Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-24-2006, 09:09 PM   #1  

Talking Newb!

Hi all!

I am a 40 year old Brit living in New Jersey, USA. Came here to be with my darling hubs 8 years ago after meeting on the internet.

I've been overweight most of my life, partly not my fault as I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), but I don't use it as an excuse as controlling my weight is my problem as there is no miracle cure for PCOS (yet).

The only thing that works for me is low carbing, as with PCOS comes Insulin Resistance and I was very successful a couple of years ago, initially following the Vitaline PCOS Diet, but the cost stopped me from continuing with them but it taught me a lot about low carb foods and I carried on, on my own and lost 60lbs. Got stressed, put it all back on and more but I am determined to succeed this time. Hubby is also overweight and is following the WeightWatchers Points system. It worked for him 4 years ago and he lost a little weight but then got testicular cancer and stopped going. We're doing this together to support each other and altho we can't always eat the same foods we're doing good so far in our first week!

He found this site, so glad he did. Looking forward to making some buddies and finding out all about yous!
HippyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Welcome HH! I'm also diagnosed with PCOS but low carbing never worked for me. I would do it for three days and then the craving for bread and pasta would start, I'd go crazy and eat a whole loaf!.
I can't live without bread and pasta so I tried the WW points system and it worked for me. I'm losing slowly because of the IR but its coming off
I'm on a challenge with a group of wonderfull ladies here at 3FC where we're trying to get to Onederland as a first goal. you're welcome to join us http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...39335&page=227
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:42 AM   #3  

Hi there,
I am from Canada myself and need to lose 70+ lbs. Struggling with some stress and health issues that are not known yet. Did the low carb thing for a while then got gallstones. The doc said that Atkins may have contributed. So had the gallbladder out and now am trying ww and just watching the fat.
I am also 40 and have been married for 16 years. Two boys all grown up.
Just a question for you, have been watching this great british show on the tv called You are What You Eat. Great advice on it, But my question is how many lbs is a stone? Thanks in advance for your answer....
Misery Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 12:00 PM   #4  

14lbs in a stone!
HippyHippo is offline   Reply With Quote