Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-09-2006, 02:31 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Looking to Buddy Up during my weight loss!

Hello out there. I just started this new year with a serious resolution to get healthy and back into shape. I am hoping to check back here daily with someone else so we can share our day and how our diets are going. I usually end most of my days surfing the internet and I decided it would be a good idea to track my progress on a journal and by coming here. I had never heard of this site until now.

I am currently 198 pounds, 5 '6. I used to weight 140 but got pregnant and gave birth to my first child last August. The weight kind of lingered and am having a hard time dealing with it now. I don't have the energy I used to have.

I just started the Atkins diet and it's definitely working but not something I can see myself doing longterm. I need to get into a mode where I eat better, eat smaller portions and exercies. I would love any great suggestions for diets. I really don't know where to start. As far as exercise goes I'm doing pretty good so far there -- just starting out walking 5 days a week. I'm hoping to increase that and eventually begin running.

I'm looking for anyone else who would be willing to check back on this thread most days just to share our days, ideas, recipes, words of wisdom...I think having some buddies to go through this together would be a perfect way to start and keep me motivated!
Buffy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/167/159

Height: 5' 9"

Sounds like a plan....after I had my baby, I had all the weight to lose. I did it by eating less, smaller portions, and walking. It took me a long time to lose the weight (2 years), but my daughter is five now and I haven't gained any of it back. I still want to lose about 20 more pounds and would love a support buddy.

Good luck!
LeslieFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:33 AM   #3  
bigmamatita

I had my baby in July 2005. I havent been able to lose all the weight either. I began my diet on Friday. Basically I have lean cuisine meals, diet coke and water. I plan on weighing in every Monday to see my progress. And yeah, my body seems to be all disfigured now that I gave birth. I want to get in shape and feel good. Tonite I plan on going to the gym and walking/jogging for at least 45 min. Hope to hear from you guys! Lets keep our bodies moving!

5'6"
160 lbs
GW: 135 lbs
26 yrs (jan 11th)
married/one daughter
bigmamatita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #4  

Hi. I am a 32 year old stay at home mom to 5 kids(ages 11,8,6,2 & 9 mos). I am 5'6" and weigh somewhere between 195-200. I am not currently on any kind of 'diet', but am thinking of starting the Atkins. I am a member of Ladies Workout Express and just started back this morning, hopefully I can make myself get out of bed and go 4 times per week. I am looking for buddies for mutual motivation, exercise/dieting tips, etc.

Last edited by outofshapemom; 01-09-2006 at 10:35 AM.
outofshapemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #5  

Lightbulb

Hi Everyone. Happy Monday. It's so nice to see all of you that wrote in here. I'm excited to get started with all of you! I would love to post here daily and I realize many of you probably can't do so, but for me, I think it helps to just vent a bit about the dieting and exercise.

Well I'm still on Atkins although over the weekend I had trouble sticking to it so I cheated but not badly. I ate some fruit (hilarious that this is bad for this diet) and got the worst headache ever! Does anyone know if it was because of the sugar? I haven't weighed myself yet but my jeans fit! They are snug as anything...ha ha...but they fit!

I'm thinking the Atkins diet may not be the best thing for me. I can stick to it pretty well but I miss eating fruit. I can do without the bread though -- which is weird. I thought I would really miss that. Anyone have any suggestions about other diets? I was thinking of signing up for Weight Watchers.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/167/159

Height: 5' 9"

Default Suggestions for diet...

I tried Atkins, but it made me feel bad. I also don't think it is anything that anyone can stick to for any length of time. The best thing to do is watch total calorie intake and eat a balanced diet.

When my blood sugar drops I get a headache, so I now force myself to eat breakfast. I had to learn how to eat right, because when I was younger, I always just ate whatever I wanted and never had a weight problem. So in some ways I had to learn from scratch how to eat so that I felt good.

It took about a year for my body to feel "normal" after having my baby. I hate exercise but did a lot of walking.

Feel free to send me a note anytime!

Check out my profile to see my "virtual model"
LeslieFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

I tried low carb plans, but just could not do it. I am know working on counting cals and seetign exercise goals for each week. Tweaking each exercise goal based on what is realistic compared to my schedule (it has only been a week now).

