Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Buddies Christmas Goal Group Dec 6/05

Here we are again in a new thread!

We are a group of dedicated people setting and meeting a goal by Christmas. Join us if you like and pledge to lose at least 1 pound each week until the 23rd.

Lazeedayzee, I hope your throat is feeling better, it is hard to eat properly when you have a cold or flu. Make sure you take good care of yourself.

AnVy, I am so proud of you! It takes a lot of courage to admit to things that make us uncomfortable. It sounds like you have already left that weight behind and are moving forward to a new number on the next ID.

As for me I have lost another 3 as of this am and am almost at my 10% goal! Whoo Hoo! I am so happy

I look forward to hearing about the rest of you!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:45 PM   #2  
Cynical RedHead

Hi, Sheri! And everyone else!!! I am still stuck at 140. I am not gaining, but am not losing either. I lost 5 pounds since the start of our Christmas challenge but have stalled for the past 2 weeks. I am going to try to ramp up my exercise even more than usual to try to lose a pound this week. I already work out 7 days a week at least 30 minutes a day, but I need to do something!
Old 12-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #3  

I think that DH is out to get me! He keeps on leaving junk food laying around. Last week it was a chocolate fest (truffles, M&M's, cocoa, etc), this week he is on a baking kick. He made some mint chocolate brownies last night that smelled soooo good, and then he just leaves them on the counter all day to mock me. He keeps talking about baking cookies too. I realize that he is having a holiday food fest this month and that he has never been overweight in his life but it sure makes it hard to lose weight when all that junk is in the house. I am pleased to report that I have yet to give in -- but there's still half a pan of brownies in there mocking me. I wonder what he'd do if I gave them away...

Sheri - good job on another 3 pound loss!! Way to go. And you are almost to your 10% mark, that is so awesome -- keep it up!!

Fishwoman - Sorry to hear about your stalled weight loss. I'm sure if you keep it up, you'll get back to losing. I admire your dedication to exercise, keep up the good work.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #4  

Default Need a Buddy

Hello Everyone,

Don't know if I'm in the right place. I'm on my second week of WW and need a buddy. Help! I am up for the challenge. I have lost 4 lbs in two weeks. I don't think that's a lot for two weeks and I am trying to hang in there. How do I get that cool weight loss bar on the screen?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:16 PM   #5  

ok
Old 12-07-2005, 03:54 PM   #6  
Cynical RedHead

I went to the gym a couple hours ago. Stepped on the scale before my shower and it was at 139 and 3/4 (doctor's type scale). Seeing as how my *official* weigh-ins are Tuesday morning, and I still have a party to get through this weekend, I won't be changing my ticker yet, but hey! It's below 140!

Mmm, Anvy, you can bring those brownies to me! Wait, no! Then my ticker will go back up Tell your DH he has to bring his baked goods into his office to get them out of the house. If his work is anything like mmine, any treats will be gone within minutes!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:09 PM   #7  
Losing for Life!

Hi, Guys!

AnVy, My husband has never had a weight problem either and I recently realized that he deliberately undermines my weight loss efforts. He acts like a food **** every time I pick up any food and on my last go around with WW I had reached a 70 pound loss and was doing great losing every week with no problems and if I so much as looked at a sweet or a bag of chips he would say, you would lose more if you didn't eat that, it didn't matter that I was using my points and well within them in fact he just kept on top of me so much it was driving me crazy and then he started taking me out for dinner at places that had few good selections for me and eating tortilla chips and salsa at night while watching t.v. then he started bringing home my favorite chocolate bars. I didn't realize until just before I started this time that he had actually done this. So this time I haven't told him I have joined WW and I don't say anything to him about my food. I have just started bringing home different cookbooks for healthy eating and have told him that I am trying to help my son with his efforts to have a healthy lifestyle and diet. Now my hubby thinks I am having an affair, which I think is a real laugh. He can think what he wants but I am not going to include him this time. I am going to succeed without his roadblocks!
Old 12-07-2005, 06:17 PM   #8  

Fishwoman: I normally get rid of junk food by sending it to work with DH. He's military so all the guys at work chow down on anything put in front of them. The problem with the brownies is that DH wants to save them for himself - doesn't want to share with the guys at work. Congrats on getting below 140!!

Sheri: I can relate to your problem with DH. When I am trying to eat right, he is constantly asking me, "Can you eat that?" Today, DS & I went to have lunch with DH at work. We went to a nearby deli and ate turkey sandwiches. There was a tiny but of mayo on mine and DH leans over and points to the mayo and says, "Can you eat that?" The funny thing is, he said this as he was chowing down on a piece of chocolate & reeses peanut butter cup cake that was bigger than his head. I said that as long as I stayed away from his cake, he need not be concerned. I realize that he is trying to help me stick to my program but I really wish he would eat less junk in front of me. He says that he has tried to cut down but the holidays make it hard. We'll see if there's any change in January (I'm thinking probably not).
Old 12-07-2005, 10:05 PM   #9  

My Dh is horrible! he never has struggled with weight!
Often he will sit next to me with a bowl of icecream and custard and cake! and offer it to me first! then i say no so he shrugs and eats it!
Yesterday i was at a friends and her daughter walked past eating a biscuit, i could even smell the marshmallow in the darn biscuit! How crazy is that!

