Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #16  
bigmamatita

i began my diet friday. so far so good. Good luck to all of us. I will report in tomorrow so I can stay motivated. I need to have accountability. Hopefully, we can post b4 and after pics once we're closer to our weight loss goals.
bigmamatita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 10:20 PM   #17  
*Melissa*

Hi everyone, I just joined today! I am 21 years old, and I am looking for encouragement to lose this weight. I want to lose about 25/30 pounds. My mom and I are going to try doing weight watchers (we've had success in the past) but we are going to do it alone and not go to the meetings. I really need to be motivated to lose this weight because I am going to be moving to Orlando, Florida in May and I want to be able to wear those cute summery clothes all year round! I will be here for you all if you need words of encouragement, and I hope I will get some encouragement as well!!! Good luck everyone!
ditzeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:37 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

I've been really sick for some reason, so I've been delayed. But tomorrow I'm going to start up again and my first goal for tomorrow is to get up at 7am with Denise Austin! Good luck everyone!!!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:14 AM   #19  

Hey, Im also 20 and just got engaged!! I have a one year old son and some extra baggage!! Im so happy to see people my age starting life early (im not the only one...phew) I am located in Plymouth MA and I am currently weighing 162lbs (i started at 170lbs) I want to be about 140lbs...well the number doesn't really matter to me its the love handles, the cellulite and the belly tire i want to lose!! I lack motivation, i only started a week ago and i'm already giving up!! i get mad at myself when i can't do something (like run or sit ups) so i tend to quit...alot!!

See i am trying to walk/jog twice a day for an hour each, BUT I havent stuck myself on a calorie diet...am i making a mistake? I look at it as "i won't give up the foods i love for more than a week"

Last edited by chicaloca82003; 01-10-2006 at 10:20 AM.
chicaloca82003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:30 AM   #20  

Hey guys, I am 20 also, and I am on the medical weight loss diet. I am planning on losing 62 lbs, my problem is getting the energy to exercise. How do you all get the motivation and do you guys have a lot of energy?? I hope we can all get some help from eachother, just support and a lending ear would be nice. Good luck to all of you!
toni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:32 PM   #21  
*Melissa*

what is the medical weight loss diet? Keep up the good work everyone! I don't weigh in until Sunday night...
Old 01-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni62
Hey guys, I am 20 also, and I am on the medical weight loss diet. I am planning on losing 62 lbs, my problem is getting the energy to exercise. How do you all get the motivation and do you guys have a lot of energy?? I hope we can all get some help from eachother, just support and a lending ear would be nice. Good luck to all of you!
I have NO motivation and im not too heavy BUT i cant even jog to the end of the street without every muscle hurting or my chest pounding!! Good Luck to you on your diet. and any help or motivation u can give would be great!
chicaloca82003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:19 PM   #23  

Hi everyone
I just joined today and today is the first day of me watching what i eat. I haven't started exercising yet. I plan on starting tomorrow. I wish all of u the best of luck!!!!1
Iwana B. Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #24  

Yeah, my motivation comes and goes... Its horrible! Is anyone interested in keeping up a regular correspondence. I have up to 60 pounds to lose... Let me know through I guess private messages or something!

Also, still sick, so didn't really do anything today, blah... Its the 3rd day in a row almost!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:01 PM   #25  

Medical weight loss is a clinic. They put you on a plan where you have different kinds of nutrients that are meal replacements. The nutrients are supposed to help you feel full, and digest/breakdown as soon as you drink/eat them. Don't get me wrong still eat regular food too, just little portions and 1 or 2 meals a day. A typical dinner is 1 protein (which is a 3.5 oz portion) 2 vegetables (1 cup serving per vegtable) 1 fruit (small in size, or 1 cup) and 2 starch. It's not too bad, but I miss chocolate soo much! Does any one have tips on how to relieve late night muchie monsters? I try to just drink a big glass of water when I feel hungry, but I'm tired of waking up 300 times a night to pee lol. How long was it before any of you noticed results on your diets with moderate exercise?? God I wish I could be like this guy lol! I've only been on this diet 5 days..... I go weigh in tomorrow wish me luck!
toni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:04 PM   #26  
*Melissa*

Good luck Toni . When I get my munchies, (like right now) I get online and sit here or talk with people to keep my mind off of it!!! Drink plenty of water and maybe chew gum... it may help!

Last edited by ditzeechick; 01-11-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 268/268/180

Hey ladies!!! I am also in my twenties...........24 to be exact..........and i too am looking for some support!! I have already found a buddy on here........but hey who says you can't have a lot of people supporting you..........one person didn't raise a village........so let me know............i have yahoo and aim...........and i am on right now if anyone wants to talk!! maybe we can come up with a solid plan!!! We can be our own support ring!! twenties fighting the munchies...........lmao............girls we can do this together!!!

lemme know!!!
ethsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #28  
bigmamatita

Hey guys just reporting in! I didnt get my workout session today. I've had a migraine and jogging would just make it worst. I plan to get back on track tomorrow. Today's positive: I stuck to my meal plan! Also, have I mentioned how good the South Beach diet meal replacement bars are? Yummy! They're perfect during the times I feel like having something sweet, yet they have just a couple of grams of sugar and lots of protein.
Toni, maybe you could get some of those bars, cut'em in half and when you get the urge to munch just grab one half of the bar and that can be your treat! Make sure you get a cheat day also, that way you dont feel deprived. Does that help any?
ChicaLoca, me and you are on the same boat! almost! I weigh 159 lbs and looking forward to weighing 135 lbs by April Fools!All due to "baby" weight. I'd be happy if my bloated belly and double chin would just go away. Hope I make it. Good luck to you! Stay motivated and keep in touch.

Motivation Tip: Myself and a couple of co-workers began a Support Group, we have a binder and we're passing it around and putting in nutritious recipes, exercise tips, goals, motivational stories from magazines, etc. we're basically putting different kinds of info to keep us motivated.
bigmamatita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #29  

Also, for munchies, I've been drinking water for them. But, yeah I've been going to the bathroom like crazy, but I heard that was a good thing!! I heard sucking on frozen things, like popcicles, and ice cubes. Or eating apples and such
Old 01-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #30  

hey everybody.
Im glad so many 20 somethings found comfort under my post it makes me feel good. Crazycrystal and i came up with a diet and i started today. I've gained 5 pounds since i joined and am trying to tell my body that its going in the wrond direction! But anyone who wants details and to join our diet is welcome p.m. me and i will give you the details!
Let's keep supporting each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck everyone
Brandy
bskaar is offline   Reply With Quote