Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/234/170

Cool New member

Greetings and salutations. I'm here to hopefully make some connections with others who are struggling as I am to lose this unwanted weight! Sure, I wanted all that junk food when I ate it! Now, I'm the lucky single mom of a VERY active 3-yr-old girl who needs me to be active with her. Currently, at 261 lbs, it's difficult to be very active....but I'm working on that! I've lost 10 lbs and joined the YMCA. I'm getting over an injury to my knee and hope to start back to working out this weekend. My goal for this summer is to be able to hop on a bike and ride around our local park with my daughter and not have to quit half-way through! I can use any support I can get and will definitely share my support with all who also need it! Hope to make a few new friends along the way! Please feel free to contact me!
lakynsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 220/188/170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Welcome!

Well let me be the first to say welcome and glad to have you. I know you will make many friends and get lots of support here. This is the best place to do it! See, just like that you've already made one new friend!
MiaManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #3  

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Mia. I appreciate it and hope to talk to you again. I don't have internet access at home, but am able to hop on periodically at work. Nice to meet you.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Welcome Heather! Nice to meet you. Hope to see you here often.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcom, Kim. So, I see you are doing Atkins...apparently, from your weight-loss scale...it's working for you. Congratulations on your progress so far! I've heard a lot of rumors lately that this Atkins thing might not be good for you. Have you looked into any of these rumors, and if so...what did you find out? My sister used Atkins last year and lost 30 lbs...she looks great! It's not a diet I can do...can't give up bread, potatoes, or pasta...but OK to cut back...so I'm a WW girl.