Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM   #1  
Paula

Default New in MI, looking for motivation guru!!!

I am looking for someone that will tell me to get off my fat butt and do something!!! I am a 30 yr old mother of two that needs to lose weight. I am starting to eat better. I have promised myself I will NOT eat after 6:00 at night and will NOT drink diet coke. I bought a water bottle and I intend to use it!!! I went to the doctor to get my tyroid checked. So I am hoping that has something to do with the weight. My problem is not that I eat and eat and eat. I get up make breakfast for the kids, do laundry, play, clean up, do some other stuff, make lunch for the kids, do dishes, laundry, clean, do some dog training, play with the kids. When my husband gets home I make dinner remembered I didn't eat all day and have dinner. then snack late at night on what ever I don't have to cook. So I am changing all that. My long term goal is to be about 130. But I will be happy at 140. So I need someone who would like to chat, e-mail, share stories, and maybe call if needed. I also just got a new puppy so I will have to do alot of training so hopefully that will get me moving and my Newfoundland dog needs to be walked everyday now that it is tooo cold to have him running around after a ball I threw.So that is just a little of my life. Sorry it is soooo long.

Paula
Old 12-29-2005, 12:23 AM   #2  
Fig

Hi Paula,
I'd be glad to be of help to you. I can give you suggestions, advice and cheer you on. You already have some built in help--kids and a dog! You get plenty of exercise playing with kids and caring for them. And walking a dog is great.
Skipping meals is the worst thing you can do. Make it a goal to eat regularly. I find it easier to have several small meals and snacks throughout the day rather than the 3 meal thing. Breakfast is VERY important. Have some fruit(whole or juice), cereal or egg, milk,..... whatever you like. Portion sizes are the key. You can find a guide almost anywhere or I can list them for you.
Starting is tough, but when you want this enough you'll do just fine. Let me know if I can help.
Marion

Old 12-29-2005, 11:33 AM   #3  
Paula

Thank you Marion!!! I ate breakfast two days in a row. I had lunch yesterday and I will have some today. I did miss dinner yesterday. It got late and I didn't want to eat at 8:00. So I am going grocery shopping tomorrow and I am online looking for good recipies. I am hopeing to find crockpot recipies so that I know dinner will be ready at 5:00 every night and something won't come up to make me late. Thank you for the boost!!!

Paula
[email protected]
Old 12-29-2005, 12:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I set up a thread over at the Group Support Board title December Fitness Starters, join me over there.
Closed Thread