Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-26-2006, 09:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/161/140

Default New and testing it out

I'm brand-new and testing out sending a post, seeing if my avatar and signature come up correctly.

I'm about 90 pounds below my all-time high, but struggle with a 20-pound weight fluctuation. I'm one of those that gets to where I want to be and then figure I'm free to indulge, and of course end up putting the pounds back on until I figure it's time to do something about it. After this lifelong struggle, I think I've finally arrived at the correct mental place, that is that I must make permanent changes to my eating lifestyle. I'm sick of dieting and have sworn never to go on an official diet again, but definitely need some help through a structured eating program. I also have back problems, so I need to be as lean as possible so that my back doesn't have to carry around the extra weight. It also makes it difficult to get exercise regularly. I've put my goal at 140, which I've never weighed as an adult, and I'm not sure it's realistic. I'm 5'8", so I'm lean and a size 10 at 150, but just think it would be great for my back to not have those ten pounds to deal with. So I'm going to see how it goes as far as my goal weight.

Good luck to everyone. I welcome any comments, support, friendships.

Les
LesIsMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:14 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Les!! It sounds as though you're on the right track with your thinking... I wish you the very best.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote