Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2006, 04:19 PM   #1  

Talking Hello, I'm new!

Hi, my name is Lisa, I'm 21 and I have just started my weight loss journey. My start weight was 187 and somehow I've managed to loose 3lbs! I was so happy to find a place like this because now I know I'm not alone.

My problem is that I was never over weight until a couple of years ago when I went on both anti-depressants and birth control pills at the same time. The weight packed on very quickly and got out of control before I knew it. Since I never had a weight problem before, this is all very new to me and I'm still very much learning.

Lisa
DimondInTheRough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:48 PM   #2  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Good Luck!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:56 PM   #3  

Hello Lisa
I'm Taneisha I'm 19 I'll be 20 in September.... But Welcome to 3 Fat Chicks! I've been here for a short amount of time but there are very nice people here and I'll help you loose your weight. I'm aiming for 125 I know its an unrealistic goal seeing as I"m 170lbs and I want to get down to that weight so bad and maintain it... I just checked my Blood Pressure it was 134/86 I was floored because my Systolic was higher and I don't really like that and I don't want to have High Blood Pressure at 19 thats alot to take on.

Well I would be exercising every day if I didn't have to go to school 5 days a week but you know how that is I have to get my credits to transfer to a 4 year institution. I'm doing pretty good so far I'm turning in my Homework but it can get overwhelming so I have to spread some things out. But let me give you Donna Richardson. She's a Fitness Guru she has the #1 Fitness Video in America! Sweating in the Spirit I love the video and she has Live Gospel Performances from Kirk Franklin Yolanda Adams and Shirley Murdock if yoiu want to get in touch with your (Temple) and Spirit please choose this video and you'll be sheding the pounds in no time

PM me I'll be glad to hear from you 1Corinthians God Helps individuals that help themeselves. But I'm going to help you but I want you to remember that God has a special plan for all of us and you'll see yours soon

Stay Strong Lisa!

With Love
Taneisha
Shanice Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Let's find out a little more about you and then we can help you find some threads to join in. You could try an 'age specific' group or 'plan' group. What kind of eating have you chosen? Or you could try the exercise threads. There's even threads for specific numbers of pounds 30, 100, more than 100.

What're ya thinkin'?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #5  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lisa !

Welcome! We have very similar stats (see my sig), although I'm older than you (33). You can do it, sweetie!! Let us know if you have any specific questions -- everyone here is wonderful!

You can do it!!
LovesBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:55 PM   #6  
Grand Canyon on my 30th!!

Hi! I'm very new too and I'm already loving this forum. I need to lose 130 pounds so I can use all the help I can get.

And no Lisa, you are definitely not alone! The more posts I read, the more I realize exactly how many people are out there feeling the same as me.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. I'm here to help anyone and everyone - I'm a great listener And I look forward to all the help I know I'll be getting from this place!

Welcome Lisa! And again, good luck!

Stacey

Last edited by Before I'm 30; 01-21-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Before I'm 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #7  

Welcome Lisa!!!

Yep, birth control & anti depressents will do it all the time. The "Depro" shot did my neice in too......she gained well over 100 pounds!!!!!! But don't worry, you can manage your weight while being on any meds. I am going through premenopause...getting ready for that big menopause stage in my life and let me tell you, man o' man! Cannot wait until I stop having periods!!! My doctor says women in this time of their lifes do struggle with weight loss. I wish it wouldn't happen but it does. I did lose 6lbs. so far. I try not to get wrapped around my scale too much. I don't want it to control my life thinking I NEED to weigh myself daily. I weigh myself 1X a week. That's good enough.

Anyway, find a good support system within your circle of friends & family. If you don't have one, like me, then find a group here. Everyone is sooooo nice! I am positive you'll find the motivation you need to succeed!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote