Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 191/183/139

Height: 5'5"

Default Mom of 2 from Pa at 166 on South Beach

I want a BuDdy! I am a 31 year old student and mom of two. I live in Pa. and I started SB on 1/4/2006.
Start Weight=174 1/4/2006
Current =166 1/12/2006
Goal= 119 7/1/2006
MiaRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 03:30 PM   #2  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hey I started mine Jan 2 .I have lost @9 pds. Would love to buddy with someone. I am 42 ,married and have 2 kids. I would like to lose 40 pds. I have gained alot in the summer due to alot of stress. I have a thyroid problem which I think hinders my results, but found the sb works best for me. I love to work out.I go as much as I can and am trying to get 2 hrs in when I do go. I have accomplished that but am dragging the rest of the day. This would be great to share recipes and motivation tips. I will check in later.
djmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #3  

I started South Beach on Dec. 26 and have lost 19 lbs. as of date. I am 18 and a student. I would like to lose a signifigant amount of weight, and I see the 19 lbs. as a starting off point. I used to go to the gym 6 days a week but since I moved to college, I haven't been as active as I could be. If I could be of any support to you, just let me know.
Caity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #4  
barb

Today I lost another pound but it also was not one of my better days. I did snack on some chips my son had and I had a very small oatmeal cookie,plus I had a small thin crust pizza smaller than a deck of cards.anyway I did do it and I am so afraid of back sliding. I am going to try really hard to stay on this phase 1 until friday. How do you work your down days?
Old 01-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #5  

First of all Congrats on your weightloss!!
So far, thankfully, I have not had many down days. Don't get me wrong, this is incredibly hard. But I keep thinking to myself is that <some fatty food> really worth my health...not to mention fitting into a lower size pair of jeans? But if I do mess up, I try not to dwell on it. I just start again. Thats all you really can do.
Hopefully this helps!!
Caity
Old 01-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #6  
barb

Well I got on the scale today and I am down another pound.WHOOO. Total so far 12 pds. I did not work out today and again I did fall off a little. We were out and I had another small oiece of pizza and 2 bites of a bread stick. Tom will be easier cuz the kids will be gone. What do you eat as snacks.?. And dinners?
Old 01-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #7  

Congrats!!
Hmm.. Snackwise I am a big pistachio fan, hummus with cucumbers is also really good. For dinner I loooove pork chops, I sometimes do them with sugar free apricot preserves. Also the minute/cube steaks, seasoned with a bunch of different spices, and I do cheat a little bit and have like 1/2 tbsp of A1. Also chicken sauteed in olive oil, with tequila-lime spice, and parmesan cheese, weird combo, but really good.
Hope these help!
Caity
Old 01-16-2006, 06:22 PM   #8  

What is the diffrence between South Beach and Atkins? I am not losing by working out . So I wanted to try a diet as well. Do you still have engery?
evierama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #9  

I am really not too familiar with Atkins. So I might not be the most qualified to answer. But on South Beach you eat only lean meats, and lots and lots of veggies, and good carbs. With South Beach yes I do have a good amount of energy.
I hope this helped.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #10  
barb

sb is a healter way to eat. They do focus on lean meats and healthy choices.