Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-31-2005, 12:46 AM   #16  
kjkas10

Hi
Please be gental. This is my first ever posting and I am not sure what I am doing. I am not even sure if I can find my way back to this group. Anyways, I am soom to be 46, post-menopause because of a complete hysterectomy 4 years ago. No HRT. My thyroid went a few months before my hysterectomy and in a matter of about 1 year I gained between 50 to 60 pounds. I have been struggling ever since. I have a very high stress job that is hectic and very fast paced. I work in hazardous material lab most the time and sometimes on a site. I my tipical work week is 50 to 60 hours per week. I am cutting back my work hours to 45 hours a week or less, reclaiming my life and I have already started to implement my "get my act together & reclaim my life plan" for 2006. I am not saying I am going to loose 50 pounds in 2006, but I am saying my goal is at least 20 pounds, exercize and get rid of some of the stress in my life. I know I am going to have to work very hard to get there. Oh yah, did I mention stress, I have 4 kids. The oldest 27 is getting married in a year and a half. the 25 year old is getting married in 2 years, the 22 year old just started his 2nd tour in Iraq, and the youngest will be finishing high school and going off to collage in 2006. I guess I need some help keeping focused, and not stressed. However I do have alot to offer a buddy. So if you are still looking.
kjkas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:24 AM   #17  

Hello Everyone,
I have been hanging around this thread for a few days now. Seems that we all have somethings in common.
I am 46. I had a complete hysterectomy a year ago April. I have 2 childeren (22, daughter, and 25 son). DD is a senior in college and will graduate in June. DS is a baseball coach at a University. I have been married for 27 years in Feb. I am a special education teacher's aide and love working with the SE population. I have been heavy most of my life but have really been lugging around some extra lbs. since I had my son. How long can you claim that you still have baby weight to loss??? lol. I am 5' 2" and still need to lose another 75 lbs.

KJKAS10~
I too live in IL. Just let me know if you want to buddy up. I need all the help I can get and would love to help someone too.

Good Luck to everyone. We CAN do this together!!

TJ
gardenwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:43 AM   #18  
scl

Default Go check out: 40+ Fit & Fabulous

Created new thread under support groups for our folks and sent message to all the individuals who posted at original "buddy up" thread.

Let's get started with our new year!!!
scl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:45 AM   #19  

Hi
kjkas10 and gardenwoman

I can relate to you both too...there has been a special support group created today just for us 40 + ...

I have a 22 workaholic traveling son - 18 college going daughter - and 11 year old daughter that I believe is really my sons TWIN...All kids to the same hubby of 25+ years. My 11 year old came after dr's said I couldn't have anymore kids - HAHA Did I fool them or what?

Anyway, I too am carrying much EXTRA wieght around and looking to loose it over the next 7 or so months - at least 60 pounds, and then perhaps the other 20 after that -
Dee2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 04:52 PM   #20  

KJKAS10 and Dee~
I'll met you both over at the new thread at support groups!!!
Lets get this party started!!
TJ
Old 12-31-2005, 10:12 PM   #21  
kjkas10

Garden Lady & Dee
Wow! Our goals are almost identical. I am not sure how to do the thread. I only know how to get back to where I started. I am a true rooky. So please help me. This is all very exciting to me and I cant wait to start my new adventure with a comunity support system. 2006 is going to be a great new year!!! Dee and Garden lets get this show on the road!
KJK
kjkas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #22  

Happy New Year!!!
Today is the first day of our new lives.
What are you doing to loses those pounds? I am going to try the ol' fashion way and count calories.
Talk to you all soon.
TJ