Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-05-2006, 09:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255.8/228.4/150

Default New to this site...

Hi there...I have seen many tickers linked to this site so I decided to come on over and check it out. I would love to buddy up with someone to keep tabs on eachother. Any extra motivation is a plus. I have been at this weight loss thing since Jan. 4th. I have had good weeks and bad, and I seem to be in a small rut. I only have a few days left til my next weigh in and I would like to see a couple lbs gone and I don't see that happening this week. I've joined the YMCA recently and it's great...I love going and working out now. Haven't been though since Thursday. Well, I went a half hour on Friday, but that's not enough for me.

Anyone care to share their workout routines? I'm always looking for new ideas and things to do.

Healthy snack and meal ideas also welcomed. I'm wanting to try new things.
mommy2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #2  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss you can do it!!

I work out to Richard Simmons tapes!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #3  

I have been doing good with my exercising. I find that a lot of days i just dont want to go to the gym but i put my shoes on and force myself to go. Usually telling myself i will only do a little bit and then come home if i dont feel motivated. Everytime i do that once i start working out my energy levels spike and i get in a really good workout. I find that switching it up a little helps. Some days when i am bored with working out, i will just switch machines a lot, may not be the best scenario but i figure it is better than nothing. I will walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes then switch to elliptical then to bike and maybe do some weights in between. I just do whatever i feel like doing at the moment. That really seems to break it up a little bit. I also signed up for blockbuster online and i rent my fitness videos from them, that way i can always be trying a new one, so far the service has been great.
schllepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:05 AM   #4  

Hi Brandi from right across the river!

I got myself a personal trainer for Christmas, and the best thing I got from him was exercises I can do at home as "bonus" stuff. Really helps me fight off the late-night snack cravings. My favorite - Snow Angels - lie on your back, keeping the small of your back close to the ground (keep your tummy tight). Touch your right toe with your left hand, picking your shoulder up off the floor. Same with the other side.

I do 45 minutes of cardio 4 times a week, mixed between the elliptical and the treadmill. I don't want to spend all day at the gym, so I up the resistance/incline/speed to keep it challenging. I do a few weights on my own to fill up the rest of the hour, then on trainer day, he tries to kill me.

Welcome to the site!! We're glad to have you, and I'd be happy to buddy up if you're interested.
debbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #5  
Getting healthy for her!

S/C/G: 320/274/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Sunshine~~
Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss you can do it!!

I work out to Richard Simmons tapes!
Woo Hoo for Richard Simmonns tapes! Thought I was the only one. They are cheesy but a good workout! I can't afford the gym so Richard makes due.
healthy_wanna_b is offline   Reply With Quote