I use Fitday.com to track everything too, it really seems to help.
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #8  
bigmamatita

just wanted to let u guys know that I did my 45 min workout . I'm feeling good and optimistic about tomorrow. We gotta lose this baby weight. Lets keep working hard!
bigmamatita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #9  

I did 1 hour of a high impact sport I play (similar to Racquetball). Lots of running around and before I knew it I was drenched in sweat! It's been my first "real" workout of the year and I feel great.

I still haven't weighed myself yet since my last weight of 198 last week. I need to buy a new scale for home. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good brand or does it matter? I know the scales at home aren't the best but just want to get something to track my progress.

I stopped Atkins and am keeping my own low-carb plan and keeping my meal portions small and eating 5 smaller meals throughout the day. All I need to do now is get in the habit of eating breakfast! I'm bad about that. I usually just drink a cup of coffee only. Should I try to cut out caffine altogether?

Thanks for all the diet suggestions. I'm going to try a low-carb diet of my own and maybe lean towards WW. I think I need the motivation of getting weighed by someone else each week. I've also tried using fitday.com. Great site to keep track of yourself daily. Thanks for the suggestion ejb.

Looks like we are all off to a good start!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #10  

Smile Sounds like everyone is off to a good start

I'm a WW Lifetime member and I recently regained a not-very-joyous 6 pounds (not a lot, I know, but I want to get it off quickly before it's permanent). I went to kickboxing this morning and ate a healthy breakfast and lunch.

Happy to PM or e-mail with anyone who wants a quick daily dose of support.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #11  

Well i started on the atkins and i'm not too happy with i think its somwhat unhealthy, but i'm willing to stick it out for at least a month, i lost 3 pounds on my first day, and i think with a little exercise i could do a lot better then 3 pounds seeing as my body would be burning more fat faster without carbs. I think this is the first time in a year that i've actually lost weight. i'm excited. I also want to start eating healthier but i think atkins is a good way to loose a lot fast, which is what i'm looking for. I do not plan on eating this way for life but i just want too lose about 20 pounds on atkins and then see how it goes from there. It has great results fast, i think the first day is the hardest so far but check back with me in about a week.
Bride2B06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #12  

I think the Atkins diet appeals to many, myself included, because of the fast results. Giving it a good month is good. I've actually decided to do the same because I can feel a bit of a difference in my clothes and how they are fitting. But I'm going to do the Atkins diet in the second phase. I was doing the introduction phase and it was a bit too much for me. Good for you for losing weight that fast. It's actually nice to get results that fast to keep you motivated. Maybe you can use the diet for the first month to get your food under control. After the first month, then you can alter the diet to a healthier one that suits you and you'll already be in the right frame of mind.

Good luck and keep us updated!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #13  

Thumbs up Where did everyone go?

Hi everyone. I didn't see any new posts yesterday. Is everyone gone?
I hope not. You are all helping me to keep on going.

I am still doing Atkins and have actually started to like it. Once I got over the cravings period. And from time to time I do eat a piece of fruit here and there. Controlling my portions and started to work out. I just bought these fantastic at home DVDs called Yoga Booty Ballet. They are amazing and so much fun! They have quick workouts available so if you only have 10 minutes to spare, you can pop one in. For me, I just love these types of workouts. Very upbeat if that is what you need.

So in one week I've lost 5 pounds and am so totally happy! I waited a week before weighing myself. I highly recommend it since doing it every day can sometimes be disappointing.

Hope you are all doing well!
Old 01-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #14  

Home DVD workouts can be great--I have them for Pilates, Stability Ball and free weights. Generally I go to the Y.

I just switched to the WW Core Program--it feels good so far. My next WI is next Thursday and I anticipate a good result.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #15  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Talking

Hi Ladies,
My name is Elizabeth ~ I hope this finds you doing well !

I would like to invite you to join Us on The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

A place regardless of how much or how little you have to lose. A place to make buddies, and a great support base!!

Where you WILL find encouragement !!

You will find The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !! listed under the Support Forums Group !!

Come join us on the journey ~ Hope to see you there!!
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote