Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-24-2006, 09:29 AM   #1  

Talking New Newb

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a good while now reading and learning etc, thought I might have a bit to add to some of the discussions, so here I am.

As the username would suggest, I'm not exactly a "chick" per-se but I am, however, in need of support, like minded people, and some big weight loss.

For the record I'm 25 years old and stand about 6'4". My weight is in the 270 department and has been for a good while. I'm an active duty member of the Air Force stationed at Langley AFB in Virginia.

I'm under the gun in a major way to get the weight off and get back into good physical condition. If I don't, I risk losing my job and career, so that in and of itself is a motivator (or a terrifier, depending on how you look at it).

To make a long story short, after being terrified for a year or so of getting the boot from the USAF, and making no forward progress, (scared to point of inactivity, hoping it would all just go away...) it's come time to move it or lose it. Since losing weight is less pleasant than gaining it, and misery loves company, here I am.
Symon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:40 AM   #2  
Choose Your Attitude!

S/C/G: 208/193/140

Talking

Welcome Symon!!!

So glad you decided to stick around and join our growing community! It's ok that your not a "chick" we will still love ya just the same!

We are all here for one common goal, regaurdless of age, sex, race etc... so the more the merrier!!!! I certainly can see your motivation for wanting to lose weight!! Hopefully you will find lots of strength and encouragement here at 3FC... and maybe spread some around to others at the same time!!

Hope to see you around, and if you need anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask... chances are there are many of us that can help out!!

Heather
princess_atti2ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:14 PM   #3  
fat little dragoness

S/C/G: 172/171.5/130

Hi and welcome, Symon. You don't have to be a chick to join. You are lucky to be tall, I wish I was tall, I'm short, about 5'2". Being tall means you get to weigh more! You're a guy, right? I think your job at the airforce is cool, I wish you all the luck you can get in loosing weight. I am trying to loose about 50 lbs. I feel much better after exercizing, do you get enough exercize? How is exercise spelled?
Sapphireangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #4  

Thanks for the warm welcome

I exercise between 3 and 5 days a week, 30 minutes to 1.5 hours a session depending on day/motivation etc. I break things up between cardio and good-ol-weights.

I've got quite a story explaining some of the more personal benefits of losing some pounds, I'll post them in the proper forum soon.

exercize -> exercise

Personally I like it with a "z" in it as the word becomes less mundane... Unfortunately the founders of english didn't share the same viewpoint... probably because back when the word was invented, you weren't overweight unless you were wealthy and could afford enough food to chunk-up, funny how thats rather backwards nowdays...
Symon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:07 PM   #5  

welcome Symon: Good Luck in your weight loss journey. Keep up the exersize and everything will come together. 6'4" boy u are a big boy. Keep up that weights and cardio and u will be a stout young man. A little thing to look forward to never hurts. Feel free to message me when u get the weakness for junk i try to be on. Brandy
brandyangel1 is offline   Reply With Quote