Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/281/255

Height: 5'7"

Smile 28 year old Mom needs a buddy!!

Hi everyone! I am new to this board but definitely not new to trying to lose weight! I am a 28 year old mom to 3 beautiful children and am really wanting to lose all of this excess weight. I have over 100 pounds to lose, so I know I will need a good kick in the butt now and then! I live in Northern California and love to read and scrapbook in my very little spare time. I can't wait to meet other people because one of the worst things is feeling like I am doing this all by myself!

Can't wait to meet everyone!
Familyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 04:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi there and welcome. Do you have a food and activity plan in mind? maybe we can steer you toward some threads that will be helpful.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #3  

Right now my goal is to journal what I eat and keep track of calories, fat, and fiber. I hate to journal, but I don't plan to do it long term. I just think it's a good idea to see if I am doing as well as I think I am and so far it's been an eye opener. Since i have failed every other time, I am taking it slow and am not committing myself to a vigorous exercise program yet...one step at a time for me.
Old 01-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #4  

I have just slightly less weight on me but the desire to lose about the same amount...I would love to help you out...I have already began my eating regime and lost 2.8 lbs already since yesterday! My plan is simple...cut out all soda (I drank 4 or 5 a day or more), cut down on my residual sugar, limit my caloric intake to between 1500 to 1800 a day...and eat only when I am hungry. I also will drink at least 10 glasses of water daily...
fatfalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/154.4/135

Height: 5'6"

if you are still loking for a buddy I am in northern california too. I am married, working mom of one 6 year old boy. I need to lose around 50 more pounds and been not doing good at this point since November and the Holidays. I am just starting back on track and wuold like to have a local buddy =). If internested let me know =)

April
Sweetloml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:36 AM   #6  

Yea! It's great to meet both of you!! Fatfalling- we sound like we have similar ideas on how we are going about losing weight. I am also working hard to increase my water intake, sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's not.

April - You are about an hour and a half south of me! It would be great to have a local buddy too! I think the more I meet and get to know who are going through what I am, the better!

Today was day two of writing down everything I eat...boy, I think I am doing great and then whamo, I add up my calories and fat and although I am doing WAY better than I was before (I shudder to think how many calories I was eating in a day...let alone grams of fat!!!!), I still have definite room for improvement.

Stephanie
Old 01-03-2006, 01:49 AM   #7  

Hi there. I am a 27 year old mom of a 2yr old boy. I am from Northern CA (Antioch - if you know it) but currently live in Monterey,CA. I too love scrapbooking -- it's an obsession but I rarely have time for it.

I am journaling my calories and water intake as well as exercising a lot (probably why I don't have time to scrapbook). I do weight lifting 3 times a week and cardio 6 times a week. I was doing great before the holidays but, like many people, I fell off the wagon when the holidays came calling. I am trying to get my calories back to a reasonable level and wean myself off the processed foods. I'd love to be a buddy, if you are still looking.
AnVy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote