Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 04:10 AM   #1  
Winning is losing

Default Introduction

Hello everyone.

I have a weight loss diary at OD and I was browsing the circles there and a fellow diarist suggested this site so..here I am.

I'm 36 years old. I have 2 children and a fantastic supportive hubby. Life is great. Last year this time I would have said life is good. Although I was happy with my family and my life I wasn't happy about me.

I have always been overweight. For as long as I can remember. Back when I was about 10 years old my father (whom I can't stand and don't associate with anymore) told me he would give me 100 dollars if I lost 25 lbs. Wow that stung and still stings 25 years later!!

In my teen years I always had the "I'll start a diet tomorrow" Tomorrow never came.

After the birth of my daughter I did lose a lot of weight. I got down to 140 lbs which is still overweight for my 5'1 frame. I thought I was fat then. It wasn't until 10 years later I looked at those pictures of me @ 140 and thought I was skinny then.

I continued to gain weight until I ended up somewhere around 252. It was probably higher but I don't know for sure. I stepped on the scale and watched it go higher and higher and when it hit the 252 mark I jumped off. I just did not want to see what I honestly weighed. How sick. I was in denial. I knew I had gained but I kept thinking Oh I probably gained about 10 lbs. WRONG...it was more like 100.

Last year I noticed it was harder to do the things I once used to do. Things as simple as climbing the 2 stairs on the back porch. I felt like I couldn't do it. Walking the smallest incline made me out of breath. Walking up the stairs from the laundry room was torture. Sleeping was interrupted due to what I assume was apena. Again in denial and was too embarassed to go the to doctors about it.

I reflected back and remembered how good I felt when I was thinner. I was never ever skinny but I was thinner.

So, last year my new years resolution was to lose weight. I didn't set unrealistic goals this time as I have in the past because I could never acheive them. I would get discouraged and basically throw the diet out the window This time I told myself I would be happy with any amount of loss each week or even a maintain here and there. AND IT WORKED!

Since Jan 3, 2005 I have lost 99.5 lbs. I am certain I will hit the -100 lb mark on my next weekly weigh in. I'm so excited and I can not beleive how easy the weight has come off since I have changed my eating habits. I don't starve. I don't count calories. I just eat healthy meals instead of fast food. I drink water and green tea with the occasional glass of orange juice. I don't drink sodas. Haven't had a burger in a year. Haven't eaten at McDonalds or any fast food restaurant in a year. Haven't ordered a pizza in a year. I'm just so darned proud of myself for doing something for me for a change. I feel 100% better.

I joined a gym when I got down to under 200 lbs. I used to think exercising was too much work. Now I live for it. I love to get up every day and go to the gym. I give myself 2 days a week off so I don't get burned out going.

I started out wearing a 3X shirt and size 24-26 pants. Today I wear a medium shirt and size 11 pants. I can squeeze into size 9 but I won't do that. I will wait until they fit me comfortably before I wear them. I have a whole new wardrobe of clothes. I don't have to wear stretchy pants and big shirts anymore. I can dress confidently and cute now.

I can't wait to get to my goal of 125. It's only 27 lbs away when last year this time it seemed unattainable.

If I can do this anyone can. I've failed so many times in my life at so many things and for once I can say Im A Loser and PROUD OF IT!
Old 12-31-2005, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

What a great story! Welcome! Read around a bit and post. I, for one, am glad you're here.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:54 AM   #3  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Wow! I agree with SusanB...What a great story! Congratulations on your journey so far! ...AND... Congratulations on your lifestyle change and determination to get to goal! Thank you for sharing You are quite an inspiration! Can't wait to hear more from you!
Old 12-31-2005, 10:14 AM   #4  

Congratulations on your weight loss and WTG!! You are an inspiration!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:21 AM   #5  
Looking for Thin

Wow. Your story is awesome and inspiring. I can relate on alot of what you said. Thank you for sharing your story with us.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:38 AM   #6  

You are definitely an inspiration... I am sooo envious of that medium shirt and size 9 jeans...lol I am a bit taller than you (5' 8.5") and I am waiting for the day to fit into 10's again.

I hope that we can all take a look and see that it is all possible, with a little change and commitment... Every little step seems huge right now and with a little help and support, we can do it...

Good luck on your next weekly weigh in!!! Welcome and we can't wait to hear MORE from LESS of you...lol
Old 12-31-2005, 12:58 PM   #7  
takin it one lb at a time

Default That is so awesome!

That is SO awesome!! Oh my goodness. You give me so much hope! I am like you were now. Although I don't weigh as much and i am 5'7 but.. I remember being 160 lbs and I was not too concerned with my weight... I was happy. Now at 220 lbs I would die (not literally ) to be that weight again!

After reading that I set down my soda and was like.. No... I'm going to the store to get more water! (Our water main broke this morning.. urgh). Thank you
Closed Thread