12  

Why don't you gals go to the support forum and make a post called something like 'making a plan for ???" put your name in there .... And we'll get you some individual attention. OK?
Old 03-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #13  

Height: 5'-2"

Great idea, Susan.
Welcome to all the new people!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote