Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-24-2006, 08:45 PM   #1  
Amberhug

S/C/G: 207/193.2/150

Default New!!!!

Hi, new to the site and not really internet savvy. I am looking for some support!!!!! HELP!!! I have been on WW for 1 yr. and been on a platuea since MAY How do I break it? I exercise on a consistant basis. I am getting married at the end of April and stressing about the next 20 lbs. Anyone else on the same boat as me???
Amberhug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #2  

Default Welcome

Welcome, Amberhug. Don't get discouraged. I stopped doing WW because I had the same problem: I would follow the program and lose weight very, very slowly, sometimes not at all.

Now I am doing a different diet and realized what I was doing wrong before. In my case, I need to lay off the carbs almost completely. I can have fruit, but as far as pasta and bread, I cannot have them every day, even though they are allowed on my diet. Every person is different, but maybe you would like to concentrate on lean protein, low fat diary (if you can have it), vegetables and few fruits for a while and see how that works.

PS: I lived in Oregon for almost 20 yrs and I love it. When I am truly old I am moving back!
jrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/258/145

Hi Amber,

I'm new, too. I've been in your position before and it's helped me in the past to change my work out routine, maybe add more intensity to the aerobic part of your work out? Do you lift weights at all? I've heard that more muscle burns more fat. What kind of exercise do you do?
ToriPaws is offline   Reply With Quote