Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-24-2006, 01:46 PM   #1  

Default Trying to lose 150+ pounds the old fashion way! Buddy welcome!

Hi there. As I stated in a response to another thread, I'm relatively new to this forum (long time lurker) and am open to a weight loss buddy!

My name is Dani and I'm 31 years old. My highest weight was 350 and I am trying to lose around 150 pounds. I'm a divorced, working mom of three kids (6 years, 3 years, and 20 months). I've decided (after the last and final attempt and failure to reconcile with my ex-husband) that there is no time better than the present to work me! As selfish as that sounds, I think it's important to make the most of the example that I am inevitably setting for my children, physically, mentally, and spirtitually.

I'm currently using my own diet to change my lifestyle and updating an online journal to keep track of the changes I am making along the way (I think the link is in my signature, I dont know!). I also plan on finally utilizing that gym membership that has been unused yet draining my checkbook monthly for a while now. =) As far as the road ahead, I think that the amount of weight I have to lose is my biggest hurdle, not my method of doing so.

I wish each of you the best of luck and much success! Feel free to contact me if you ever need an ear or a cheer!

Be blessed,
Dani
Dani31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/281/255

Height: 5'7"

Hi Dani -

Welcome and congratulations on your success so far!! That's awesome! I am 28 year old mom of 3 kids, and would love to chat anytime! I've been on the South Beach Diet for a week, and I am on week 2 now. Talk to you soon!
Familyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #3  

Hi Dani,

Sounds like you are off to a positive start!
I am doing the same thing you are doing my own diet plan and I have made up a little gym for myself in my basement
I just wanted to say hello and wish you luck, if you need a buddy to talk to I would be happy to help you out!
Take care
CanadianSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:52 PM   #4  

Hi! I am a newbie myself here. I am 35 yrs. old, 4 kids, and married. I need to work my 50 lbs off. I would like to do it the old fashioned way as well Let me know if you wanna buddy up!
najia
cocoapuffs is offline   Reply With Quote