I lost another 3 pounds this week, which i am happy about but the main thing is if i do my cardio today i will have stuck to this weeks excercise i set myself! that i am celebrating! (and if i get it done today, tomorrow is a excercise free day!)

I have passed my christmas goal! never could of seen myself even reaching that! i will leave the ticker up, to see if maybe a couple of more pounds might dissappear! (but remember the weight is not important, setting weekly excercise goals and doing them is my thing! ) I need to start rewarding myself for doing what i set each week!

How is everyone going with the lead up to christmas, there is a lot of junk food in my house, and occasionally i have picked up something, and read the calories and thought if i could fit them in my daily count! then i just put them down....
Old 12-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #10  
Losing for Life!

Wow, Sonja, you are so awesome with the exercise. I know I need to get on that but this month is so crazy that I really haven't got any time. I am determined to start on January 3rd, once everyone is back at work and school and out of my hair.

I am o.k with the holiday foods as fortunatly I am not a big sweet eater. I love jumbo candy canes though and I have allowed myself 1 per week. They are 2 ounces of hard candy each. I used to eat 1-2 of them every day once they came to the stores but I am finding since I cut out all the artificial sweeteners and processed sugars that I am not all that interested in them anymore.

My biggest problem right now is wanting to stop and have a quick burger and fries at the local Wendys. I am so used to doing that when I am shopping that it is really calling to me now. I have discovered that I can pass these things up usually but once I have had even a small amount of fries or anything cooked in oil I seem to get major cravings for more. Man it is hard to suppress those desires for fat! I can see I am going to have to really be careful that I don't allow that to knock me off my road.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:09 PM   #11  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone.

Just a quick note to say, I made my move to Iowa. It was a trip from H E Double LL but so glad it is over. I just wanted to touch base and see how you were all doing. I did lose another 2 lbs before leaving. I am at the 200 mark. 1 lb away from Onederland. Knowing me I am going to be gaining some weight back while living with my parents. I am just happy to see them again. It's been almost 6 years. My father even noticed that I had lost weight. What a compliment to hear him say that to me. Makes me more determined then ever to lose the weight. Plus showing off to the ex hubby in town doesn't sound bad to me either. I just want to prove it to myself that I can do it. I am so tired of feeling like a total failure. I am just anxious to get to work so we can get our own place and be independent. I hope to be down to 140 by July. That would be great.

Well, I just wanted to let you all know I am safe and hope to post more now.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:00 PM   #12  

hi there....would love to join the group! this is such a great website, i'm looking forward to winning at the losing game with everyone!

Old 12-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #13  
On my way!

Hello all!

Everyone is doing such a great job

This week has been a challenge for me, I've been making my peanut butter fudge that I give to everyone for Christmas. I have been good, and haven't had a smidge. I grab the veggies when I feel the urge, and it's paid off. I've lost another pound this week, down to 139
Old 12-09-2005, 12:19 AM   #14  

Hi

Sheri the kids go back to school jan 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!
My kids break up on the 21st december and go back first week in feb (6 weeks summer holidays here!) i haven't even thought on how i will survive the kids!
Dh has only 10 days off, (luckily! i might just get through that!)
I haven't put our candy canes on the tree yet! and apart from one packet to decorate the tree, i have bought no more! My biggest prob is chocolate! here summer, christmas and chocolate........... but instead of a lot of food to celebrate christmas i am trying to think up more things i can do with the kids, from craft, to swimming, bike riding, board games..... if anyone has any ideas ? i am trying to make the holiday more active and fun! instead of sitting and eating my way through it.
It is hard to break habits! like buying certain foods while shopping, routines are hard to break! You are doing well trying to break the habit, find something to replace it? maybe have a few moments looking at clothes shops, for incentive, then you maybe can overide the craving with, loved that shirt, maybe one day i can fit all these nice clothes ( i can do it) once you stop thinking of the craving they do tend to go away.

It was funny today, since i did a cardio workout yesterday i was going to give myself a day off today, but after i had lunch i could not just sit down and relax, so to have something to do , i went and did a weight workout! i just felt like i needed to fill in the time with something usefull, i feel good about that now!

200 Annie! you have nearly got to onderland! you must feel proud! you have nearly caught up to your DH! congratulations.

This weeks goals for myself are
1. 2 cardio and 2 weights sessions (done one weights already!)
2. adding an extra 200 cal to my daily limit, but not losing control
3. drinking at least 4 glasses of water (<- diet soda fan!)

I think i have babbled on enough already LOL!
sonja
Old 12-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #15  

HI all, just checking in. This weekend has been a bit of a tough one for me. I have been getting sick so I have been craving comfort food. I've done ok, had a chocolate chip cookie (just one) and some egg nog but other than that I've been on program. I even went out for a 5 mile run today with DH and DS in our new jogging stroller (it's way cool cuz I can plug my MP3 player into it and we all can hear the music through the speakers - DS LOVES to hear the music). I hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Closed Thread