Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2006, 01:03 AM   #1  

Question thanks again

thank u for that info

Last edited by laylalipps; 03-22-2006 at 01:25 AM. Reason: just want to say thanks!
laylalipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:32 AM   #2  

You don't seem to need to loose a lot of weight. I'd be more than pleased at 130. I wish I could help, but I don't know if fasting for a week is going to be good long term for your health.

Tips I have heard are: Brush your teeth when you want to eat.
Before eating a meal drink an 8 oz glass of water to help make you feel more full. I use a small desert size plate when eating a meal, so it gives the illusion that you are taking in more than you really are.

I see you are in the South, and I was born and raised in that part of the country. Yeah, I know southern living revolves around food, so it's really hard to get out of that mindset. Good luck to ya, and maybe think twice about the fasting for that length of time. Though I don't have any experience with that, it just doesn't sound healthy.

Oh, and I am on the Atkin's diet (there is a section here in the forum) and it's basically cutting out carbs, and sugars. Maybe see if that is something you can do. It doesn't limit intake, and there are no fat or calorie counting. You might find it pretty easy.
Falon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #3  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Eeeep. The last thing you need to do is fast for a week. Do you have health insurance? I really recommend looking into counseling.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #4  
Meg

One question for you -- is your ultimate goal to lose 15 pounds or to lose and permanently keep off 15 pounds?

If it's just to lose 15 pounds, as fast as possible, then by all means do what you're doing. Yes, no question that you can lose 15 pounds by fasting or the sacred heart diet and you'll keep the weight off for about five minutes.

But if you want to lose the weight and keep it off forever, then please listen to what these ladies are saying to you.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 04:11 PM   #5  
with my mind on my monkey

What's more important - losing fifteen pounds or regaining your sanity? Maybe you could spend some time focusing on what is truly important in your life. What are your dreams and goals? Unless you aspire to be a supermodel, fifteen pounds won't stand in your way of achieving any of them. Is it possible you're putting more significance on weight than is necessary?

As a bonus, when you shift your focus from food and weight, they begin to lose power over you. The day I stopped putting rigid constraints on myself with regard to diet and exercise is the day I stopped bingeing (over 3 months now ). It's important to eat reasonable portions of healthful foods and exercise regularly - but not at the cost of happiness. If you find that you're crossing the line into orthorexic behaviors, your best bet is to consult with a professional. They may offer you the tools to free yourself from the 'thin cage.'

Here's a link to an insightful page: http://www.findingbalance.com/thincage/default.asp

I've never read the book, but there was a lot on the website that resonated with me. I hope you find peace within yourself because you are more than a number on the scale.
HungryMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote