Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-03-2006, 06:59 AM   #1  

Default Brand new and would love a Buddy!

Hi there. My name is Laura and I just found this site tonight. I am 35, divorced and mother of a nine year daughter. I am 5'2" and weigh 191 pounds and would like to be around 140, although the pounds aren't as important to me as the way I look. I am living with my family right now in a new city and have no diet support here to lose weight. They're all for it...but there is every imaginable junk food around the house and will continue to be. So, I am eating my own meals, different from theirs because I can't do what they're eating. I'm doing the Atkins Diet. I've done it before and have lost weight but have never gone all the way or even kept it off.
So, I'm hoping to find some buddies to help keep me on track and hopefully I can support them in a way that helps them too. I would like to lose weight because I would feel better about myself and after the year I've had, well it's time. I think I just hide behind the weight and use it as my excuse not to close to anyone. Anyway, I would welcome anyone who would like a new friend and pen pal to assist and support this wonderful lifestyle change we're hoping to succeed at! Thank you for reading my story and look forward to hearing seeing the response. And gosh, keep up the great work!!!
Littlelota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:29 AM   #2  

Happy to provide whatever support/encouragement you need. I lost a decent amount of weight thru WW, kept it off 1 year+, but, in typical American fashion, regained a few pounds in November/December. I actually lost 1.2 in December, so at least I'm starting 2006 closer to my target range. I've also become an avid exerciser.

I have an 8 y.o. daughter (home sick today with stomach flu--yuck). Also a 13 y.o. son who has discovered the Seattle "grunge" sound from when Nirvana and Soundgarden were breaking thru. He got a flannel shirt for Hanukkah (and some Clash and Nirvana t-shirts) and was actually thrilled to get clothes as a gift--LOL.

Best of luck to you. You can PM me if you want (just click on my name and highlight "Send a private message to Elanajel).
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote